Hi folks!

I just recently became the proud owner of a new 8520 Curve (T-Mobile) and would like some ideas about a case. Even though I love how it feels in the hand "naked", I see already how easy it would be to mess it up by scratches/dropping/etc.

I saw a case at Radio Shack that I tried on & really liked made by Otter Box called "Impact", and it's their #2 in the retail packaging. I found one on eBay for almost half & ordered it already...should get it any day now.

My actual question is this: Does anyone know of a case that I can wear on my belt that will hold the Otter Box Impact case? Preferably one with actual belt *loops*? (Previous belt clip cases have a tendency to ride up on me and pop off!)

The SKU for this Otter Box Impact case is RBB1-85005-20-C50TR and the dimensions are 4.48" x 2.49" x .73"

Thanks in advance! I'm sure I can't be the only one who wears a case within a case?
    08-15-10 06:15 PM
    Otterbox!!! I'm about to get one myself. I currently have a "mybat" platic case. Thick clear plastic. $4 on amazon! Works great!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-10 06:18 PM
    Otterbox!!! I'm about to get one myself. I currently have a "mybat" platic case. Thick clear plastic. $4 on amazon! Works great!

Thanks for the quick reply, but I'm looking for a belt-loop case large enough that will hold the "Otter Box Impact" case within it.
    08-15-10 06:28 PM
    Oh that case is pretty big and thick, I don't think there is a case able to withstand something like that

08-15-10 06:33 PM
    I'm getting the Otterbox Commuter soon, I am going to get it on Amazon for 25 bucks. Cases are a great thing to get on amazon. The Impact is all silicone though, and the issue with that is that it is going to be a pain to get out of your pocket.
    08-15-10 08:29 PM
    Yeah the silicon will grip the fabric and get all fuzzy. :P

08-15-10 08:43 PM
    Hi guys, I guess I wasn't clear in my original post, sorry. I don't plan to keep the phone in my pocket, I want to wear it on my belt IN a case. This way, when I take it out of the case, it will still have protection (OtterBoxImpact) on it! Soft center, hard shell - like M&M's! :-)
    08-15-10 09:48 PM
    I also just ordered the otterbox impact from amazon. should be getting it tomorrow. can't wait.

to answer the question. i'm sure you can go to the otterbox manufacturer website and find your answer.
    08-15-10 10:58 PM
    Otterbox Commuter is the best case

08-16-10 12:02 AM
    I have the Otterbox Commuter and liked it alot until I noticed the case collects the lint and other things that are in your pocket. The screen got scratched up just above the screen protector. I would suggest getting a screen protector that covers the whole screen.
    08-16-10 01:47 AM
    You should've got the otterbox defender. I have the impact but I keep my bb uncovered just doesn't feel as bulky to me...

08-16-10 01:47 AM
    I guess I am wondering the same thing. Is there any holster that would hold an otterbox? I too would like to use an otterbox to protect my Berry, but would need the ability to carry it on my belt.
    08-16-10 09:25 AM
    I'm not sure if there is a holster that will work with the Otterbox, but this one looks really nice.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=xn9UQcSK
    08-16-10 08:10 PM
    The seidio holster is one of the best holsters available. Had one on my 9650
    08-17-10 05:58 PM
    The Oterbox Defender was money well spent for me. I can deal with the slightly larger size and my hands arent excessively large. The 8530 is small to begin with. A hard plastic case, soft to the touch on the outside and a holster for the belt

If anyone with mini-me hands (j.k. ) is interested I can weight and measure the case with a caliper or Micrometer.
    08-17-10 06:34 PM
    Hi folks,

Nice to see so many replies to my original post, and I like some of your suggestions too. I finally found my case today, of all places - at Target!

It holds my OtterBox'd 8520 *Perfectly* and it only cost $10! Woohoo!

Here are some links with pics (in case anyone's interested):

(Otter Box) TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL
    (Moda Casi) TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL
    08-17-10 06:49 PM
    I have my 85** in a Otterbox Commuter case
    and this fits inside my old 8330 holster
    08-18-10 07:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD