A big hello, and welcome, to everyone who stops in!

This is an experiment, kind of a thread to perhaps ask questions about the Marketplace, or shoot the breeze within this subforum. Traditionally, the Marketplace has just been ads, but I've noticed that additional feedback needs a place to go.

Y'all may have noticed there are a few of us that monitor the Marketplace more frequently, these days, especially with all of the activity, lately. We have regulars that often visit, and maybe this would be a good place to be able to talk about what goes on, and maybe make suggestions about this subforum.

We're here to help, and glad to make things easier, if possible!
    Last edited by BergerKing; 03-26-14 at 08:28 AM.
    03-25-14 08:15 PM
    Great idea, BK. Thanks for all the work you guys put into the Marketplace.
    03-25-14 08:24 PM
    Nice idea... I can think of a few of us who'll be spending some time here

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    BergerKing likes this.
    03-25-14 08:27 PM
    Hey BergerKing.. it'd be nice if the thread counts from a forum Classfieds (Crackberry, iMore, etc..) would be cross Mobile Nation. It make posting platform related items for sale on the specific forum a lot easier and quicker to sell perhaps

For example: trying to sell iPhone 5 Otterbox Cases on the Crackberry forum will get me stoned like an outsider and sell nothing. LOL.. selling them on iMore perhaps would get me some interest and possible sale.
    03-25-14 09:47 PM
    Hey BergerKing.. it'd be nice if the thread counts from a forum Classfieds (Crackberry, iMore, etc..) would be cross Mobile Nation. It make posting platform related items for sale on the specific forum a lot easier and quicker to sell perhaps

For example: trying to sell iPhone 5 Otterbox Cases on the Crackberry forum will get me stoned like an outsider and sell nothing. LOL.. selling them on iMore perhaps would get me some interest and possible sale.
    Well, you've been around long enough to get a Passport waiver on the other sites, perhaps PM one of the staff on that site, they should be able to help you get set up. If you need a thumbs up, one of us can vouch for you.

We do move quite a few Apple products, but if anyone hassles you, or anyone else in your ads, or anywhere on the forums, a report will get it handled quickly.
    03-25-14 10:15 PM
    Well, you've been around long enough to get a Passport waiver on the other sites, perhaps PM one of the staff on that site, they should be able to help you get set up. If you need a thumbs up, one of us can vouch for you.

We do move quite a few Apple products, but if anyone hassles you, or anyone else in your ads, or anywhere on the forums, a report will get it handled quickly.
    Thanks Buddy. I did shoot James a PM. maybe he'll forward it to the appropriate person to help me out.

I am just kidding in regarding being hassled. Members here are very respectful and cool to hang out with on the forum.

Cheers

I knew it was partly in jest, but we have had incidents. We try not to paint with a broad brush, though.
    BergerKing likes this.
    03-25-14 10:36 PM
    Oh, but we've had some of it, even though most are good to deal with. We try not to paint with a broad brush.
    03-25-14 10:53 PM

I agree, once we hit the appropriate post count to post here on the classifieds, it would be great to be able to post on the other Mobile Nations sites. I have been trying to sell an iPhone for a while and have gotten no interest at all here, but can't post on imore.
    BergerKing likes this.
    03-26-14 06:37 AM
    Big tip of the hat to you,BK, just as TreLawrence and john_v have said. You have brought some peace to the MarketPlace and I like how proactive you are. Great with edits and getting maximum device exposure. I appreciate your efforts!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using CB Forums mobile app
    03-26-14 06:47 AM
    I've been getting some good help, and some of y'all have been doing an awesome job of pointing new ads towards the Guidelines, as well. I was working deeper into the pages this morning and caught a few 'Sold, please close' requests that got away, so if anyone needs to link their thread here for actions, that's fine. As y'all know, PMs and Report buttons work, as well.

Some of our Ambassadors, particularly JayDee and hamsterwheel have been quite helpful, as well, and of course, elite 1, pkcable, and Elessar stepping in to answer the call.
    bunky1971 likes this.
    03-26-14 08:26 AM
    Hi, for some reason I'm unable to post a new "WTB" thread. Forgive me if this is explained in a sticky somewhere, but are there new member limits that prevent thread creation?

I'm really just here to buy a BlackBerry 9930. The local Verizon store only has the OS 10 models, and I sell enough on Amazon to avoid that site like the plague. They're sold new on Verizon's online store, but I'd rather negotiate with a real person and avoid extra branding if possible. The hardware is just too swank to ruin with a big Verizon logo on the bottom.

So far I'm not interested in the purely social discussions, but that might change once I actually have a BlackBerry to post about!
    03-26-14 10:35 AM
    Hi, for some reason I'm unable to post a new "WTB" thread. Forgive me if this is explained in a sticky somewhere, but are there new member limits that prevent thread creation?

I'm really just here to buy a BlackBerry 9930. The local Verizon store only has the OS 10 models, and I sell enough on Amazon to avoid that site like the plague. They're sold new on Verizon's online store, but I'd rather negotiate with a real person and avoid extra branding if possible. The hardware is just too swank to ruin with a big Verizon logo on the bottom.

So far I'm not interested in the purely social discussions, but that might change once I actually have a BlackBerry to post about!
    Yes it's the rules unfortunately ....

Marketplace Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

You must be a registered member for at least 30 days before you can sell or trade items.
    You must have a minimum of 50 posts in order to sell, trade, swap or gift an item. (The 50 posts must be LOCAL to the site you wish to post on. In other words, to post in the Android Central Marketplace, you will need 50 posts on Android Central, NOT 50 posts on the Mobile Nations network as a whole. Rapid accumulation of posts in a forum for the purpose of meeting this requirement is not acceptable.)
    Sean Fanelli likes this.
    03-26-14 10:47 AM
    Thanks for the quick post approval and reply. Yes I've already reviewed and understand the marketplace guidelines, but couldn't find any restrictions on buying items. There's no need for me to sell anything here because I only deal in analog media, collectible antiques, and similar items. On the last point, I'll gladly share my information and feedback profiles privately with those who would actually be selling the PDA to me.
    03-26-14 11:09 AM
    Thanks for the quick post approval and reply. Yes I've already reviewed and understand the marketplace guidelines, but couldn't find any restrictions on buying items. There's no need for me to sell anything here because I only deal in analog media, collectible antiques, and similar items. On the last point, I'll gladly share my information and feedback profiles privately with those who would actually be selling the PDA to me.

Unfortunately it does apply to buying also.
    BergerKing likes this.
    03-26-14 11:23 AM
    I've been working on cleaning up and bumping thread for status updates. If I don't see responses from the OP's of threads after a bump, they might get closed within a day or so if the ad is, say about 3 months old with no activity. This should help churn things some more, as activity has increased, lately. If a thread gets closed by mistake, it can be reopened and refreshed.

I do understand that members may go inactive for periods of time, this may help with the frustration levels a bit, too.
    pkcable likes this.
    03-26-14 11:24 PM
    I've been working on cleaning up and bumping thread for status updates. If I don't see responses from the OP's of threads after a bump, they might get closed within a day or so if the ad is, say about 3 months old with no activity. This should help churn things some more, as activity has increased, lately. If a thread gets closed by mistake, it can be reopened and refreshed.

I do understand that members may go inactive for periods of time, this may help with the frustration levels a bit, too.
    Great idea Berger, this should really help clean up the clutter and since you can reopen them at the OP's request, no harm done.
    BergerKing likes this.
    03-27-14 04:13 AM
    Great idea Berger, this should really help clean up the clutter and since you can reopen them at the OP's request, no harm done.
    Yes I'm on board with this also!
    BergerKing likes this.
    03-27-14 07:56 AM
    Hey management! Can we get another jug of water in the watercooler? This threads sliding down =)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    BergerKing likes this.
    03-27-14 10:45 PM
    Can we have watercooler gossip on what members you have dealt with repeatedly and have had a great experience or does the feedback forum handle that enough?
    I think a lot of us on here have a good feel for who is who and who we wouldn't hesitate to deal with.

Also - can we chat up when where and how CB10 will get PM capability?? It truly would assist in transactions if people are hesitant to give their mypin: or text number
    BergerKing likes this.
    03-28-14 06:23 AM
    Can we have watercooler gossip on what members you have dealt with repeatedly and have had a great experience or does the feedback forum handle that enough?
    I think a lot of us on here have a good feel for who is who and who we wouldn't hesitate to deal with.

Also - can we chat up when where and how CB10 will get PM capability?? It truly would assist in transactions if people are hesitant to give their mypin: or text number
    We've been clamoring about the PM issue for months now, believe me, it is just as frustrating to us, if not more so.

As for general chatter about transactions, or how they go, we may have to figure that out as we go along. In general, probably not a bad thing. But generally, we want to keep a healthy feedback forum for tracking purposes.
    bunky1971 likes this.
    03-28-14 07:20 AM
    I certainly think this thread is a good idea. Nicely done. And, to add, having a PM option via CB10 is virtually compulsory now.
    bunky1971 and BergerKing like this.
    03-28-14 07:26 AM

In no particular order, sellers I would purchase from, sight unseen (no pictures):

Bunky1971
    Detfan
    PKCable

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing and bunky1971 like this.
    03-28-14 08:06 AM
    By the way, those who happen to see messages in ads where they've sold a device, and it isn't closed already, if you would, go ahead and tap the report button, and we can get those closed down and archived to help with the clean-up. Or report your own, even, if you're done.
    03-28-14 08:55 AM
    One of my favorite little forum areas . Picked up a nice handful of devices and did some good swapping. Altogether fun experience.

Posted via CB from my LE
    BergerKing likes this.
    03-28-14 10:33 AM
    Berger, what I really appreciate from you is your little comments when deals seem especially good. I have gotten several based on your comment. Nice job.
    KermEd and BergerKing like this.
    03-28-14 11:14 AM
169 123 ...