I can't seem to get the Curve 8320 and the Mac to sync with the new upgrade. The Missing Sync icon appears on my Curve. I click on it. The blue light flickers on my BB. It asks persmission to connect with my computer. I say yes. It then says "last synchronization never." It says that it is not connected to my computer. I think I did everything correctly in the setup on the Bluetooth Assistant. What am I missing? I just paid $30. Now no go...
    02-21-09 05:53 PM
    I can't seem to get the Curve 8320 and the Mac to sync with the new upgrade. The Missing Sync icon appears on my Curve. I click on it. The blue light flickers on my BB. It asks persmission to connect with my computer. I say yes. It then says "last synchronization never." It says that it is not connected to my computer. I think I did everything correctly in the setup on the Bluetooth Assistant. What am I missing? I just paid $30. Now no go...
    2) Verify the Missing Sync for BlackBerry device application is installed and running on your BlackBerry.

Install the device application if nescessary, on your BlackBerry, open the web browser and enter this address:
    http://mirror.markspace.com/bb2.jad

Go here, for alternate instructions for installing the device applications.

3) Verify the Missing Sync for BlackBerry device application has the correct Permissions to run:

On the BlackBerry, go to Options > Security Options > Application Permissions > MissingSync > <menu> > Edit Permissions: Set everything to Allow.
    Then save those settings, and Soft reset your BlackBerry. Turn it off, pull the battery for 3 minutes, put it back and turn on.
    Then try the sync over USB again.
    02-21-09 05:59 PM
    Thanks. Hagorush for your reply. Have done all these instructions. No go from Day #1. Any other ideas?
    02-21-09 06:31 PM
    This may be a stupid question but a question nonetheless. Have you paired your mac with your blackberry? If you have done that already. Make sure that you have performed a USB sync first prior to proximity syncing. Also, use the macs bluetooth program to add your bb as I did and it worked fine for me. Hope this helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 06:39 PM
    Device Name: BlackBerry 8320

Device Address: 00-21-06-83-a3-c7
    Device Type: Phone
    Device Services: Dialup Networking, Headset, Hands-free, Advanced Audio, A/V Remote Control TG, BlackBerry Desktop Service P:0x2486E606 R:0x03 V:0x20104, Phonebook Access PSE, BlackBerry Bypass Service P:0x2486E606 R:0x03 V:0x20003, Missing Sync for BlackBerry

Paired: Yes
    Configured: Yes
    Favorite: Yes
    Connected: No
    Serial Port: Yes
    02-21-09 07:01 PM
    And this happened while attempting to pair your bb with your mac?

02-21-09 07:31 PM
    Have you first synced it with USB? It requires you to do that first before you can sync through bluetooth.

02-21-09 11:01 PM
    YEs. Paired and no connection. And, yes, Did via USB first.
    02-22-09 12:00 AM
    It says this now under the Bluetooth Assistant page of the Mac.
    02-22-09 12:02 AM
    BBMom, I see other people are trying to help you and you're still stuck. You're not alone. Many users of Missing Sync are experiencing the exact same problem. There are many threads throughout the forum in which some members state they were able to sync & then suddenly cant sync any more.

Others like yourself have never been able to get it to work....period. Apparently Mark/Space isnt too quick in the reply department so people feel like they have been clipped out of $30-40.

The other program, PocketMac- its just as bad if not worse than Missing Sync.

I know this doesnt fix your problem. I just wanted to let you know what's been going on with the new update 2.0.
    02-22-09 12:07 AM
    Hopefully, Mark/Space can get to you quickly. Sorry that I could not help.
    02-22-09 01:40 AM
    Thank you to all. I too am really saddened by the Mark Space situation. I hope they get back to me soon or refund my money. It seems that so many are having problems with the new version. Thank you again to all for your help/encouragement. Hago. Thank you especially so much...
    02-22-09 12:29 PM
    Not a problem. I am just sorry that we could not solve your problem.
    02-22-09 01:50 PM
    I wish I had some useful advice but maybe you should try uninstalling/reinstalling the app from your phone and your mac. I am one of the few who have gotten this to work so I know its possible. Good luck.

02-22-09 09:01 PM
    I'm also one of those people that could not get my storm to sync with 2.0! I went back to 1.3 (What ever the god for say ken # it is late and very tired) So I am glad that I am not the only one.
    02-22-09 09:35 PM
    I just ordered and paid for the new Missing Sync Version 2.1 update for $30 and am having nothing but problems that I never had before - duplicate contacts, deleted contacts, no more sync from Mac Leopard with calender on Blackberry, and more. Should I uninstall the new version go back to Version 1 and hope Missing Sync refunds my money? I submitted a request for help but apparently it takes days before they can reply. This is a nightmare!
    03-18-09 09:14 PM
    Mine worked for about a month - around a week of version 1, then around 3 weeks of version 2 including proximity sync. Then it started duplicating calendars and going ridiculously slow (in the realm of 5-6 hours by Bluetooth). Since then my entire phone has been ridiculously slow for everything and I can't fix it. Updated MS to 2.0.1 that came out recently and now I just get error messages when I try to sync. There's no answer to these problems that I can see beyond that MS is crap, although slightly less crap than PM (it worked once).
    03-19-09 08:07 PM
    I honestly feel so sorry for the people who have given Mark/Space their money for an app that doesn't consistently do what it was intended to do.

What's sad is that people will still continue to buy this buggy program and while you're loosing out, this comp. is getting paid!
    03-19-09 08:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD