You paid through paypal, go for a chargeback.
    Then buy a new bezel and swap it for about $15 (with the tools cost) tops.

Generally speaking buyer has the advantage when it comes to paypal.
    Yeah, file a dispute, should get most of your money back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 08:59 PM
    if you go for a chargeback your an *******..

yeah the seller may have left out details but as a buyer your responsbile for asking for high-res pictures and/or closeups so thats your own fault.. for the people who claim he should go for the chargeback i hope the next time you sell something that the buyer does one on you too. you got a GOOD price.. $280.00 is good. put $15.00 into it and your bold will look almost new.. this should be a warning/example, MAKE SURE YOU GET CLOSE UP PICTURES!

you will deff loose the paypal claim btw and you might even loose a chargeback claim plus no one else will sell to you in fear that you will screw people over in the future
    05-04-09 05:50 PM
    You paid through paypal, go for a chargeback.
    Then buy a new bezel and swap it for about $15 (with the tools cost) tops.

Generally speaking buyer has the advantage when it comes to paypal.
    thats just foul...if you dont want the phone make arrangements to return it and get your money back... if you want to keep the phone just keep it and pay for a new bezel....dont compound a messed up situation by basically stealing from the seller....
    you sure that's the choice you want to make when the seller has your address?
    Last edited by giantfan30; 05-04-09 at 06:03 PM.
    05-04-09 06:01 PM
    thats just foul...if you dont want the phone make arrangements to return it and get your money back... if you want to keep the phone just keep it and pay for a new bezel....dont compound a messed up situation by basically stealing from the seller....
    you sure that's the choice you want to make when the seller has your address?
    If paypal agrees with a chargeback, then it's legal. If they require you return the phone, fine.

It's totally legal and they agree with you if you get the chargeback. End of story. Make arrangements to return a phone with a person who ripped you off with deceitful (completely incorrect) descriptions to begin with?

You're going to be filing a chargeback after sending them the phone back anyways... Have fun. Let me go sell something through paypal right now that has a broken screen and list it as "Brand New" condition. I wonder who Paypal would side with...

yeah the seller may have left out details
    Since when is listing a phone as brand new when it CLEARLY is nothing even close to that "leaving out details"? Oh yeah, I left out the detail that the bottom half of the phone is smashed to bits, but other than that it's new...

you will deff loose the paypal claim btw and you might even loose a chargeback claim plus no one else will sell to you in fear that you will screw people over in the future
    This is laughable. You have no idea what Paypal is going to decide and they are far more buyer centric than Seller... So all I can gather is you're hoping they don't and have no idea what you're talking about. Would you like to remind everyone what the penalty is for losing a chargeback claim also?
    Last edited by papped; 05-04-09 at 07:53 PM.
    05-04-09 07:34 PM
    ...is a ******.

The device in the pic by OP is NOT the same as the one in the pics by the buyer. It is clear enough to see that. Look at the corners on the top and the look at the buyers pics. No way is that the same device.

I have bought plenty of things online, and if this happened to me I would file with PayPal. PERIOD. Look at the e-mails as proof. The buyer claimed new, in the add and in the e-mails. It is NOT nearly new.

BAN THE SELLER.
    05-04-09 11:34 PM
    If paypal agrees with a chargeback, then it's legal. If they require you return the phone, fine.

It's totally legal and they agree with you if you get the chargeback. End of story. Make arrangements to return a phone with a person who ripped you off with deceitful (completely incorrect) descriptions to begin with?

You're going to be filing a chargeback after sending them the phone back anyways... Have fun. Let me go sell something through paypal right now that has a broken screen and list it as "Brand New" condition. I wonder who Paypal would side with...

Since when is listing a phone as brand new when it CLEARLY is nothing even close to that "leaving out details"? Oh yeah, I left out the detail that the bottom half of the phone is smashed to bits, but other than that it's new...

This is laughable. You have no idea what Paypal is going to decide and they are far more buyer centric than Seller... So all I can gather is you're hoping they don't and have no idea what you're talking about. Would you like to remind everyone what the penalty is for losing a chargeback claim also?
    i could care less if the buyer does a chargeback for whatever reason he see fit
    where i have an issue with you is you telling the buyer to steal the phone..
    you dont get it both ways....you dont get your money back and get to keep the phone
    i will say this you wouldnt be doing that to me if i sold you a phone you were not happy with.....
    you dont want the phone do a chargeback and return it...
    Last edited by giantfan30; 05-04-09 at 11:55 PM.
    05-04-09 11:52 PM

your an *****, thats basically scamming. He got the phone for a good price, no need for him to steal the phone and get his money back. only worthless bums do that, im guess that means you too.
    05-05-09 12:34 AM
    Garz -

I think people are getting upset at each other. Can you please lock this thread. thank you
    05-05-09 01:31 AM
    Garz -

I think people are getting upset at each other. Can you please lock this thread. thank you
    Thread locked!
    05-05-09 01:32 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD