08-22-11 04:46 PM
59 123
tools
    Your asking price is way too much for a refurb unit. And with the 9900 in the horizon the price is dropping even more.
    07-16-11 06:49 PM
    Someone make her a reasonable offer, do I hear 275?
    szotz likes this.
    07-16-11 11:40 PM
    if its refurb, i will be willing to see what reasonable offer you will agree to take. pm me. TIA
    07-17-11 08:56 PM
    I'll consider any sort of trade offer for similar condition devices (I still consider it a 9.5 despite its refurb condition. Never really used it.) But I seriously balk at taking less than 250 for it, because I desperately need the money and am selling this because I'm having to get rid of anything I own that I can make money for. That being said, I'm not going to sell it for something that doesn't make a difference in my situation. I just can't. This is the last thing I own that can make me any possible money (besides the guitar my dad bought me for my 18th birthday) and I'm very nervous about taking less than my gut feeling says is "okay" just because the 9900 is on the horizon. It's a device that was purchased less than six months ago and barely used. Yes, it's a refurb model but it's sound and within warranty. I made sure that I returned it and had gotten a sound model before I even considered selling it. Were it a 9.5 condition 5-month-old barely used Android or iphone (refurb or not) there wouldn't be a question of asking price, and those systems tend to have new models dropping every two months. For some reason I just feel like anything less than 250 isn't worth it, and that 250 itself is somewhat painful.

I don't know, I guess beggers can't be choosers but it seems like if I'm only selling it in the first place to save my skin from being evicted I should at least make sure I make enough to cover a month of rent. :/

Also, yes, I have a job and am looking for another, my hours at work got cut and I lost all my financial aid because my "parents make too much" and I'm not yet 24, and my former roommate ripped me off for about 700 bucks so I'm doing my best to economize and pair down extraneous items in order to afford schoolbooks, rent, bills, and especially food. I've always viewed technology as an investment and it really bums me out that something I invested money and excitement in is so worthless to everyone else because I'm not selling a new unit with a bum keyboard or because it's been a whole five months and it's old news now. Makes me feel dumb for buying it in the first place now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by szotz; 07-18-11 at 12:45 AM.
    07-18-11 12:40 AM
    where can you be reached at? sorry i'm at work and really don't ofter check CB. if yo want you can reach me at my work e-mail i will pm you that info if you want.
    07-18-11 08:46 AM
    I have email, IM that I don't really use much, and not much else... hah. When I'm not at work (which I hardly ever am because they gave me four whole hours this week. Yay?) I'm out pounding pavement to find another job. >.<
    07-18-11 10:47 AM
    07-18-11 01:43 PM
    I will pay $225 let me now, I can make the payment ASAP.
    is shipping free?
    07-18-11 06:17 PM
    I really still cringe at less than 250 and I'd probably need help covering shipping costs. Maybe I can get a flat rate box from USPS and ship it that way, but I couldn't afford insurance or anything else. :/
    07-18-11 08:02 PM
    I can do 225, how much for shipping to zip 02148? also does the phone still have a warranty from RIM since its refurb?
    07-18-11 08:26 PM
    I will pay shipping.
    07-18-11 08:27 PM
    I think it's still under warranty from RIM. T-mobile had initially told me that their refurb units had the remainder of the initial warranty plus ninety days, which has it expiring in April of next year. I'm unsure of how that transmotes to RIM, though. Anyone have an idea?

07-18-11 09:52 PM
    if you are willing to sell it, I can make payment ASAP. i will pay shipping. just let me know before i start looking into ebay.
    07-18-11 10:40 PM
    if you are willing to sell it, I can make payment ASAP. i will pay shipping. just let me know before i start looking into ebay.

How about you give her the 250 she wants, BUT she covers the shipping herself? Should fit in a 4.95 USPS box if you are lucky, worst cast, you'll have to get the medium for 10.95. Tracking is around 1.00. Plus I suggest you bubble wrap it OR at least pad it with crumpled newspaper.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    07-19-11 07:16 AM
    How about you give her the 250 she wants, BUT she covers the shipping herself? Should fit in a 4.95 USPS box if you are lucky, worst cast, you'll have to get the medium for 10.95. Tracking is around 1.00. Plus I suggest you bubble wrap it OR at least pad it with crumpled newspaper.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    PK -All set, I have gone through eBay and expect a new 9780. Thanks for all the efforts, I was in desperate need of a backup 9780 from Tmo.

OP, good luck selling it.
    07-19-11 11:11 AM
    No problemo. Sorry szotz
    07-19-11 11:59 AM
    Aplb.

Current thoughts (even if they're either something I would never do or just me being cranky): 1) I -could- have lied and said it wasn't a sound refurb model and you people would have given me more money. 2) Because I didn't lie, or sell the crappy original model I got, I get offered less. Suck. 3) Try ebay?
    07-19-11 09:03 PM
    Man, you've been going through some hassles. Sorry to see it.

If you're still interested in a trade, I have a 16GB 3GS as a possibility. It's not in the same 9.5 condition as yours, but it's definitely not beat up or abused. You're welcome to shoot me an email (I can't check PMs as often as I like) if it interests you and we can see about working something out. I have excellent feedback here, and the link to that thread is below.

Norriscell at Gmail

-Josh
    07-20-11 04:25 AM
    szotz,

I can vouch for Josh, he's a top notch buyer and seller on CB. He will NOT do you wrong, I highly recommend! Plus he's a TMo expert and can probably help you get it fully set up on TMo if that's the route you go with the iphone, if you get it.
    07-20-11 08:03 AM
    I actually have a 2G fully set up for Tmo. A friend sent it to me from Canada. It's all beat up, but it works for designing apps, which is what I initially wanted an iphone for. Otherwise I'd be up for it? I've followed NorrisCell's posts for ages now. If I were to trust anyone it'd be him.

07-20-11 08:30 AM
    I really feel for ya, just trying to help you get a deal done. I'd buy the damn thing myself if I was a Tmo person, but I'm with Verizon. And besides, I'm really waiting for the 99XX (I actually MIGHT switch to Tmo when my Verizon contract is up in Nov and get a 9900, but can't even think about that till Nov, and it would be a 9900 that I would want)
    szotz likes this.
    07-20-11 10:34 AM
    I actually appreciate the help. Maybe fate is against me or I should turn into a more dishonest person or something. >.<
    07-20-11 12:14 PM
    Thanks guys. Glad I'm not the forum creep

szotz, I may have a buyer for you. Someone I know was looking for a 9780 recently. I'll see if he's still looking. Shoot me an email with your PIN if you're comfortable doing so, and I'll message you directly. I don't have my BB with me to give you the PIN right now.
    07-20-11 03:52 PM
    I'm actually not using my BB at the moment, because I'm designing iphone/Android apps for the summer. Does email work?
    07-20-11 06:33 PM
    Id get over your 250 minimum and take what you can get. I just bought my girlfriend a mint, nor refurbished model for 190 on CL. A majority of them are well below 250. Cut your losses and sell. Its not getting any better as 9900 news gets more solid.
    07-20-11 08:04 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD