The charging pods keep getting cheaper, but now I'm finding 2 different part numbers, the more common ASY-14396-008
    but also HDW-19135-001 is described as OEM. Have found them on eBay and Amazon but nowhere else, including the BlackBerry website. Anyone know if it's the real thing? Seems to be a couple bucks cheaper.

Thanks in advance,
    Rick
    02-12-09 12:40 AM
    The charging pods keep getting cheaper, but now I'm finding 2 different part numbers, the more common ASY-14396-008
    but also HDW-19135-001 is described as OEM. Have found them on eBay and Amazon but nowhere else, including the BlackBerry website. Anyone know if it's the real thing? Seems to be a couple bucks cheaper.

Thanks in advance,
    Rick
    I found your thread because I think there is a similar issue with the Flip 8220 charging pods. I can't find any model numbers on the BB site for either the Flip or Storm pod but the number on the back of my Flip pod is not what was advertised on Amazon, if those numbers should indeed be on the back.

My search began when trying to save face after I said I was 99% sure that the led doesn't light up on the front of the Flip pod, even though the original Curves did. I remember reading posts saying it did not, and mine does not. However, BB, on their site, says it does light up on the front of both the Flip and the Storm.

I have yet to hear of anyone whose led does light up on the front of the Flip or Storm charging pod. That includes reviews here on Crackberry.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=e0zBYjIQ

Here is the Flip charging pod thread. Post 35 is a starting point...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f85/cha...74/index3.html

But my pod does charge fine, and by setting it to "display clock" while charging in the clock options, I don't need no stinkin' led.
    02-12-09 03:11 PM
    Recieved 2 of these today, they are great, one for my office and one for the bedside.
    Cheap as chips and both include a mains charger and a usb charger (both mini usb however)

OK not shiney chrome but the form factor and footpring is minimal, same footprint as the storm itself.

h**p://cgi.ebay.co.uk/USB-Sync-Charger-Cradle-Dock-for-Blackberry-9500-Storm_W0QQitemZ110344733600QQihZ001QQcategoryZ1503 7QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l126 2
    02-19-09 09:36 AM
    I just bought this one yesterday that was posted already part number: ASY-14396-008

But I heard rumors in another thread that RIM is making an upgraded cradle for the Storm with more features�figures right after I buy one this comes up...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 09:48 AM
    I just bought this one yesterday that was posted already part number: ASY-14396-008

But I heard rumors in another thread that RIM is making an upgraded cradle for the Storm with more features…figures right after I buy one this comes up...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Can you point to the thread you refer to, regarding the upgraded cradle?
    Last edited by scotteggleston; 03-12-09 at 02:17 PM.
    03-12-09 02:10 PM
    I also heard that RIM was doing an upgraded cradle...at least that's what the local Verizon store rep told me. I decided not to wait. The difference between the two...one is supposed to be a charger ONLY and the other is a charger/sync cradle. As for the pricing difference...no idea but I would take the one that says it does BOTH. Take a close look at Amazon in the title and description.

This one looks to be the charger only:
    h**p://www.amazon.com/Original-BlackBerry-Desktop-Blackberry-Smartphone/dp/B001PLUG34/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=wireless&qid=1236887396&sr=8-7

This one looks to do both:
    h**p://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-ASY14396008-Desktop-Charge-Storm/dp/B001LRPN0I/ref=pd_cp_cps_1?pf_rd_p=413863801&pf_rd_s=center-41&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B001PLUG34&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIK X0DER&pf_rd_r=1NN4C702NR2GEB1BNVXY

I bought two of the charger/cradle version...one for work, one for home. They work great. The new ones might come in a black color or something fancier. The Amazon site has other units but they are off-brand and not by RIM.
    03-12-09 02:54 PM
    I get my stuff direct from VZW, it's about $23 if order online. The part number there is RIMSTORMDTC.
    03-12-09 03:25 PM
    Thanks! I looked at both, and I suspect they're the same ... it just depends on whether you connect a power cord to it, or the USB charge/sync cable.

I also heard that RIM was doing an upgraded cradle...at least that's what the local Verizon store rep told me. I decided not to wait. The difference between the two...one is supposed to be a charger ONLY and the other is a charger/sync cradle. As for the pricing difference...no idea but I would take the one that says it does BOTH. Take a close look at Amazon in the title and description.

I bought two of the charger/cradle version...one for work, one for home. They work great. The new ones might come in a black color or something fancier. The Amazon site has other units but they are off-brand and not by RIM.
    03-12-09 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD