Woof this post has taken some heat since I was gone!!
    I will talk to the previous seller, but I do believe it is fully paid for (I've checked IMEI and it passes,) but I was just unsure if I was doing it correctly or not.
    Seller was a well-known, reputable seller in general as well (which backed up the passing IMEI.)
    Perhaps it's time for a new post, but it certainly works on AT&T and I do have some form of an unlock code, however I will investigate further with the previous seller to see whats going on there.
    Hey jon, I'm usually the problem here. LMAO, I believe the flag may be the original purchaser may still be currently paying for the device which is why you're still using on AT&T but that could end if device isn't eventually completely paid for.
    07-09-19 09:33 AM
    Hey jon, I'm usually the problem here. LMAO, I believe the flag may be the original purchaser may still be currently paying for the device which is why you're still using on AT&T but that could end if device isn't eventually completely paid for.
    Yeah just double checked IMEI against blacklist and it passed fine, so I assume it is paid for!
    07-09-19 11:39 AM
    Perhaps it's time for a new post, but it certainly works on AT&T and I do have some form of an unlock code, however I will investigate further with the previous seller to see whats going on there.
    Jon, why don't you just unlock the phone? "Some form of an unlock code" sounds like an unlock code. So why not just unlock it and sell it as unlocked?
    07-09-19 09:50 PM
    Jon, why don't you just unlock the phone? "Some form of an unlock code" sounds like an unlock code. So why not just unlock it and sell it as unlocked?
    When I insert the different sim, for some reason the prompt to enter the code doesn't pop up upon restart like it is supposed to.
    07-10-19 03:05 AM
    Don't you unlock from the "native" carrier? AT&T?
    07-10-19 04:50 AM
    Don't you unlock from the "native" carrier? AT&T?
    When I have researched it, all I see is the only way to enter the unlock code is if it is restarted with the foreign sim installed, then the unlock code entry pops up.
    Whether I need more info from the carrier or not, I am not sure.
    I do know once it has data, it is a killer phone with nothing really wrong going on!
    07-10-19 06:13 PM
    Yeah just double checked IMEI against blacklist and it passed fine, so I assume it is paid for!
    With AT&T, that means device payments are current. It doesn't mean the device is paid off. If the original buyer stops paying, that's where problems can begin.
    07-10-19 10:27 PM
    With AT&T, that means device payments are current. It doesn't mean the device is paid off. If the original buyer stops paying, that's where problems can begin.
    That could also explain if device won't unlock.
    07-10-19 10:28 PM
    That’s great to know, I will have to in fact check with AT&T!!
    07-11-19 11:44 AM
    Was a very reputable buyer, hopefully it is al set but that would explain it.
    07-11-19 11:44 AM
    A friend of mine got SMOKED by a "reputable" fellow here at CB with a phone that isn't paid for, and is now, useless.
    I shake my head at how folks can sleep at night knowing they are passing a turd down the line.
    Jon, to be clear, I am NOT suggesting that you are doing that. Not at all.
    I'm shocked that anyone does it, and I'm shocked that folks who do it don't suffer some repercussion from it.
    Please keep the masses posted! I'm glad I was slow on the draw until these things are cleared up.
    For the time and money that can be wasted, full retail looks appealing.
    07-13-19 05:00 PM
    When I have researched it, all I see is the only way to enter the unlock code is if it is restarted with the foreign sim installed, then the unlock code entry pops up.
    At&T has an online unlock portal for users to unlock their branded phones:https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/#/
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    07-13-19 07:06 PM
    Now that's an excellent resource worthy of a sticky! ������
    07-14-19 09:18 AM
    Now that's an excellent resource worthy of a sticky! 👍
    I always wanted a post of mine to be worthy of a sticky. Then I realized it would probably be about TOS violations and I'd be famous but for all the wrong reasons.......
    07-14-19 06:22 PM
    At&T has an online unlock portal for users to unlock their branded phones:https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/#/
    ...now if I could get the Original Owner to take themselves off the account!
    07-17-19 07:59 PM
    So... when did selling phones get so protracted and full of these new concerns??? Is it paid for? Is it salable? Is it still connected to someone else? Wow.
    07-18-19 08:43 PM
    So... when did selling phones get so protracted and full of these new concerns??? Is it paid for? Is it salable? Is it still connected to someone else? Wow.
    With carrier devices, until the device is paid off it can't be unlocked. Complicating matters is that most devices are carrier sold on payments and can't be paid for by new owner. If person defaults on the account itself, that can also be part of the same problem.

In North America, the carriers still control hardware.
    07-18-19 08:48 PM
    The simple solution is honesty.
    With anything else involved with a listing the wheels fall off.
    07-19-19 02:53 PM
    So I finally got to go on AT&Ts website to check the IMEI, and it was unable to find it without the original user, and I am now unable to look up the sales person from eBay, so I'm starting to smell some suspicion.
    I'll see if a regular web browser is better than mobile eBay, but it's not looking great :/.
    If I can't get an answer here soon, I assume we'll have to take the post down until we know the true status!
    07-23-19 08:22 PM
    I'll give it a few days, Jon and if I don't see activity or get a PM from you...I'll shut it down.

We're having this issue come up more and more. Thankfully, the question was brought up before the deal is done and money has changed hands. I guess unless potential buyers ask the right questions before they commit to buy...or I'm going to stir the pot by asking myself.
    07-24-19 12:09 PM
    Thanks TLD1!!!
    Typing this now on it, what a sweet device!
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    07-24-19 07:49 PM
46 12