Item Description : BlackBerry 9000 Bold - unlocked
    Price : n/a - straight across trade
    Rate it : 9.5/10 -9.5 only because it's not BNIB
    What it comes with : box and all accessories, except earphones. Will include OEM charging "pod", extra chargers & screen protectors
    Item location : Springfield, MO USA
    Shipping Details : Will ship via UPS Overnight
    Payment Options : n/a
    Contact Info : PM here, please!

Any additional info: iPhone must be in reasonably close or same mint condition, and include box and accessories. Black or white color, doesn't matter...16gb/32gb doesn't matter.

Thanks for looking!!

09-11-09 10:14 AM
    Sunday afternoon BUMP!!
    09-13-09 05:00 PM
    Another BUMP!!!

C'mon guys...there has to be somebody out there in Crackberryville that switched to the iPhone 3GS, and misses their BlackBerry!!!
    09-15-09 03:40 PM
    I would most def. But I have the 8gb 3G.
    09-15-09 07:27 PM
    I would consider it but there are 2 things going against this.. One, I could sell my 3GS on ebay for approx 650 and Bold's in used/mint condition are selling for 350.. That's a net of 300 dollars. Second, I wouldn't want an unlocked Bold.
    09-15-09 11:29 PM
    I would consider it but there are 2 things going against this.. One, I could sell my 3GS on ebay for approx 650 and Bold's in used/mint condition are selling for 350.. That's a net of 300 dollars. Second, I wouldn't want an unlocked Bold.
    Then, why did you feel compelled to post? Why don't you troll another thread?

This is exactly why I've changed my mind about trading, and am asking the mods to close this thread. I have had several members send me PM's about wanting to trade...then they either flake out after the deal is agreed on, and never bother to communicate again, or all they want to do is say this or that about the trade. I have dealt with a whole new breed of arrogance dealing with people who own iPhones.

I guess one of the reasons I'm sticking with the BlackBerry is that I can deal with mature people who have a little higher level of personal character and conduct.

So...mods, close this thread. The deal is over.
    Last edited by davistld01; 09-16-09 at 07:33 AM.
    09-16-09 07:30 AM
    Just sent you a PM. I am not trolling, just pointing that it's a bad business deal for the person with the 3GS. However, I can't believe you would say you are sticking with a Blackberry so you could deal with people that have a higher level of personal character and conduct. So you're saying #1 that I have a low personal character? #2 That I don't conduct myself correctly? #3 All iPhone owners are like that?

I've read more arrogant pro-Blackberry rants on this message board then pro-iPhone rants (even on theiphoneblog.com) But to broad brush all users like that seems like maybe you are the one with the problems and not the people who you are trying to "trade" with.
    09-16-09 08:42 AM
    I'm just amazed at how people like you post on the Marketplace forum after someone places an ad, and critisizes the ad...going on and on about what you wouldn't do, and what's wrong with the deal. It's rude...at the very least, and your opinion is not requested. If you don't want to trade...then why even comment?

If a person buys an iPhone 3GS for $199, doesn't like it...amd can trade for a phone such as the Bold that will set them back considerably more even with a contract...and they don't feel like jacking with all the crooks and flakes on eBay...then I would consider it a great deal for them.

Thanks for your PM calling me an a*shole...but that simply demonstrates more of why my attitude is valid.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 09:16 AM
    Well first off, I apologize if you think I am trolling, I am not. I also apologize for calling you an a**hole in a PM. I agree with you about the flakes and crooks on eBay. But there are FAR more protections for buyers/sellers on eBay then there is on this message board or craigslist, etc.. I have done ALOT of business on eBay and have been burnt once or twice but have always recouped my money from the appropriate sources. While my opinion wasn't warranted here, I am of the belief(not saying its the right one, but it's what I believe) that once you post something on a message board, ANYONE can provide opinion or thoughts on the topic. It just comes with the territory. I just could've handled my responses a little more professionally and for that I apologize sincerely.
    09-16-09 10:19 AM
    closed per OP's request
    09-16-09 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD