09-09-10 06:34 PM
33 12
tools
    I am just putting this up because my scam radar went off. Anyway I got to PM's today from a new guy that just joined maybe a few hours ago and asked me about both of my items that are CLEARLY MARKED as gone and locked as well. Also wanting to know the lowest price, and to email him because he does not check this forum very often. I am thinking really? You just joined.

Anyway the name is Chasecarter, if I am wrong apoligies, but something isn't right in my opinion. Just a little warning from someone who hates people getting scammed.
    09-04-10 08:34 AM
    I got an email from him at 10AM asking if I was interested in selling my phone for 300. He would paypal me and have it sent to his friends address.... fishy as tuna!
    09-04-10 10:21 AM
    I got an email from him at 10AM asking if I was interested in selling my phone for 300. He would paypal me and have it sent to his friends address.... fishy as tuna!

I got the same email from him this morning offering $200 for my sony psp to send to his friends house and I was only asking $120 for it to begin with.
    09-04-10 10:37 AM

I got the same email from him this morning offering $200 for my sony psp to send to his friends house and I was only asking $120 for it to begin with.
    geez, what a joke, I actually wrote him back to see what the deal was, let's see if he answers. haha
    09-04-10 10:49 AM
    i got paypal money from this guy

fake paypal, for my iphone, but still. he "sent me $300 and i was asking $200 OBO... lives in good ol nigeria too!

i emailed him back saying " good try! " and no response

his english sucks too lol

chase.carter1981@gmail.com is his email, watch out
    09-04-10 11:12 AM
    Let's all spam him!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-10 11:19 AM
    i say lets do it. he still hasnt responded to my spammer message and he replied within 4 min after he asked me if my iphone was still for sale. ...
    09-04-10 11:35 AM
    Man, Pretty good radar I have..
    09-04-10 11:54 AM
    "Hi, I'm Carter, let me confirm if this item is still available for sale i'll offer you $300 postage included to my friends address as a gift. email me with your PayPal email address to proceed with the Payment immediately. Reply asap. Thanks."
    09-04-10 12:22 PM
    I'm wasting his time as we speak. He's better spoken than most but still obvious
    09-04-10 01:33 PM
    I was reading some ebay scams the other day and it really is seller beware.. i knew the common ones but when i didnt know was if somebody pays via paypal and collect you are in breach of their t&c's and the buyer can ask for a refund as they never collected it and paypal will be more than happy to transfer the money back no questions.

I work off if i cant afford to loose it.. i dont sell it. or Cash in my Hand, item out of the other.
    09-04-10 01:48 PM
    lol, yup he tried it on me too, told him to Go F himself
    09-04-10 10:36 PM
    That sucks. I got a millions of those of Craigslist, I though CrackBerry would be better.
    09-04-10 10:43 PM
    "Hi, I'm Carter, let me confirm if this item is still available for sale i'll offer you $300 postage included to my friends address as a gift. email me with your PayPal email address to proceed with the Payment immediately. Reply asap. Thanks."
    I received the same email about my unlocked Storm that I posted. His email address is chase.Carter@gmail.com. He says it needed to be shipped to Nigeria. Obviously our boards have now been invaded by these pathetic scam artist bastards. LETS ALL KEEP THE COMMUNICATION UP ON HERE SO NO ONE FALLS INTO THEIR NONSENSE!
    09-05-10 09:54 AM
    I received an email from him yesterday in regards to my Dell Mini 9 still up on here. I'm asking $300 he offered me $500 and payment immediately.....when it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!!!! Stay away!!!

09-05-10 10:00 AM
    Just received the same message from him. And yes it's a scam!!!
    09-06-10 01:16 PM
    He has hit craigslist too because he was interested in the Curve I had. I am glad to be smart enough to not fall for this. I also had on my post that I only will sell to a local person ! he doesn't even read what you state...........He offered me 500 for my Curve

I sold it locally and got my asking price.
    09-06-10 04:28 PM
    When will they ever give up?!
    09-06-10 04:34 PM
    He offered me $450 for an Incredible I sold a month ago!

09-06-10 05:14 PM
    Yea, he offered me 380 after I told him 315.
    09-06-10 05:42 PM
    When will they ever give up?!
    Unfortunately, they won't stop until the scams stop working. I was discussing this very topic with a very wise person I admire, and he said, "If it didn't work, they wouldn't do it."

For all us who know better, it only takes one fool for these guys to get a payday.

Whenever I sell on CL, I inevitably get these bozos. As someone further up said, they don't even read the post. They just see "American Electronics for sale" and think $$$$. Sometimes if I have nothing to do I string 'em along. I had one guy going for 2 weeks that thought I was going to drop off a Blackberry curve at someone's house in Chicago. I told him I knew the person, and in each email conveniently "forgot" to give him my bank info. Finally I told him I was just messing with him, and he unleashed 3 emails full of profanity that would have made Ozzie Guillen blush. Can be fun if you have the time
    09-06-10 06:47 PM
    I've only heard of these scams on craigslist, never in my wildest dreams think they're branching out on forums such as this, guess I have to watch out...
    when I was selling my bold on craigslist I got about 50 of those "I'll give you $200. more than what you're asking" emails sucks cause I dismissed a couple of genuine buyers through all that...oh well..Kevin
    09-06-10 07:22 PM
    I like john v's idea. I am putting a phone in the marketplace soon, if I get a scammer I just might have to have some fun with it.
    09-06-10 08:07 PM
    Just got an email from that dude a few days ago and just deleted the message.
    09-06-10 08:49 PM
    Unfortunately, they won't stop until the scams stop working. I was discussing this very topic with a very wise person I admire, and he said, "If it didn't work, they wouldn't do it."

For all us who know better, it only takes one fool for these guys to get a payday.

Whenever I sell on CL, I inevitably get these bozos. As someone further up said, they don't even read the post. They just see "American Electronics for sale" and think $$$$. Sometimes if I have nothing to do I string 'em along. I had one guy going for 2 weeks that thought I was going to drop off a Blackberry curve at someone's house in Chicago. I told him I knew the person, and in each email conveniently "forgot" to give him my bank info. Finally I told him I was just messing with him, and he unleashed 3 emails full of profanity that would have made Ozzie Guillen blush. Can be fun if you have the time
    Hahaha, I have like 20 fake paypal emails
    One scammer asked me if I was trying to scam him, I literally loled
    09-07-10 06:21 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD