Hey everyone,
    I currently own the OEM charging pod, Otterbox Defenders and an Epik case for my 9630.
    I read the Epik case will fit, but block the charging port (which is fine till they come up with the 9650 version and i order it).
    However what about the Otterbox Defender? I feel the 9650 version will probably be a little different and the 9630 versions won't fit.
    Finally, does anybody have experience switching, using the OEM charging pods?
    Thanks a lot!
    Dav
    06-18-10 11:26 AM
    The charging pods for the 9630 will work for the 9650.
    06-18-10 03:47 PM
    The cases will all fit, its nearly the EXACT same device, except they messed with us and moved the charging port up just a little bit.
    06-18-10 03:49 PM
    In retrospect I should have done a little more research...
    Clearly the pods will work, and a simple google would have told me that! sorry!
    anyway about the cases... the EPIK says it'll fit right but won't be able to charge (moved port as you said).
    However what about the otterbox defenders, they seem to be a little too "specific" to work...
    06-18-10 04:12 PM
    Specific how so? Literally, the device is the same as the 9630, they just changed the trackball for a pad.

Give it a shot, you will see.
    06-18-10 04:14 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=476774
    apparently the 9630 defender will fit, but just enough.
    If you own it you know that the hard plastic inside is like EXACTLY over the charging port...
    I yet have to have the phone in my hand (tmrw) so i just am being curious asking around
    It seems like the logical thing to do is try and test it tomorrow... but yeah...
    Thanks for the rapid replies!
    Dav
    06-18-10 04:18 PM
    so glad to see this I have an epik for my 9630, just got upgraded to a Bold today...was worried about having to buy new stuff. As for charging could care less I take it off every night to use my dock anyways! this day is just getting better!!
    06-18-10 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD