07-21-09 06:16 PM
66 123
tools
    It does seem silly that RIM doesn't have native Mac support, but Apple might be the lynchpin on this.

They have some restrictive rules about software in a lot of cases.
    05-03-09 11:56 PM
    I kep saying this, over and over. I do not believe that it is going to happen.

The Microsoft market share is 97% of the worldwide computing market Microsoft has 97% of OS market, says OneStat.com | Web 2.0 Explorer | ZDNet.com. This speaks for itself. It is cheap and very easy to use and simply gets the job done. It is easy for help desks to suport too and when it goes wrong, it is easy to fix too. Even with Vista being a total failure, it has still outsold everything eles massively. My expectation is that when Windows 7 is release, the percentage will increase. The industry has fed off each other good ideas since Apple ripped off Xerox's graphical interface in 1978. Microsoft then ripped off Apple and XWindows for Unix/Linux copied that. Where will it end?

Microsoft Windows is nearly everybody's first choice - I know it's mine and I have used just about every OS on the market since 1965, including every release of MacOS. Why would RIM even look at enabling OS upgrades for such a tiny market share when (according to MureEtMus) MS are selling XP at $15 a copy. Macs can mostly run XP so you have a viable (if not liked) solution for $15.

As a sync solution, you may not have seen doubleTwist for Mac + BlackBerry Users Makes Media Easy | CrackBerry.com which is reprted to sync Macs with multiple devices. Of course it won't update your OS but there now seem to be 3 products on the market that will sync your Macs. On my PC, I only have one.

Enjoy your crow.
    07-20-09 01:06 PM
    DM WILL BE OUT FOR MACS IN SEPTEMBER!!! yay
    07-20-09 01:37 PM
    LOL! Here's one straight from RIM: BlackBerry Desktop Software is coming to Mac in September!
    DM WILL BE OUT FOR MACS IN SEPTEMBER!!! yay
    This is the best news I read all day- so far anyway!!
    07-20-09 01:47 PM
    First it was waiting for my Tour, now it's waiting for Mac Blackberry Desktop software............sigh lol. At least there is light at the end of the tunnel.
    07-20-09 02:15 PM
    I think many of us have been waiting for what seems like ages for this to finally happen.
    07-20-09 02:17 PM
    Seriously I've only had my mac for about 4 or 5 months and it feels like i have been waiting years!
    07-20-09 02:21 PM
    I kep saying this, over and over. I do not believe that it is going to happen.

The Microsoft market share is 97% of the worldwide computing market Microsoft has 97% of OS market, says OneStat.com | Web 2.0 Explorer | ZDNet.com. This speaks for itself.

Microsoft Windows is nearly everybody's first choice - I know it's mine
    07-20-09 02:33 PM
    Yay to RIM bringing DM to Macs soon! I'm so over going by way of a PC to update my phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 04:37 PM
    this news made my day!
    07-20-09 04:42 PM
    Well considering I just got my Bold, I certainly picked the right time to jump into the BB world with a Mac.
    07-20-09 05:39 PM
    what a great news!!!!!!
    07-20-09 09:41 PM
    My first reaction to this news: It's about damn time, RIM.

My second reaction: Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!
    07-20-09 10:48 PM
    'bout time is right! w00t!
    07-21-09 06:32 AM
    Great news for sure, only own a mac since march so all the about time comments for the crack's out here..
    07-21-09 04:14 PM
    My first reaction to this news: It's about damn time, RIM.

My second reaction: Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dittos.
    07-21-09 06:16 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD