So I went and bought MS Vista to install onto my Mac using Bootcamp assistant. I followed all the steps. When I got to the step where Vista asked me where I wanted to install the OS (the correct answer is the "bootcamp partition"), I got the following message: "Windows must be installed to a partition formatted as NTFS"??!!
    I have no idea what to do now. Can some kind soul who is much more computer savvy than I tell me what to do??
    04-22-09 10:50 PM
    Yes, your partition needs to be formatted to NTFS....
    Just change the installer to NTFS...
    04-23-09 12:01 AM
    That's not an option I'm given. Thanks much for your help!!
    04-23-09 12:04 AM
    I dont know much about vista, but when I installed it on my make, the installer formatted it to NTFS. I really cant help you out more than that
    04-23-09 12:08 AM
    Boot Camp seems to be more than a little quirky. The short of it is that windows will install under Boot Camp easily, or it won't install and you will have all kinds of problems. I could never get my copy of XP to install in Boot Camp, but it installed flawlessly under Parallels and VMWare Fusion. Apple tech support couldn't ( or perhaps wouldn't) solve the problem. I use VMWare Fusion and XP to run Desktop Manager and so far haven't had any problems.
    04-23-09 01:03 AM
    There is nothing intuitive about Windows. I went to the Bootcamp installer and printed out the instructions (23 pages!). I followed these instuctions rather than the Vista instructions. What I found odd was that my sticking point was in the Windows environment. Yet I had to rely on Apple instructions to install Windows software.
    04-23-09 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD