I dont know if anyone here has, or uses wine for mac, but it basically lets you open .exe files and run windows programmes within OSX. It even creates a folder which acts as your C: so all programme files are where you would expect them to be. What I am wondering is would it be possible to update by 8900 to OS5.0 using the windows version of DM?
    01-06-10 11:54 AM
    Wine is rather tricky to get working properly under OSX as things stand, and fiddling around with getting proprietary USB devices working with it would be even more painful. Last I checked, Wine (even under Linux) didn't work properly with BBDM...

It's likely that still holds true. The latest test was just over a year ago (sorry, I can't give you a direct reference on that since I haven't posted enough to add links... -- Google "blackberry device manager wine appdb" and you can find it), but it wasn't anywhere near promising -- the software apparently installed and ran, but couldn't detect a BlackBerry at all. I'd doubt anything's significantly changed since, unfortunately.
    01-07-10 02:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD