View Poll Results: Will you be buying an iPad?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I will be buying an iPad

12 21.82%
  • No, I won't be buying an iPad

43 78.18%
03-29-10 08:05 AM
42 12
tools
    I'm going to get one only because I think it is AWESOME! Call me an Apple fanboy but hey it's sweet. Yes, it's just a big iPod Touch but I think it would be fun to have and play aroud with Plus the 3G adds to it!

I wouldn't pay $500 for it so I'm getting it for free just like I have done in the past with my free nano and as of Thursday, my free ZuneHD
    02-27-10 12:15 PM
    I'm going to get one only because I think it is AWESOME! Call me an Apple fanboy but hey it's sweet. Yes, it's just a big iPod Touch but I think it would be fun to have and play aroud with Plus the 3G adds to it!

I wouldn't pay $500 for it so I'm getting it for free just like I have done in the past with my free nano and as of Thursday, my free ZuneHD
    and how are you getting it free?
    03-01-10 09:53 AM
    I see no use for me, I have a notebook computer and I never did like proprietary expensive apple stuff all though they make some good products they just aren't for me.
    03-01-10 10:53 AM
    I'm getting one. At the end of the day, I usually relax upstairs reading and browsing the web on my iPhone. This would be what I would use it for. Of course it doesn't hurt to have the apps but it would mainly just be for reading and web browsing. Sometimes I don't feel like looking at certain sites on the iPhone and I definitely need a bigger screen for reading. So this will be good for me.

Also I was in a church board meeting last week and on some of things we were talking about, it would have been nice to pull them up on a screen the size of the iPad. Obviously, it is something that is definitely needed, but just good to have. And money isn't an issue for me so I'll check it out and it will go with me when I got to all my meetings (3-4 a week) and at the end of the day when reading, browsing, updating my calendar etc.

I won't get it as soon as it comes out, but I will check it out and see how it fits in my lifestyle. I'll pop for the 3G version since I will take it places with me.
    03-01-10 12:29 PM
    I think it's only a big iPod Touch...
    03-01-10 12:38 PM
    I will add my big NO to this as well. I love Apple but there is no way I would buy this. Too much money not enough features and AT&T on top o it!! Strike 1,2,3.
    I wanted an Apple tablet in the worst way. But what I wanted was a tablet with a Mac OS (not a large iPod touch) and a quality network connection, not AT&T or wifi. I wont even start on no sd slot, no multitasking, no flash and on and on.
    I will wait for Gen 3 or even 4. Or "shock" maybe go with something other than an Apple
    03-01-10 09:07 PM
    Not any time soon, just recently bought a macbook..
    03-01-10 09:11 PM
    and how are you getting it free?
    I am a freebie trader. Sounds like an odd title but I trade referrals. have you ever seen one of those advertisements saying click here to claim your free ipod? Check out this link: YouriPad4free.com - Get a Free iPad

I've already got one referral so just 10 more to go lol! Before you say scam, it's not. I've cashed out $850 from this particular freebie network called Transcendant Innovations AND I have the PaPal transactions to prove it.

So anyways back to iPad. I wouldn't buy one but for free most definitely. It will be a fun toy, a big iPod touch but nothing I would pay $500 for.

Where's flash? Really makes me mad that Apple doesn't add this to their mobile devices! But if you are into the eReaders you should definitely consider this. The Nook ,Barnes & Nobles new eReader cost $250 and only lets you read books. The iPad has the iBook store, you can download books right to the device. Plus it has movies, games, internet, and e-mail. So for an extra $250, it's not to bad when compared in the eReader category.

And as much as Jobs hates netbooks, I think this is the category they were trying to put the iPad in. With the introduction of the iBook store it is the ultimate eReader. So I don't think it should be compared to netbooks because that is not the intended category.

I really wanted it to run OS X though and was kind of let down because it is just a big iPod touch with the added functionality of an eReader. I do think that Apple will come out with an OS X tablet though. Maybe iPad 2g? Maybe a whole new device? Maybe a whole new OS?
    03-02-10 07:23 PM
    Not any time soon, just recently bought a macbook..
    excellent choice. love mine. it is 10 billion times better then that itampon.
    03-02-10 10:46 PM
    wow...im surprised at the numbers. im getting it to...well just bc its pretty damn cool.

i need some new technology to feed my jones...and the iPad is my dope...for now...until the high fades away and the next trends comes round
    03-09-10 06:27 PM
    I can see no benefit to owning a big iTouch. A netbook would be much more useful.
    Yup I agree
    03-09-10 06:33 PM
    For my business and personal needs, I see no benefit from owning an iPad, as I would need full connectivity from outside media sources like cameras, external hard drives, etc. Instead, I am saving up for a laptop to complete my home network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-10 09:10 AM
    I said no such thing. I said if someone gave me anything from Apple, I would donate it to charity. I mean it. I have no use for iAnything.
    Then why post on an Apple thread? Not flaming, just curious why you'd be here...
    03-14-10 11:26 PM
    I'll buy one for a very specific reason- my non-techie wife. She uses her MacBook to read email, surf and occasionally create a document...that's it. She's been looking at a Kindle and instead of paying ~$450 for the Kindle DX we'll give her MacBook to our daughter and my wife will get the iPad.

If she was using it for anything other than email, surfing and eReader then I'd get her another MacBook. All the local coffee shops and the house have WiFi so no need for anything more than the base model.
    03-14-10 11:34 PM
    sounds exactly like what she needs
    but most people arent like that
    03-16-10 12:46 PM
    But "it sucks" is a perfectly good reason, haha. I love my Mac but I won't be getting an iPad. It just can't do so much and I doubt I'd use it very much - maybe if I commuted much longer to work.
    03-29-10 06:43 AM
    I like apple products, been a mac users for years...Bought myself the 13" macbook pro last year and love it.

However the iPad, I'm not too sure about that... As much as i like to surf the net on the go, at the moment I cant see any real need for it, as everyhting it can do I can do with my uMBP and Blackberry, minus the apps from the app store...

Plus, without the use of flash, I can't see how surfing the internet would be fun... since I like to stream a lot of flash video content. I think it will be ages until we see webpages converting to HTML5.

..TBH I'm more excited about the next gen iPhone.

I dont think the iPad is totally useless, so with that said, if at some point I'm able to pick up one dirt cheap...then who knows...
    Last edited by The Gift; 03-29-10 at 08:59 AM.
    03-29-10 08:05 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD