I just got my otterbox yesterday, and was surprised to notice that it doesnt go into sleep mode when in the holster. turns out, the sleep magnet is on the wrong side! anyone else have this problem?
    if i put the phone in the holster the correct way (facing inward) it does not go to sleep, however if i put it in backwards (of course it doesnt snap into place) it does go to sleep.
    05-23-08 10:16 AM
    I have the 8130, and mine doesn't go to sleep, regardless of the way I put it in the holster.
    05-27-08 11:54 AM
    I actually just got an email back from their support saying there was a defective batch that had the magnet on the wrong side, so they are sending me out a replacement. The customer service from Otterbox is excellent, I would suggest going to otterbox.com and clicking the "contact us" link to send an email to them with your issue.
    05-27-08 03:29 PM
    There customer support is awesome. just called and a replacement is already on the way.
    05-27-08 03:45 PM
    Any news on this I have the same problem and they told me there is no fix. All they offer is the sleep magnet on the outside?
    06-22-08 02:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD