View Poll Results: Will you be buying an iPad?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I will be buying an iPad

12 21.82%
  • No, I won't be buying an iPad

43 78.18%
03-29-10 09:05 AM
42 12
tools
    Im not asking for hate or love wither way, i just want to know generally what people think of it. after what you select, tell me why. and real answers, not "it sucks."
    02-23-10 03:35 PM
    I can see no benefit to owning a big iTouch. A netbook would be much more useful.
    02-23-10 03:38 PM
    It sucks.

Ok in all seriousness what does it really offer? I have a BB for email a few other Nokias and I have a house full of laptops, towers, and servers. Do I really need a device that can't multitask to browse the web? Plus it comes from Apple, I wouldn't use their stuff if you gave it to me. I would donate it to charity
    02-23-10 03:39 PM
    No interest I want an Iphone but just to play w/the apps, but I have the Itouch, so I guess that's pointless too.
    02-23-10 03:41 PM
    It sucks.

Ok in all seriousness what does it really offer? I have a BB for email a few other Nokias and I have a house full of laptops, towers, and servers. Do I really need a device that can't multitask to browse the web? Plus it comes from Apple, I wouldn't use their stuff if you gave it to me. I would donate it to charity
    so in saying that you are going to donate 600 dollars to charity? im holding you to that
    02-23-10 03:47 PM
    No interest I want an Iphone but just to play w/the apps, but I have the Itouch, so I guess that's pointless too.
    yea an itouch is literally an iphone without call or text
    02-23-10 03:48 PM
    so in saying that you are going to donate 600 dollars to charity? im holding you to that
    I said no such thing. I said if someone gave me anything from Apple, I would donate it to charity. I mean it. I have no use for iAnything.
    02-23-10 03:55 PM
    Plus it comes from Apple, I wouldn't use their stuff if you gave it to me. I would donate it to charity
    Since your making sure he donates to charity, I guess your the lucky person to give him an iPad.
    02-23-10 03:58 PM
    Exactly LOL. What a guy!
    02-23-10 04:00 PM
    Ha I think it has potential - just needs to have more storage space, an sd-card reader, and the ability to run multiple apps at one time! I've heard suggestions about making a 'mini osx' - and that I LIKE. I'm hoping that things change for 'iPad gen 2/3' (if they come to be).

So no, I won't be buying it.
    02-24-10 02:23 PM
    We are a very Mac family, but the IPad is of no interest. With a BlackBerry and a laptop there are no real occasions when IPad functions are beneficial. Apple will need to do a lot better to attract me and my family to the I-devices.
    02-24-10 03:59 PM
    Ha I think it has potential - just needs to have more storage space, an sd-card reader, and the ability to run multiple apps at one time! I've heard suggestions about making a 'mini osx' - and that I LIKE. I'm hoping that things change for 'iPad gen 2/3' (if they come to be).

So no, I won't be buying it.
    a mini osx? you mean just a different os for the ipad or an apple netbook? (both ideas are attractive to me)
    02-25-10 01:05 PM
    No chance I'll be getting one.
    02-25-10 01:15 PM
    a mini osx? you mean just a different os for the ipad or an apple netbook? (both ideas are attractive to me)
    I've seen it suggested in a few other forums that I'm also on. I thought it was a good idea. Basically an Apple Netbook. I mean it would have all of the programs optimized for a lighter processor and the screen, but other than the differences from that it would be very similar to traditional Mac OSX.
    02-25-10 07:57 PM
    As much as I love MAC the ipad is just a big massive version of the itouch which I already have so nope wont be buying it. But if I was to get it as a gift from someone I wont be saying no
    02-25-10 08:14 PM
    I wouldnt buy one...

Take your ITouch/Iphone move it closer to your face, voila... ipad..
    02-25-10 08:27 PM
    I think I will get one. I don't own an ipod touch and my wife will never let me get near MY iMac. I think it would be nice to surf the net and do other minor stuff on a screen a little bigger than my Storm. When we travel I could take it to pass the time when I am board by watching movies etc. I definitely don't need it but it will be a fun toy.
    02-25-10 08:52 PM
    I'll be waiting on that one. I just bought a mac book recently and Im happy with it.
    02-25-10 08:55 PM
    AN OVER SIZED iTOuch that doesn't support java and has no camera .. forget it ... maybe when the version 2 comes out ...
    02-26-10 09:04 AM
    I think I will get one. I don't own an ipod touch and my wife will never let me get near MY iMac. I think it would be nice to surf the net and do other minor stuff on a screen a little bigger than my Storm. When we travel I could take it to pass the time when I am board by watching movies etc. I definitely don't need it but it will be a fun toy.
    dude dont let me run your life or anything...but dude your wife sounds kinda controlling there

and as for the movies thing, dont believe me 100% but i heard that it has a short movie battery life. and also i know for an almost fact that HD movies arent playable...or maybe they are, just not hd
    02-26-10 09:16 AM
    ipad my bad. the worst thing apple could have thought of. how is this a revolutionary device anyway. it doesn't even match up really well with the netbooks on the market today.
    02-26-10 10:55 PM
    Not any time soon, just bought a mac book.
    02-26-10 10:59 PM
    Im more than okay with my netbook. Ipad seems silly.
    02-26-10 11:10 PM
    I've seen it suggested in a few other forums that I'm also on. I thought it was a good idea. Basically an Apple Netbook. I mean it would have all of the programs optimized for a lighter processor and the screen, but other than the differences from that it would be very similar to traditional Mac OSX.
    This is what I originally thought it was going to be, a small computer/netbook. What it has become is disappointing and interesting at the same time. I'm a Mac guy, but I got my BB instead of an iPhone purposely. With the thought of it becoming a netbook, you should just listen to what Jobs had to say during the keynote--he thinks they suck, so there ain't much of a chance of that happening. I was disappointed it isn't a computer, but interested since I was thinking of investing in an iPod touch at some point, and this would be better for what I was looking to do with it. But all that said, the lack of multi-tasking is a deal breaker. I mean, come on, the iPhone can do it now, which is one of the main reasons I went BB--it couldn't then. How do you make a new device and then cripple it like that? Makes no sense to me, I'll be waiting for 2/3 generations to see what comes in the future.
    02-26-10 11:49 PM
    I have an iPod Touch and a MacBook Pro. I have no need for an iPad. It isn't practical for me.
    02-27-10 12:23 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD