Either way, Im not a iPhone expert and until it IS working properly, Im NOT sending this person my perfectly working Tour. Like I said I contacted him ONE day after recieving the phone and trying to reslove the problem. I no longer have this person's mailing address, otherwise I would have sent it back with a letter explaining why.
    So keep trying to contact the seller. His mailing address is not on the package that it arrived in? If you're not going to send the Tour, than send back the phone.
    09-06-09 04:20 PM
    Either way, Im not a iPhone expert and until it IS working properly, Im NOT sending this person my perfectly working Tour. Like I said I contacted him ONE day after recieving the phone and trying to reslove the problem. I no longer have this person's mailing address, otherwise I would have sent it back with a letter explaining why.
    Why didn't you call him? Bunky stated he called and sent several emails and you never responded. now all of the sudden you don't have his address anymore? Why not just call the guy and send the phone back?

Holding the iPhone hostage and saying your not sending until you have a working phone is just cop-out on your part, Based on the info you provided the phone was and still is just fine. it needs to be activated and you know that too.
    09-06-09 04:23 PM
    So keep trying to contact the seller. His mailing address is not on the package that it arrived in? If you're not going to send the Tour, than send back the phone.
    No his addy was not on the package. I assumed when he didnt write back that he knew the phone was jacked up and assume Id send before I found out. When that didnt happen he didnt know how to reply.
    09-06-09 04:25 PM
    Having this attitude doesnt help the situation. Why dont you let the buyer and seller handle the situation themselves rather than instigate and assume. No one knows the real story or reason.

All we know is that iPhone was shipped, she received it, she says she has problems with it. Only buyer and seller knows the reason. She could be lying or she could be telling the truth. The buyer could also be lying or telling the truth.
    This is a public forum and the seller posted this information for ALL of us to converse about, If that was not the case it should have not been posted in a public place.
    09-06-09 04:26 PM
    Why didn't you call him? Bunky stated he called and sent several emails and you never responded. now all of the sudden you don't have his address anymore? Why not just call the guy and send the phone back?

Holding the iPhone hostage and saying your not sending until you have a working phone is just cop-out on your part, Based on the info you provided the phone was and still is just fine. it needs to be activated and you know that too.
    HE DID NOT CALL OR EMAIL. His addy was not on the package. The phone supposedly is jailbroken and working on a Tmo SIM card. However it will only stay on that screen and wont connect to iTunes. Apple said they will not trouble shoot the phone because of it being jailbroken and on Tmo. So Im stuck with a non-working iPhone that is worthless.

I had his address in an email from him, but it got deleted, I assumed it would be on the package so I never contacted him for it again.
    09-06-09 04:28 PM
    I'm sorry to hear all of this miscommunication between the both of you. The situation could have been easily solved and avoided if you did some research on the internet about your new iPhone, and if he didn't advertise it as unlocked already if it wasn't.

#1: Don't bring a jailbroken phone with a T-Mobile SIM to an Apple Genius. You have to be on an AT&T iPhone plan to get any sort of help. You wasted your time here.

#2: Your phone needs to be activated and unlocked using a utility freely available on the internet, not just jailbroken.

#3: I can assure you the iPhone is not "bricked." The Genius' are just trained to say things like that.

Send him the Tour as soon as possible and in the meantime I'm sure someone on here will help you get your iPhone hacktivated and on the right track. Or if you aren't comfortable with the iPhone now just send it back to him and trade with someone else who can walk you through the process.
    09-06-09 05:30 PM
    I'm sorry to hear all of this miscommunication between the both of you. The situation could have been easily solved and avoided if you did some research on the internet about your new iPhone, and if he didn't advertise it as unlocked already if it wasn't.

#1: Don't bring a jailbroken phone with a T-Mobile SIM to an Apple Genius. You have to be on an AT&T iPhone plan to get any sort of help. You wasted your time here.

#2: Your phone needs to be activated and unlocked using a utility freely available on the internet, not just jailbroken.

#3: I can assure you the iPhone is not "bricked." The Genius' are just trained to say things like that.

Send him the Tour as soon as possible and in the meantime I'm sure someone on here will help you get your iPhone hacktivated and on the right track. Or if you aren't comfortable with the iPhone now just send it back to him and trade with someone else who can walk you through the process.
    I will not send him my working Tour, until the iPhone is fixed, or I can send it back to him IF I get his addy. As I stated in posts above, I do not have it.
    09-06-09 05:36 PM
    Why would you take it to Apple? That screen is normal.
    i second the normal comment.
    09-06-09 05:49 PM
    OMG..Bucky just get your **** on here and tell the girl your damn address so she can send the phone back to you!! Wow..this is crazy!!! Entertaining but crazy
    09-06-09 06:04 PM

I agree, why not call. Bunky stated you talked via phone.

Obviously, if OP took it to Apple, its something they are not aware of. Not everyone knows how Apple product works. If they see something that they cant fix, they take it to the store to see what the problem is.
    No his addy was not on the package. I assumed when he didnt write back that he knew the phone was jacked up and assume Id send before I found out. When that didnt happen he didnt know how to reply.
    Never assume. You may be right that the item is jacked or it could be user error. Exhaust all possible options before anything.
    This is a public forum and the seller posted this information for ALL of us to converse about, If that was not the case it should have not been posted in a public place.
    Seller posted information about sale. Not the way the situation turned out. Theres no problem with conversing, but people like you jumping down and accusing Alenee before hearing her side of the story is not conversing.

I'm not taking sides or know whos right or whos wrong but let the person defend themselves before thinking the OP ripped someone off. Swap places. You wouldnt want anyone accusing you of ripping buyer before hearing your side of the story.

If there is a problem, listen to both sides and see what the real problem is.
    09-06-09 06:28 PM

So its not no easy SIM swap?

Activate the phone and see if it works. If it works, send the Tour. If it still does not work, ship back the iPhone in the same condition it was received/sent to you. There is no need to "hold" the iPhone. You didnt lose anything and you should not be holding the phone. Holding it holds you even more guilty. If it doesnt work, call the sender and find a resolution or ship back the phone.
    09-06-09 06:33 PM
    according to Bunky she received the phone on 8/27/09 How come she is just now responding? I guess anything is possible but with her having the iPhone and Bunky sitting empty handed, I don't see how she is not the at-fault party here. Bunky doesn't have her money or her phone. He is in a loose loose situation.

forgive me but it's very hard to believe that Bunky didn't put his return address on the package, Honestly who ships a big ticket item like that with no return address??
    09-06-09 06:47 PM
    according to Bunky she received the phone on 8/27/09 How come she is just now responding? I guess anything is possible but with her having the iPhone and Bunky sitting empty handed, I don't see how she is not the at-fault party here. Bunky doesn't have her money or her phone. He is in a loose loose situation.

forgive me but it's very hard to believe that Bunky didn't put his return address on the package, Honestly who ships a big ticket item like that with no return address??
    Yes, Bunky is losing the phone that is why I suggested Alenee to ship the phone either phone back. Holding it until problem is resolved does not look good.

Its not hard to believe. People do that. Just like people shipping big ticket items and not getting insurance or even tracking number. Anything is possible.
    09-06-09 07:11 PM
    Ladies and gentlemen of CrackBerry, as it was a holiday weekend, I haven't even thought to check this post. You would think the seller would have PMd me with problems. Thank each of you for taking your positions.
    I don't know why a SIMPLE PM wasn't sent.
    The phone worked on Tmo without issue. I sent this person the iPhone and an Unactivated, sealed tmo togo card for her use. She NEVER pm'd emailed or returned a single call. I have (thanks to the gmail plug in) 24 emails with addy, contact numbers, mypins etc.
    What I did receive was a message she was returning my iPod and Netbook, which she must have confused with someone else, actually she confirmed it was the wrong person she was dealing with.
    At this point, all Alenee83 needs to do is send a PM via CB and she can send the iPhone back. I have the serial # and IMEI. That's onbe of the greatest things about iTunes, they data mine.
    So, to alenee, just send the iPhone back, better, yet I have a good friend in Phoenix who can pick it up at your workplace, we can arrange the details via CB. I'd be glad to continue on this thread
    Balls in your coury court Alenee83

A big thanks to everyone on here who had my back. I know I have tried to be as fair as possible. I have been on CB for almost 2 years I have traded and sold without issue. IDK if the devices are still in use, but never had issues like this.
    Check my sig for devices sold or traded. 8310, 8320, 8900, 9000.
    jcozzitorto was my most recent, he got one of the Bolds for the iPhone, check the feedback I left him. The bold that was traded was an 8900/9000 trade with A silent song (I think that's her CB handle) again no issue. I think that was before feedback.
    Look guys, just let Alenee83 alone, I do not want to see anyone getting grief over a phone trade, reallly, we all have better things to do like DL beta/hybrid OSes and countdown to onyx and odins

Thanks again CB nation!!!! You guys rock
    Alenee83 PM me and we can put this to bed!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-09 07:46 PM

He posted to this thread very recently, I emailed him the day after I got it and hadnt heard back, then the email from him that had his info (addy, phone number and email) I accidently deleted. I was waiting to hear from him.
    09-06-09 08:12 PM
    Ladies and gentlemen of CrackBerry, as it was a holiday weekend, I haven't even thought to check this post. You would think the seller would have PMd me with problems. Thank each of you for taking your positions.
    I don't know why a SIMPLE PM wasn't sent.
    The phone worked on Tmo without issue. I sent this person the iPhone and an Unactivated, sealed tmo togo card for her use. She NEVER pm'd emailed or returned a single call. I have (thanks to the gmail plug in) 24 emails with addy, contact numbers, mypins etc.
    What I did receive was a message she was returning my iPod and Netbook, which she must have confused with someone else, actually she confirmed it was the wrong person she was dealing with.
    At this point, all Alenee83 needs to do is send a PM via CB and she can send the iPhone back. I have the serial # and IMEI. That's onbe of the greatest things about iTunes, they data mine.
    So, to alenee, just send the iPhone back, better, yet I have a good friend in Phoenix who can pick it up at your workplace, we can arrange the details via CB. I'd be glad to continue on this thread
    Balls in your coury court Alenee83

A big thanks to everyone on here who had my back. I know I have tried to be as fair as possible. I have been on CB for almost 2 years I have traded and sold without issue. IDK if the devices are still in use, but never had issues like this.
    Check my sig for devices sold or traded. 8310, 8320, 8900, 9000.
    jcozzitorto was my most recent, he got one of the Bolds for the iPhone, check the feedback I left him. The bold that was traded was an 8900/9000 trade with A silent song (I think that's her CB handle) again no issue. I think that was before feedback.
    Look guys, just let Alenee83 alone, I do not want to see anyone getting grief over a phone trade, reallly, we all have better things to do like DL beta/hybrid OSes and countdown to onyx and odins

Thanks again CB nation!!!! You guys rock
    Alenee83 PM me and we can put this to bed!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    From my experience, there should have been no sides or backs to take. Both sides wasnt heard to begin with. No one knows the true intentions of someones actions. No one should be assuming or accusing of anyone until there are concrete information or information from both sides.
    He posted to this thread very recently, I emailed him the day after I got it and hadnt heard back, then the email from him that had his info (addy, phone number and email) I accidently deleted. I was waiting to hear from him.
    Now that you posted and so did bunky, both should be able to contact each other and resolve the situation.

I dont know why someone would "accidently" delete information like that. Even if it was deleted, it should be in the trash bin and you would be able to recover it. So in the end, all of this could of simply been a miscommunication.
    09-06-09 08:47 PM
    All parties involved with the transaction, it would be best to move to PM's. Public discussion will no longer continue

If the buyer or seller needs a Moderator or Admin, please let one of us know......

I surely hope all parties can handle this respectfully

As always...

Please use caution when buying and selling on CrackBerry.com and when online, in general...

Crackberry.com takes no responsibility for any transactions conducted in the Marketplace forums. Be wary of who you enter transactions with - ask for references and be cautious.

We recommend that you use a credited company, like PayPal for sending / receiving payments. With PayPal you can have some type of security. Do not use untraceable payments such as Money Gram when purchasing items.

The same goes for shipping items. Use companies like, UPS, FedEx, or USPS. They all provide tracking information, and offer insurance. Please be careful and do your research when shipping internationally. We suggest that you obtain the respective insurance to help cover your item(s) being shipped. And, ultimately covering you, the shipper...

Know ahead of time what you are getting into . We cannot take responsibility for any bad sellers or buyers. Be safe in the buying & selling market. Check the Marketplace Feedback Forum before conducting a transaction.

No users are permitted to post slanderous "warnings" or statements about other members either. You may PM a Moderator to handle the situation, but will not be permitted to publicly flame a person who has scammed you in a transaction.
    09-06-09 09:26 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD