As a BIS user, I would love to have MobileMe work on the my Curve. I currently have a Mac account which I am thinking about retiring when it expires at the end of July. However, if I could get MobileMe working on my Curve I might reconsider.

For those of you that say "why not get an iPhone?".... Already been there, its not that I have a problem with the iPhone per se, its AT&T's lack of coverage at my house that was the problem. I dropped so many calls with both the Iphone and a V3XX I had to ETF and go back to Verizon which has stellar reception.

Back to MobileMe.... some will say that .Mac/MobileMe is too expensive. Well, if you pay full retail for a Dot Mac/MobileMe you are missing some discounts. I have never paid full retail for a Dot Mac account. Amazon is currently offering Dot Mac for $70. All Dot Mac accounts will be switched to MobileMe in July.

$5.83 a month for "Exchange-like" push for Contacts, Calendar etc etc would be very nice in my book ... plus 20 GB storage, iDisk etc etc makes a pretty good value.
    06-12-08 11:22 AM
    I would definitely use mobile me if I can get it on the berry. I would definitely get an iPhone for this feature if iPhones weren't touch screens.
    06-12-08 11:39 AM
    It's an insane value if you look at everything you get.
    06-12-08 11:47 AM
    I will get it too.
    06-12-08 12:15 PM
    I doubt Rim would allow this. I run all of my stuff through google right now, and while it would be good to have push calendar and contacts, I really like the way google works. the benefit of managing documents is priceless. A lot of times, I am traveling with out my computer, because I have access to one where I am going. Having documents online is so helpful. All of their features are wonderful including picasa, maps, docs, gmail, and calender.

As far as mobile me, I wonder if it will allow name hosting, because having an email @ my business name dot com is a great marketing too that I can tie back into my website. That is worth it to me more than push contacts.
    06-12-08 04:01 PM
    If you read the info regarding MobileMe on Apple's site, then you will see that it looks like it will be an iPhone exclusive.
    06-13-08 01:15 AM
    mobile me would be awesome to have, but im looking forward to the bold having the itunes ready function
    06-13-08 10:31 AM
    Im pretty impressed with what I get for free on the blackberry with gmail/gcal. With google sync my calendar is sync'd over the air like mobileme. And then of course I have ok access to gmail. the BB gmail app is pretty good.

But I am still planning on getting both an iPhone 3G and MobileMe when the come out next month. But there are definatly some things I will miss from the BB.
    06-13-08 10:54 AM
    If you read the info regarding MobileMe on Apple's site, then you will see that it looks like it will be an iPhone exclusive.
    It is obviously going to be an iPhone exclusive...

Apple would not make their own system like this and open it to non-iPhone users that have other smart phones.

The point of this thread is purely a "what-if" or a "wishful thinking"

I personally think that the MobileMe feature is totally amazing. The package as a whole is a great value and people that think other-wise obviously do not understand what is included in the package. I was a .Mac subscriber before the whole MobileMe transition... so it is basically like adding extra features to my subscription!!

There really is not fight between MobileMe and BIS because they are totally different... yeah they are both "push" clients and whatnot, but the feature set of MobileMe cannot be compare with BIS simply because it includes so many other things.

Ignorant people who compare the rate of MobileMe and the iPhone data plan to other smart phone data plans do not understand everything you get. The main thing that p*sses me off is when people try to justify other smart phone by saying the "iPhone is not really $199 if you look at the raise in price on the data plan".

Either way, the iPhone is an iPhone and a Blackberry is always gonna be a Berry. They are both smart phones but I hate all the comparisons. Take both of them for what they are worth!! The best thing is that they provide competition for each other, which will help greatly in technology advancements!!
    06-13-08 12:24 PM

Apple would not make their own system like this and open it to non-iPhone users that have other smart phones.

I personally think that the MobileMe feature is totally amazing. The package as a whole is a great value and people that think other-wise obviously do not understand what is included in the package. I was a .Mac subscriber before the whole MobileMe transition... so it is basically like adding extra features to my subscription!!

There really is not fight between MobileMe and BIS because they are totally different... yeah they are both "push" clients and whatnot, but the feature set of MobileMe cannot be compare with BIS simply because it includes so many other things.

Ignorant people who compare the rate of MobileMe and the iPhone data plan to other smart phone data plans do not understand everything you get. The main thing that p*sses me off is when people try to justify other smart phone by saying the "iPhone is not really $199 if you look at the raise in price on the data plan".

Either way, the iPhone is an iPhone and a Blackberry is always gonna be a Berry. They are both smart phones but I hate all the comparisons. Take both of them for what they are worth!! The best thing is that they provide competition for each other, which will help greatly in technology advancements!!
    I like you.
    06-13-08 12:34 PM
    I like you.
    hahaha... I really like your view points and insight on topics as well.

I have followed things you have said in different threads throughout the forum and we have extremely similar viewpoints!

Rock on
    06-13-08 12:37 PM
    I like you.
    I like him too...

I guess we finally have another person that sees the benefit of mobileme...

Also, the idea of mobileme for other phones may not be far off depending on how greedy apple is. If you pay for it over BB data plan, wouldn't BB lose out on $30-$45 per subscriber?

I actually signed up for a .mac account last night to take advantage of having both a .mac & .me address.
    06-14-08 08:00 PM
    I really like the mobileme service, mostly for the photo syncing. we have flickr and facebook, but the mobileme service seems to work better. I wish they could offer it on my curve. maybe someone will develop an application, if they can make it work with windows, then bb cannot impossible.
    06-14-08 08:04 PM

A couple of the posts had more of a "I will use it when it comes out" vibe. I was just making sure some of them knew that...
    06-16-08 06:01 PM
    A couple of the posts had more of a "I will use it when it comes out" vibe. I was just making sure some of them knew that...
    Yes, understandable! It seems some people did have some confusion about the issue... so I guess this thread could pose as a topic to clear things up??

Seems like mostly everyone here knows what is going on though...

IF MobileMe was able to be used on my Curve... I might sh*t my pants and run around like a little school girl when the ice cream truck is coming

But, that is a long-shot off from reality... although it is very true that MobileMe being opened for all smart phones really WOULD provide some nice competition and be a catalyst for advancing technology
    06-17-08 10:07 AM
    MobileMe is a GREAT service IMHO, but I doubt I'll give up my Berry just to use it. I already have DotMac service so I'll be upgraded when they roll it out. I like that you can email attachments from your iDisk though. That's an awesome feature.

But I'm a bot confused now...we can still get @mac.com email on the BB through IMAP, right?
    06-28-08 11:24 AM
    My problem with .Mac, and I assume will be a problem with MobileMe. Is that I can't have a different reply-to address. I have a nice vanity email address that I have been using for 8-9 years that I am never giving up. I don't want to use a @mac.com or god forbid a @me.com address.

And don't say I can setup .Mac as an IMAP account and then use a different server to send the email. Once you do this it is no longer considered a .Mac account and you can use the features that are associated with it like the web gallery in the current iphone version. Again I am not sure if this will be the case with MobileMe, but I am pretty sure it will be. Which is why I am sad to say come august I won't be renewing my .Mac account.
    07-02-08 03:17 PM
    Yeah .. I spent AGES trying to find out just what is described above.

MobileMe got off to a rocky start and has had continued patchy performance. Iphone users are so in love with their gadgets - they keep kinda quiet about it.

I see MobileMe as a 'work in progress' ..
    08-18-08 05:21 PM
    Here is some food for thought. While .Me might not be available for BB users, the applications will be Exchange friendly. Now all we need is for some company to exploit this, and we will have hosted exchange using Apple apps.
    08-18-08 05:52 PM
    08-18-08 06:11 PM
    Looks like it will if you want to use Entourage. Personally I hate Entourage, used it for a while then switched to the Apple apps. What I was looking for is a hosted BES that will use the Exchange that is now built into the Apple apps.
    08-18-08 10:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD