08-19-18 08:37 PM
76 123 ...
tools
    Hey all!

Wanted to post a quick thread here to get some feedback. Always want to be sure we're doing things right around here, and raising the bar as we move forward.

So - what do you LOVE or HATE about the Marketplace forum? Is there anything we're doing absolutely right? or wrong? What new features or enhancements would you like to see?

Sound off - I value your feedback!!!
    03-18-16 09:31 AM
    I just started taking advantage of this great forum lately and I think it's great, I sold a few phones using this and worked very well for myself. I think actually it should be promoted more , I believe there is lots of folks that could benefit from this. Good job guys.
    so crow, bunky1971 and BergerKing like this.
    03-18-16 09:49 AM
    Of course I spend a lot of time in here as you all know..lol Not sure if it's possible, but I would like to see an auto template for the required format...That would make things quicker for me. I don't really have any complaints though.
    yohannrjm, john_v, texn884 and 4 others like this.
    03-18-16 10:27 AM
    To get people to reply to your PM's and comments!

Auto template would be the bees knees
    03-18-16 12:32 PM
    And would it kill ya to buy my Passport?

lol j/k

Jokes aside though, I can't think of anything off the top of my head.
    BergerKing and bunky1971 like this.
    03-18-16 12:49 PM
    Passport for sale?
    BergerKing likes this.
    03-18-16 12:50 PM
    When I purchased through here it was a very smooth and fast pleasant transaction.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    BergerKing and bunky1971 like this.
    03-18-16 01:32 PM
    Man, I'm not sure I can comment on the subject at hand. Haven't really been doing much on this site. The one thing I do know is the folks I've dealt with, aside from one or two, are some great people I'm honored to call phone friends. By that I mean aside from MobileNations device swaps, these are people I may text or talk to daily weekly or monthly. Some of them I've actually got to meet in person, some we've tried to get together, but just hasn't happened. ..yet.

As far as love and hate, I love the frenzy and flurry of bbm activity when a deal is posted, I dislike there is little action going on on CB, AC and WC. It's as though we're all deviced up, or our manufacturers aren't hearing what we want.

My thanks is to MobileNations mods and administration too, you've given us a great place for device swaps and sales with our tech!
    03-18-16 01:37 PM
    I know it's been said before and discussed but you really need to just go to a centralized Mobile Nations Marketplace. This one's starting to quiet down (in my opinion, maybe that's not the case in reality) because, respectfully, not too many people buying BB's. iMore is quiet because, well, everyone over there has pretty much all the devices they want (exception being when a new iOS device launches, then there's a flurry of people selling old devices). Haven't poked my head into Android Central or Windows Central lately.

Make it easier for people to purchase and sell cross platform. I know currently you can PM a mod, and they can get in touch with another mod on another site, and then you can post for sale there, etc...but I think a centralized Mobile Nations MP would rock. I'd even possibly come back as a mod just for that (cough cough PKCable cough cough)
    03-18-16 02:16 PM
    Jamie!!....oh Jamie!!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 02:29 PM
    Make a EU version :P
    BergerKing likes this.
    03-18-16 02:59 PM

Auto template would be the bees knees
    Seriously great idea. Can it be done, though?

(James...the only downside I can see is that it would make me lazy. )
    Laura Knotek and Jonneh like this.
    03-18-16 04:58 PM
    Jamie!!....oh Jamie!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Man you act like I'm on here all the time or something. Haha. I have to say I've also dealt with some great members on here.

I agree with John a centralized marketplace would be great. I think you could get trades or a sell done quicker. I know I've had a few times where I moved a device to eBay or swappa just due to the lack of interest or exposure.
    BergerKing, john_v, Jonneh and 2 others like this.
    03-18-16 05:04 PM
    Let's see, Bunky, Dl Rogers and Jamie....that pretty much sums it up.....lol

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing and dlrogers81 like this.
    03-18-16 05:15 PM
    I don't even know if you can even consider yourself as a market place user until you've traded with bunky or jamie... lol.

I think I echo many other users when I say
    .. we need a common place for all devices. I don't see why we, as blackberry users can't sell other devices or stuff in here. Eventually this marketplace will die if we only transactions that involve blackberries and it will push users elsewhere. I love blackberry, but like many others I also carry other phones so it would be nice to be able to buy, trade and sell them here too. I don't want to go anywhere else. If I want android information, I'll go to android central. If I want iphone information, I'll Google it and not go to imore, and if I want WP info, I'll go check into a mental ward for 72 hrs and get checked by a shrink. Lol. I trust you guys here and many of us have developed some solid relationships based on trust, exposure and past transactions and positive feedback. Why should we go elsewhere? Let's use common sense here and maintain our core user group for our own benefit and continue to evolve and thrive as a community. Viva la Crackberry!

03-18-16 05:36 PM
    I don't even know if you can even consider yourself as a market place user until you've traded with bunky or jamie... lol. . Viva la Crackberry!

Lol, truer words could not have been spoken.

Posted via CB10
    TLD1 and BergerKing like this.
    03-18-16 05:51 PM
    I absolutely agree that all of the mobile nation forums should share a common marketplace, maybe with sub forums for phones, wearables, tablets and Laptops. It might be organized right now with seperate forums, but there is too much crossover with devices, Priv can be sold in two forums, a pebble could be sold in all. It would nice to have more eyes on devices, instead of constantly trading devices with Jamie and Bunky, (which isn't a bad thing )

I don't even know if you can even consider yourself as a market place user until you've traded with bunky or jamie... lol.

I think I echo many other users when I say
    .. we need a common place for all devices. I don't see why we, as blackberry users can't sell other devices or stuff in here. Eventually this marketplace will die if we only transactions that involve blackberries and it will push users elsewhere. I love blackberry, but like many others I also carry other phones so it would be nice to be able to buy, trade and sell them here too. I don't want to go anywhere else. If I want android information, I'll go to android central. If I want iphone information, I'll Google it and not go to imore, and if I want WP info, I'll go check into a mental ward for 72 hrs and get checked by a shrink. Lol. I trust you guys here and many of us have developed some solid relationships based on trust, exposure and past transactions and positive feedback. Why should we go elsewhere? Let's use common sense here and maintain our core user group for our own benefit and continue to evolve and thrive as a community. Viva la Crackberry!

03-18-16 10:44 PM
    I absolutely agree that all of the mobile nation forums should share a common marketplace, maybe with sub forums for phones, wearables, tablets and Laptops. It might be organized right now with seperate forums, but there is too much crossover with devices, Priv can be sold in two forums, a pebble could be sold in all. It would nice to have more eyes on devices, instead of constantly trading devices with Jamie and Bunky, (which isn't a bad thing )
    ^^^ This. With sub folders for each brand? Especially with phones.
    I really enjoy coming to the MarketPlace, and have bought from here before. Had a great experience. The mods are doing a great job here and keep us all up to date with price changes etc.
    BergerKing likes this.
    03-19-16 09:45 AM
    I think sub categories for each brand might be too much, maybe unlocked vs carrier organization perhaps. Might just get too complicated though
    BergerKing likes this.
    03-19-16 11:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    This comment cracked me up. Except dlrogers, I've dealt with all 3 repeat offenders. And I've never owned a BB device.
    Bunky and I have lost count at this point and it is all Ajst22's fault😀
    MB64, john_v and BergerKing like this.
    03-20-16 12:24 AM
    We've tried to make this a responsive experience on CB, especially the last couple of years. Its not that we've wanted to take hits from the other sites' Marketplaces, it was that we have so many people that have come here due to familiarity.

I saw the need to make the Marketplace device agnostic, because members aren't always shopping for themselves, but as much for family members, or a friend was looking for a good deal, or to replace a damaged phone, or someone wanted to experiment on the other side of the OS line.

A lot of our members here buy, swap, and sell almost obsessively. It was my belief that we should do our best to serve our members. Being friendly, encouraging, and accommodating was the goal as much as possible, and as within the rules as we could make it. The more you encourage, the higher the volume of participation.

By the way, I made the thread a sticky for the time being.
    TLD1 and john_v like this.
    03-20-16 01:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    Aww, now don't be shy, you're not exactly a shrinking violet here!
    MB64 likes this.
    03-20-16 01:28 AM
    We should have a rating or titles for certain levels of stuff sold. Lol. And name them after prominent members.

john_v likes this.
    03-20-16 05:15 AM
    We should have a rating or titles for certain levels of stuff sold. Lol. And name them after prominent members.

But nobody would ever reach "Bunky Level"
    MB64 and BergerKing like this.
    03-20-16 06:42 AM
    But nobody would ever reach "Bunky Level"
    He can open a store lol 😁
    MB64, TLD1 and BergerKing like this.
    03-20-16 07:13 AM
76 123 ...