Hello,

I am anticipating the arrival of my new 8350i from Nextel.

I am looking for a case that will give maximum protection (belt clip not necessary). I am most interested in a pouch or "side case".

Can some one suggest a case that they have successfully used for the 8350i? Links would be great.
    02-01-09 12:20 PM
    Do not get any of the rubber cases because they cause an echo. I was thinking of getting a Otter Box but I wasnt sure if it would echo.
    02-02-09 06:24 PM
    Do not get any of the rubber cases because they cause an echo. I was thinking of getting a Otter Box but I wasnt sure if it would echo.
    There is echo even without a case.

I have an Otterbox. My phone echoes with it on or off. Network issues.
    02-02-09 06:55 PM
    I have tried a few cases and nocase at all the echo and the distorted audio is there with them all. So if you have the audio issued get it logged by calling Sprint/Nextel and report it. Or if you are really angry enough e mail their ceo direct and tell him your sick of people telling you that you sound horrible on a 300 phone.

[email protected]
    [email protected]
    02-02-09 08:58 PM
    just got my otter box a few days ago, its pretty nice, seems like it will hold up well, and i abuse my phones. as for the echo, sprint will text us all when it is fixed
    02-02-09 09:19 PM
    Does it shutdown the phone in a standby mode like my current blackberry pouch one does? I work in the aircraft industry and I am constantly bumping and thumping my phone on stuff. Just wondering if is shut off the screen or does it rely on the phones screen shut off to save battery power. I really want to get this case echo or not, since it will protect my investment in this blackberry.
    02-02-09 10:30 PM
    it has the magnet just like the other pouches. seems to work fine, worst part i can see is taking it apart for battery pulls, hopefully that will be resolved soon
    02-02-09 11:50 PM
    I use this one from Rex Regina, it's their croc case. It's made very well and has the sleeper magnet and the groove inside for the trackball. It has no clip but I don't use one and it fits good in any pocket. The phone fits it perfect with a rubber skin on it...the sides are leather too so they won't stretch out over time.

It's all a matter of preference and what fits, there just doesn't seem to be a lot for the IDEN BB right now. Some Bold cases will work depending on the design, the Bold dimensions are similar.

S1134NVCRBL-1.jpg (image)
    02-03-09 12:50 AM
    Does it shutdown the phone in a standby mode like my current blackberry pouch one does? I work in the aircraft industry and I am constantly bumping and thumping my phone on stuff. Just wondering if is shut off the screen or does it rely on the phones screen shut off to save battery power. I really want to get this case echo or not, since it will protect my investment in this blackberry.

that I put together.

right after this review I got rid of the 8350 till the bugs are ironed out. So I can't comment on everyday use yet.
    02-03-09 07:22 PM
    that I put together.

right after this review I got rid of the 8350 till the bugs are ironed out. So I can't comment on everyday use yet.
    Nice Video, Thanks Tritan.
    02-03-09 08:49 PM
    I've got an 8350i in an Otterbox.

My phone must have been one of the few with no issues to speak of, until I put it in an Otter Box.

Everyone echo'd back to themselves and said it sounded like I was sitting inside a barrel. I figured out that if I trime away the plastic around the mic on the bottom (made it about 1/2" wide hole) it fixed how I sounded to the caller.

To keep them from echoing back to themselves, just remove the rubber from the outside of the case. You still jave plenty of protection from the hard plastic shell and it still fits well in teh holster.

Also another tip on these is I removed the clear plastic cover from the camera because the camera would focus on it instead of what I was trying to take a pic of.

So, outside of leaving half the case off, cutting a big hole in the bottom and knocking out a little clear piece of plastic, the Otter Box is a pretty good case.
    02-03-09 08:52 PM
    So, outside of leaving half the case off, cutting a big hole in the bottom and knocking out a little clear piece of plastic, the Otter Box is a pretty good case.
    lol... and I was just thinking of getting one.
    02-03-09 08:57 PM
    Your milage might differ from mine.

I would like to hear some other feedback from folks that have them.
    02-03-09 09:01 PM
    I am at a cross roads when it comes to the otterbox. I love the case and i would modify it to work better, but I know there is a couple manufacturers working on cases for this phone and I would like to return the otterbox if theres works better. If I modify there is no chance of a return, and 60$ is 60$ (shipped)
    02-04-09 10:11 PM
    Just got the otter today, its great. No echoes, very durable

Hello,

I am anticipating the arrival of my new 8350i from Nextel.

I am looking for a case that will give maximum protection (belt clip not necessary). I am most interested in a pouch or "side case".

Can some one suggest a case that they have successfully used for the 8350i? Links would be great.
    02-04-09 10:38 PM
    Just got the otter today, its great. No echoes, very durable
    just for clarification, I never get an echo on my end just the people I am talking to say that it is there especially when the volume of the earpiece is on HIGH. With the volume down it does appear to minimize the issue.
    02-04-09 10:41 PM
    I've had my 8350 for about aweek or so, no problems yet (looking for some wood to knock on).I also just bought the otter box online $36 shipped.this thing looks pretty tough and I hope it is because I work in construction and tear phones up.
    02-20-09 10:50 PM
    My husband has the Otterbox and loves it. He is a firefighter and needs a rugged case. It does echo with the volume on high, but works great when the volume is adjusted. I found the case way to bulky for me. I have the Seidio case and holster. It took forever for Seidio to ship the products, but I absolutely love the case. It is not bulky, no echo, and I love the feel of it. I am not overly thrilled with the holster, but it does work well.
    02-21-09 07:41 AM
    My husband has the Otterbox and loves it. He is a firefighter and needs a rugged case. It does echo with the volume on high, but works great when the volume is adjusted. I found the case way to bulky for me. I have the Seidio case and holster. It took forever for Seidio to ship the products, but I absolutely love the case. It is not bulky, no echo, and I love the feel of it. I am not overly thrilled with the holster, but it does work well.
    I just got my Seido Innocase in three days ago and really like it, too. No issues as of yet. The holster is easier to use than the stock one. The only complaint so far is my GF. She is waiting (im)patiently for another color than black. She wants pink... I emailed Seido and they wrote me back and said they are working on other colors but could'nt give an ETA.
    02-21-09 11:13 AM
    I just got my Seido Innocase in three days ago and really like it, too. No issues as of yet. The holster is easier to use than the stock one. The only complaint so far is my GF. She is waiting (im)patiently for another color than black. She wants pink... I emailed Seido and they wrote me back and said they are working on other colors but could'nt give an ETA.
    I also have the Seido Innocase and holster combination. I love it; it looks nice, is not as bulky as the Otterbox, and the case is made of some type of hard plastic material that has a rubber-like texture...but isn't rubber. It is very sturdy, fits like a glove, and also looks nice with a suit and tie.

I would say the Otterbox is for those who need the ultimate level of protection while the Innocase is for those who want a level somewhere between a simple rubber skin and the Otterbox.
    02-21-09 11:52 AM
    Tritan,
    Thanks for the video review. Nicely done. I just ordered that case also. I also clicked the related products link and ordered the 2.5" duty belt holster because I am a police officer.

Now that you have had this case for a while, what do you think it about it. I read on the otterbox website that they recommend keeping the volume below 6 to reduce the chances for echo. I am interested to find out if this has been an issue for you.

Also, to anyone considering this case. You can enter the promo code "CES2009" without the quotes, you will get an immediate 15% discount.

I look forward to your reply.

Thanks
    Rob
    02-21-09 12:13 PM
    I ordered the otterbox the day I got the email saying they were ready. I got 20% off with some code. Its bulky but I work in a dusty and dirty environment and it keeps the dust out. I bump it, scratch it, hit it, etc and the phone is fine. the cover over the camera lens makes the images seem a bit blurrier but if I take it off, there is a way for dirt to get in to my phone now. Others get an echo from me when I don't use my bluetooth so I try to be aware and use the bluetooth as much as possible. I just wish I could make the phone actually ring so I don't have to wear the BT all day long. As far as battery pulls, someone posted a keyboard shortcut to reboot and it works fine.

alt + left shift + delete = battery pull
    02-22-09 09:02 AM
    Have the Seidio Innocase on mine with the screen guard. Very easy to put on and the case looks and feels great. I am very happy with it.
    02-22-09 04:21 PM

what colors would you like to see us to produce besides the black color that is available now ?

Our typical colors are black, burgundy, blue, pink and grey.

Thanks
    02-22-09 11:28 PM
    what colors would you like to see us to produce besides the black color that is available now ?

Our typical colors are black, burgundy, blue, pink and grey.

Thanks
    Now THATS service.
    02-23-09 10:39 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD