I just bought a used unlocked BB curve 9320 on EBay. The vendor did not mention that the phone had been locked to Mobilicity and is not useable on any of the main Canada Wide Carriers such as Rogers, Fido, Bell, Virgin, Telus or Koodoo due to its rare AWS radios regards of whether it is locked or unlocked. Wind is the only other Canadian Carrier that would work and neither of these outfits have anything close to national coverage. The 9320 is an extremely popular phone but I was unaware there was 2 different builds. Too bad BB didn't give it a different designation. (like the 9330).
    My Bad, buyer be ware.
    10-31-14 10:54 AM
    BB had 2 builds (AWS and non-AWS) for quite a while with its pre-BB10 GSM phones. I can recall them going as far back as the 9700 (OS5/OS6,) and that's just my recollection. Generally, for North America, it went:

Wind/Mobilicity/T-Mobile/Cincinnati Bell/Videotron
    Telus/Koodo/Rogers/Fido/Bell/Virgin Mobile/AT&T

with very little interchangeability.
    10-31-14 11:32 AM
    BB had 2 builds (AWS and non-AWS) for quite a while with its pre-BB10 GSM phones. I can recall them going as far back as the 9700 (OS5/OS6,) and that's just my recollection. Generally, for North America, it went:

Wind/Mobilicity/T-Mobile/Cincinnati Bell/Videotron
    Telus/Koodo/Rogers/Fido/Bell/Virgin Mobile/AT&T

with very little interchangeability.
    Thanks for this.
    I wonder what the customer split would be. I know the listed Canadian AWS carriers are tiny and T-Mobile is the only major carrier I recognize. Gotta be like 5 to 1 ratio. If so the resale value must be much less for the smaller market. I would have never bought a "locked to Mobility" phone but got sidetracked by the unlocked 9320 description.
    10-31-14 12:00 PM
    Thanks for this.
    I wonder what the customer split would be. I know the listed Canadian AWS carriers are tiny and T-Mobile is the only major carrier I recognize. Gotta be like 5 to 1 ratio. If so the resale value must be much less for the smaller market. I would have never bought a "locked to Mobility" phone but got sidetracked by the unlocked 9320 description.
    My guess is that the AWS units should sell for more, because if you want one, you have a limited selection to buy from (whereas if you want one for, say Rogers, you have so many NA options, not to mention ROW.) This is generally true of all OEMs' GSM phones--the more specific you get with bands, the more expensive it gets.
    10-31-14 02:28 PM
    I think you have got them confused. I have an AWS BlackBerry Bold 9900 that I bought from windmobile (will work on mobilicity and t-mobile, it's unlocked too), it does support 2G frequencies and WILL work on Rogers/Fido/Chat-R, but NOT on Bell/Virgin, Telus/Koodo/Public due to the fact that it won't support those said 3G bands (1,2,5,6). AWS is 1,4,8.

So you CAN use it on big red Rogers and it's smaller subsideries Fido, Chat-R.

Edit: You will need to unlock the BlackBerry Curve 9320 in order to use it on another carrier. Sometimes sellers claim to say it's unlocked just to make a quick sale, which is dishonest. The same goes for "unlocked" (software only) android and iOS powered smartphones. When you factory reset them, the unlock is lost.

Posted via CrackBerry 10 (CB10) application using my BlackBerry Q10.
    11-17-14 03:01 PM