Hey all, wanted to gauge interest here.
    CB probably isn't the best place to try, cuz we're probably mostly all tech heads who want the new stuff, but I figured it's worth a shot.
    Item Description : 8GB ipod touch 2G, jailbroke, 4.2.1
    Price : undecided
    Rate it : 9/10 near perfect condition. Scratches on the back (unavoidable with those stupid metal backs apple puts on there) but nothing else.
    What it comes with : Comes with everything that was in the box originally, and a headset so you can make calls with it.
    Item location : Utah
    Shipping Details : undecided
    Payment Options : undecided
    Contact Info : crackberry

How much do you all think I could get for it/would you be willing to pay? It looks like the 2G isn't selling very well (especially since it won't get more updates from Apple), but anything less that $150 wouldn't be worth it to me.
    Is anyone in here interested at that price? If so I'll post some pics. I'm thinking I'll be lucky to get it for that much, posted it on craigslist for that but we'll see I guess.
    Thanks everyone.

Last edited by SCrid2000; 03-26-11 at 08:38 PM.
    03-26-11 02:11 PM
    I've actually been looking to buy one instead of taking my phone to the gym but still on the fence about it. I never kept on the models so forgive me if this sounds stupid. With the iPod touch have there been 3 generations? Is that the original iPod touch?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-11 04:48 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f14/rea...4-10-a-120836/

Feel thread or not please fix up your post

Thanks
    03-26-11 04:57 PM
    I've actually been looking to buy one instead of taking my phone to the gym but still on the fence about it. I never kept on the models so forgive me if this sounds stupid. With the iPod touch have there been 3 generations? Is that the original iPod touch?

I'm pretty sure there's 4 generations, and the second/third are almost exactly the same. 4th gen has a camera and better specs, not sure what the 1st gen is like.

03-26-11 05:04 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f14/rea...4-10-a-120836/

Feel thread or not please fix up your post

Thanks
    Lol I figured it would be ok to not bother with that since I'm not actyally trying to sell here, but I'll do that when I get home.

03-26-11 05:05 PM
    FWIW the new one is selling at 230$ from apple.com... with all the better features and upgrades. 80$ difference and you get a brand new & not beat up device with warranty.

Not much of a 'deal' you're selling at, if you're trying to sell it. Just the truth of the matter. Apple fanboi's are that much harder to sell to.

**also the '2G' was selling brand new in my area last year for 150-ish [at a retailer] once the 3rd gen's rolled out.
    03-26-11 05:15 PM
    I dunno bout a year ago, but a new 2G is $200 at any retailer now.
    As far as the warranty, apple's warranty's are crap lol.

03-26-11 05:21 PM
    Just guaging interest on why people can't follow Marketplace posting guidelines.
    03-26-11 07:24 PM
    No need to be rude.
    03-26-11 08:17 PM
    Obviously for Jedi you cannot buy class! Now I realize how rude I have been for making unnecessary comments regardless of this being a public forum. Anyhow let me sleep on it and I will send a PM tomorrow if someone does not buy it first. I will check the thread tomorrow.
    03-26-11 10:55 PM
    If it's still around when my Playbook arrives, I'll trade you, my Augen, Gentouch tablet for it.
    03-27-11 12:07 AM
    Lol, how is that augen? I got a Kyros, but got bored with it and sold it on craigslist.

03-27-11 12:08 AM
    Lol, how is that augen? I got a Kyros, but got bored with it and sold it on craigslist.

Not bad, once you hack the <blank> out of it! Still would have been better saving the money and getting the next PlayBook up.
    03-27-11 12:15 AM
    Lol that's how the Kyros was. I may get the updated one when it comes out, if someone hacks honeycomb onto it.

03-27-11 12:16 AM
    While I can't say it's impossible, I think you would have trouble getting $150 for a first gen. Going off of local Craig's List and pawn shop pricing, first gens are averaging ~$100 in good condition. For $150 it wouldn't be too difficult for a potential buyer to at least find a 2nd generation, which has the external speakers for playback. You would probably have better luck trading it for something else you're looking for.

Just my thoughts
    03-27-11 02:49 AM
    ...it's a 2G. Second gen.
    IPod Touch

03-27-11 04:36 AM
    PM sent...
    03-27-11 08:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD