05-05-09 10:52 AM
49 12
tools
    I use a mac but I bootcamp

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-09 05:41 PM
    I have a 2008 mac pro running OS 10.5.6. I've been having problems connecting with Bluetooth, it connects when I set up the connection then disconnects after a few seconds. Is this suppose to happen? Is there a way to have it be continuously connected?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-09 07:30 PM
    Mac Pro and a Mac Book Pro. Using Bootcamp to run Desktop Manager. I have also heard the rumors that a fully realized version of Desktop Manager for the Mac is in the works. From a competitive standpoint, RIM has to do this to keep the Storm on the same "perceived" level as the iPhone.

Missing Sync works very well.

Of course, there are always ways to get things done. I sync my contacts with Address Book using PocketMac. It's simple, quick and it works. I use Desktop Manager in Bootcamp to do OS updates/upgrades and to sync music. I transfer pics and other data by enabling mass storage support on the Storm, then connecting it via USB cable to my Mac and dropping things directly to the card. This also works to delete files from the card, set up new folders, etc.
    03-10-09 07:41 PM
    i would like to see a desktop manager for my mac book pro as well.. for now i use my brothers pc which is ok. but soon i am not going to be able to do that because he is moving out. so yeah.. would love to see a MAC based desktop manager. other wise it work ok with my mac..the calendar syncs well and and mail too.
    03-15-09 01:00 PM
    also i plan on getting parallels so i can use windows on my MAC..which is fine.
    03-15-09 01:01 PM
    I have been trying to get my storm to work with my mac and pocketmac but its not working as planned... i will start up pocketmac and plug in my berry to add themes ect. but its a no go... it doesnt recognize my berry... i have tried everything including uninstalling and reinstalling... i cant find a solution to this issue
    03-16-09 11:22 AM
    I use pocketmac with my storm and my mac and it never syncs the first time. I have to reinstall drivers every single time
    03-16-09 11:32 AM
    use bootcamp with windows vista on my black macbook w/ leopard for upgrades and other apps that aren't ota. found double twist does a fairly good job of transferring itunes music to the storm from mac os, but videos take forever. don't sync anything else w/ my phone, so yeah. . . not sure about the rest.
    03-16-09 11:34 AM
    I spoke too soon, only seems to have worked ONCE.. with a tv show. Other than that, I can't get a full movie to work.. once handbrake does its thing, it wont play properly in iTunes.. its all jerky and jumpy...
    I've used Mac The Ripper and Handbrake together to successfully transfer a DVD to my Storm. It works very well, as long as MTR does its job taking the copyright encryption off.

Check out the following thread. It was very helpful for me ...

how to: dvd to storm for mac users
    Last edited by BatBerry; 03-22-09 at 11:59 AM.
    03-22-09 11:48 AM
    I'm having trouble with itunes. PocktMac doesn't recognize the media card. Anyone have any suggestions?
    03-23-09 09:16 PM
    if i use bootcamp to run desktop manager to sync my mac with my bb storm can i still sync my ical calendar or is pocketmac/missing sync the only way to sync ical?
    03-23-09 10:15 PM
    I am wondering if anyone would like to share their thoughts on how the Storm, other or Blackberry device works in their Mac environment.

Ok, not the most interesting thread topic , but I thought it would be interesting, since I'm a Mac lover, to know how many are out there and what their thoughts are.

Hey Stormers, if there are any of you out there that are also Mac users, please, PLEASE keep in contact with this Stormer (been using Macs since the 1st one....). I would appreciate it as I know that I am not alone and will enjoy the contact and tips and tricks you all might have tried and learned. Thank you ahead of time.......

Hawk
    04-13-09 11:17 PM
    Personally I hate my macbook. I had it for less than a year and the hard drive fried twice on me. Apple's excuse, the hard drive isn't really made for a laptop. What the !@#$ is that?

I know off topic, just venting.
    04-13-09 11:29 PM
    Personally I hate my macbook. I had it for less than a year and the hard drive fried twice on me. Apple's excuse, the hard drive isn't really made for a laptop. What the !@#$ is that?

I know off topic, just venting.
    You should be getting a new laptop....
    04-13-09 11:32 PM
    Hey Stormers, if there are any of you out there that are also Mac users, please, PLEASE keep in contact with this Stormer (been using Macs since the 1st one....). I would appreciate it as I know that I am not alone and will enjoy the contact and tips and tricks you all might have tried and learned. Thank you ahead of time.......

Hawk
    I have had a Macbook since I got my first Blackberry (8330) and I've recently was able to get my hands on VM Fusion and Windows Vista. My Bootcamp assistant was not allowing me to split my hard drive so I just used VM Fusion and it was able to work with my Mac HD. I only use VM and Vista for Blackberry use such as Updating OS's, Backing up and such. My files are shared between Win and Mac and I love that because I have all my files organized on one hard drive. (My most important files are on an external hard drive). I found out a very nice feature called Unity with the latest version of VM Fusion and it puts the Windows task bar/start menu on the same screen as my Mac dock which I moved to my left side of the screen and when I have another screen attached I have Vista on one and my Mac is normal. I love it all on one machine. Unity, credit to Cnet.com.
    04-13-09 11:38 PM
    PocketMac doesn't work for me. I use The Missing Sync, which works ok for media transfers and calendar info back and forth, but I've installed VMWare on my mac, and will be loading xp on it within the week, so I can use the DM software to update my OS.
    04-13-09 11:42 PM
    I have been trying to get my storm to work with my mac and pocketmac but its not working as planned... i will start up pocketmac and plug in my berry to add themes ect. but its a no go... it doesnt recognize my berry... i have tried everything including uninstalling and reinstalling... i cant find a solution to this issue
    If you want to stay on the mac os and move media, Missing Sync for BB is a good alternative. It costs a little bit, but well worth the utility it provides. You get to set sync preferences for music, photos, calendar info, etc. Pretty user friendly.

It also syncs your contacts with your address book, but doesn't have any utility for themes. I get those OTA. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Saiyajin; 04-13-09 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Adding Info
    04-13-09 11:46 PM
    I am a new BB user and have a PC laptop but really wanted to sync BB Storm to my MAC. Installed the pocketmac software first and all **** broke loose! Deleted pocketmac and installed Missiing Sync. I started to get all of these emails from "network@ept1008.etp.na.blackberry" with subject named "RIM_bca28a80-e9..." etc. Don't know where these are coming from but notice whenever I make changes to my calendar (like deleting the triplicate entries after a sync), these messages pile up by the hundreds!

I read somewhere here that someone uses Google to synch calendars and would like to learn more about that but I miss syncing to iTunes and iPhoto. BTW, Missing Sync tech support is not very supportive!
    05-01-09 08:50 PM
    I am a new BB user and have a PC laptop but really wanted to sync BB Storm to my MAC. Installed the pocketmac software first and all **** broke loose! Deleted pocketmac and installed Missiing Sync. I started to get all of these emails from "network@ept1008.etp.na.blackberry" with subject named "RIM_bca28a80-e9..." etc. Don't know where these are coming from but notice whenever I make changes to my calendar (like deleting the triplicate entries after a sync), these messages pile up by the hundreds!

I read somewhere here that someone uses Google to synch calendars and would like to learn more about that but I miss syncing to iTunes and iPhoto. BTW, Missing Sync tech support is not very supportive!
    Oh my GOODNESS! I have Missing Sync on my MacBook and it's syncing fine. It took a little fiddle-farting around to get the error messages to stop, but it syncs to my Entourage account no prob. For my music, I open iTunes and photos, I plug my BB in, open up the BlackBerry icon on my desktop and drag and drop off my hard drive to the phone. I drag and drop the pictures I took using my phone to my photo program. I uncheck the photo and music option from Missing Sync and just do it manually. The calendar and contact sync is flawless (so far, after 4 months). I hope you get it figured out...getting all those messages sounds highly frustrating.
    05-01-09 09:11 PM
    Missing Sync isn't an option for me. Too many duplicates, and DELETED Address Book entries. Terribly frustrating!

PocketMac was worse.

I just enable Mass Media, drag/drop. For movies, I drag/drop .avi files right onto the SD card and they play fine. I use VisualHub for conversion.

As for backing up and OS installs, VMware Fusion and WinXPpro for me. Do I hate having to use Windows? Yes, but it's the ONLY solution for proper backups. DM for Windows blows PM and MS away.

I don't use Entourage, so that's not an option either. I just want to sync with Mail.app, iCal, and AddressBook! Plus of course, upgrade the OS and do proper backups! Is that too much to ask?

C'mon, RIM, show the Mac-side some love, please?
    05-01-09 09:27 PM
    pocket MAC like ****!!! just hope for RIM take a good care for MAC communities users , I love BB but they seem not considering much for us ....
    05-01-09 10:59 PM
    Dear Saiyajin, HMBgal & skwij,

Thank you for your posts! At least I know I'm not the only out there struggling with the unhappy marriage between my Mac & BB Storm. I want to also add my voice to anyone out there in RIM & Missing Sync worlds to acknowledge that here is a sizeable group of MAC users who desire independence from the ubiqitous PC!!!!
    05-02-09 10:43 AM
    Dear Saiyajin, HMBgal & skwij,

Thank you for your posts! At least I know I'm not the only out there struggling with the unhappy marriage between my Mac & BB Storm. I want to also add my voice to anyone out there in RIM & Missing Sync worlds to acknowledge that here is a sizeable group of MAC users who desire independence from the ubiqitous PC!!!!
    what problems do you have with your mac/storm other than upgraded to leaked OS!?

i use pocketmac and can do anything and everything i need with it
    05-05-09 10:30 AM
    Missing Sync isn't an option for me. Too many duplicates, and DELETED Address Book entries. Terribly frustrating!

PocketMac was worse.

I don't use Entourage, so that's not an option either. I just want to sync with Mail.app, iCal, and AddressBook! Plus of course, upgrade the OS and do proper backups! Is that too much to ask?

C'mon, RIM, show the Mac-side some love, please?
    I totally agree. I've been through Pocket Mac and Missing Sync, neither of which work properly to sync contacts and calendar. Missing Sync tech support has been "working" on my problem for 3 weeks now, but I'm about to ask for a refund.

Right now I'm working with Google Sync, but it has its limitations (i.e. not syncing contacts to the phone beyond a certain time frame).

:::::::fingers crossed for a Mac DM solution::::::
    05-05-09 10:52 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD