Hello together,

I want to sync my contacts and calendar wirelessly between my iMac with iCal and Contacts app, my iPhone 4 and my BlackBerry Bold 9700.

I already tried to sync everything with Google, but the Google Sync tool for the BlackBerry does not convince me, sometimes I get duplicated contacts or events, or they are just no longer on my BlackBerry without any reason.

Is there any possibility to store everything in the cloud and sync all my different devices with this service? I'm also ready to pay for this, if the service is stable. (I'm switching from my iPhone 4 with MobileMe to the Bold 9700, MobileMe was just awesome but unfortunately it does not work on a BlackBerry)

Any suggestions are warmly welcome!
    09-08-10 12:56 PM
    Has nobody an idea how to do this?
    09-25-10 09:48 AM
    Wait for BIS 3.2 being rolled out over the next few weeks. I have it and natively sync two-ways my Google calendar and contacts with the Apple Address Book and iCal.

Unlike the Google Sync app this works.

-- Robert.
    09-25-10 05:48 PM
    Wait for BIS 3.2 being rolled out over the next few weeks. I have it and natively sync two-ways my Google calendar and contacts with the Apple Address Book and iCal.

Unlike the Google Sync app this works.

-- Robert.
    Awesome!!! Is there already a fix rollout time?! And does it also sync pictures of your contacts and multiple Google calendars?!
    09-26-10 09:00 AM
    Hi,

I don't use contact pictures so can't answer that one.

Only one Google calendar per Google account. If you want multiple calendars you'll need multiple Google accounts.

-- Robert.
    09-26-10 04:06 PM
    hey rob!

thank you again for answering my questions!

why do you already have the BIS 3.2?! Did it already roll out in your country?! Is it possible to opt-in for an additional monthly fee?!

If this syncing problem would be solved I would be really happy! :-))
    09-27-10 03:14 AM
    Hi,

Just tried synching contact pictures from GMail and didn't come through to the BlackBerry.

Yes Optus have BIS 3.2. No extra fees.

Synching still works great. No duplicates. No conflicts.

FWIW to reset your Contacts and/or Calendars synched wirelessly go the Options menu in the app and type RSET. Your BB will clear the contacts/calendar and re-synch with Google.

-- Robert.
    09-29-10 12:29 AM
    Now it looks like I could sync my contacts and calendar entries wirelessly using my Google / BIS Account too.

Right within the Browser on my iMac I have now the option to sync both. Just after that I got this message:

Attachment 73296

Translation:
    Complete the security activation on your BlackBerry device from, if you have not already done so, to start the calendar and contact synchronization:
    1. Click on the startup screen, click the Setup icon and then "Email Accounts" or "E-Mail Settings.
    2. After opening the application, the security activation starts. If the security activation is complete, automatically starts the calendar and contact synchronization.

Unfortunately if I open up my E-Mail Settings (which opens up the browser and looks pretty "old") the security activation won't start. Does anybody have an idea how I could start this security activation manually?

Would really love to be able to sync everything in the cloud with Google!
    10-03-10 11:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD