thanks saigon
    12-20-09 11:44 PM
    my boy reported it "lost" so he could sell it to me
    I was on your side Compinche until I read this. I've since reported this thread.
    12-20-09 11:57 PM
    thats cool everyone is entitled to their opinion
    12-21-09 12:07 AM
    I was on your side Compinche until I read this. I've since reported this thread.
    12-21-09 10:07 PM
    lol.......
    12-21-09 11:49 PM
    Poor guy... he's just trying to sell his phone "as is" it's clear he has nothing to hide since he's been open about it having a bad ESN.
    12-21-09 11:53 PM
    He was open about the fact that its a bad esn phone, when he could have easily sold it without mentioning it. Bad esn phones are all over, especially if you purchase over kijiji, craigslist or ebay. I think the seller is an honest guy, despite the fact that the device may not work on cdma carriers. Cheers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-09 10:14 AM
    Yes, but he knowingly participated in fraudulent activity by buying the "lost" phone from his friend. This is taking advantage of the current insurance policies and procedures and taking advantage or weaknesses in said P&Ps and should really be reported as such.

I won't do that as I think he needs to live with himself with this situation.

And while he is "open" in letting us know it is a bad ESN and how he obtained the phone, by being willing to purchase this phone from him, even for parts, is saying it is ok to perpetrate fraud with a carrier.

That's my soapbox for the day...perhaps year as I never get this opinionated on this forum.

But think twice before you rationalize making a purchase like this......

Compinche, please forgive me for sounding like I am bashing you. You have made a decision that you have justified. My intent of this post is to make other people think about what they are doing before they do it. As I said, I will not report you and will not do anything beyond making this post. I'm sorry if I sound heavy handed.....as I said.....I never get this opinionated, but I guess there is a first for everything.
    Last edited by jlb21; 12-22-09 at 02:11 PM.
    12-22-09 12:40 PM
    I want to thank everyone who gave their opinion on this matter and also the ppl that made such nice offers..... The phone is no longer for sale please close thread thank you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by compinche; 12-22-09 at 02:55 PM.
    12-22-09 02:52 PM
    phone sold plz close and again thanks to all for comments and opinions
    12-23-09 08:01 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD