I need some help guys...whenever i connect my blackberry storm to my mac, my memory card doesnt pop up on the desktop...i can access it on my phonw but not on my mac for some reason..i wanna say this occured when i installed the blackberry desktop manager for mac..but that could have nothing to do wih it but it doesnt show up in there either.it says to insert a media card into my device..i have mass storage mode enabled and have it set to auto-enable upon connection. like i said, ive never had a problem with it but now for some reason it doesnt recognize my blackberry.i have sinced uninstalled the desktop manager but im still not having any luck. i also have vmware fusion and the windows vitrual machine isnt recognizing my media card either..any suggestions?
    09-25-09 06:37 PM
    Do you have any files on the memory card? If you have it backed up someplace else from prior backup time, I would have the phone do a format on it and reconnect it back to your Mac. It sounds like the card got corrupted thus nothing is recognizing it.
    09-25-09 08:29 PM
    My media card is not corrupted. I have spent 1 hour on the phone with Apple and there is nothing wrong with the mac. All of a sudden my BB and SD card will not mount.
    09-26-09 07:52 PM
    My media card is not corrupted. I have spent 1 hour on the phone with Apple and there is nothing wrong with the mac. All of a sudden my BB and SD card will not mount.
    Does your internal memory mount on your mac? When I connect my BB to my Mac I get two mounted drives. One is the SD card and other is the internal memory. Do you get the internal to mount? If you answer no, there is a problem some place.

Also, have you at any time installed PocketMac or MissingSync on your macs? If so do a search because this seems to be a very common problem if one of those two apps were ever installed and you then installed DM for Mac.
    09-27-09 08:36 AM
    Okay, had to do this on my Curve a couple days ago but it should be near the same proceedure. For some reason the phone settings changed where it wouldn't dock with my mac.

Go into your options/setup (whichever it is on Storm). Then go into the settings for memory card/media card.

There should be a setting for "Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected" or something similar. Make sure it's set to Yes or Prompt.

Somehow mine got changed to No so it wouldn't even connect or acknowledge my phone was connected.

Hopefully this helps you.
    09-27-09 02:45 PM
    I'm having the same problem even when I reboot my Mac into Vista I can access the Media card through DM but its not showing up as a drive in My Computer. Then in Tiger 10.5.8 whether I use Media sync or the leaked DM it doesn't see my Media card I have formatted it twice made sure mass storage is on ect.. I have read all the threads I could but still am unsure what to do next.I have the Verizon Storm 4.7.0.148(203)
    09-27-09 07:20 PM
    I basically did the same thing with my bold. Formatted the MC few times, double even triple checked the config. for mass storage option on DM and on the phone. But nothing really works. The only way to transfer music, files and other things is to send them by mail. I thought that the DM for Mac is coming out in Sept. but I suppose it was postponed. We might as well just be patient like we have had during the last decade and see what comes up in the next few weeks.
    09-30-09 01:10 AM
    Mine was mounting without a problem using the beta mac dm, now that the official has been released neither drive is mounting at all nor is it being recognized by the new dm. I think its a driver issue as my pc has no probs recognizing the memory card. not too mention all my settings are the same as they were before and i can see my pics and music as if mass storage mode isnt turned on and its not connected even with it connected.
    10-03-09 07:59 AM
    Does your internal memory mount on your mac? When I connect my BB to my Mac I get two mounted drives. One is the SD card and other is the internal memory. Do you get the internal to mount? If you answer no, there is a problem some place.
    Really, I have only ever got the media card to show-up on the mac...your mac shows the internal drive as well....hmmm. Does everyone get this? Could you elaborate on your set-up (mac, os, etc.) please?
    10-03-09 12:00 PM
    Really, I have only ever got the media card to show-up on the mac...your mac shows the internal drive as well....hmmm. Does everyone get this? Could you elaborate on your set-up (mac, os, etc.) please?
    Yeah, mine only mounts the media card as well. The only way I can access the device memory directly is via a program like BBFileScout.

murrayj5 - would love to know how your set up is configured...
    10-03-09 12:03 PM
    murrayj5 - would love to know how your set up is configured...
    Not sure why both memory of the phone shows up. I have options on by default.

There are a few times that the internal memory doesn't show by normally I get the BB1 and BB2 icons for both memories.

If there is some type of setting that does this I'm willing to investigate to help others.

Side note: I got calendar to work. Short story - backup cal and address - re-import both and reset sync in iSync and reboot. Recognizes my calendar.
    10-03-09 12:28 PM
    ive always gotten both to show up with the beta version of mac dm, now with the official i get nothing, im gonna fool with it some more and see if i can get it to work.
    10-03-09 01:15 PM
    Not sure why both memory of the phone shows up. I have options on by default.

There are a few times that the internal memory doesn't show by normally I get the BB1 and BB2 icons for both memories.

If there is some type of setting that does this I'm willing to investigate to help others.

Side note: I got calendar to work. Short story - backup cal and address - re-import both and reset sync in iSync and reboot. Recognizes my calendar.
    I just figured it out. You're on a Storm, aren't you? The Storm's memory consists of on board memory, application memory and a media card. Us Tour users only have application memory and a media card, no separate on board memory.
    10-03-09 01:55 PM
    @CafeRacer - Yeah that makes great sense and I would agree that is the reason it's showing up.
    10-03-09 06:22 PM
    Mac OS 10.6.1
    BB Storm 9530
    Platform - 4.0.0.181

I have removed all copies of Pocketmac and Missing Sync.

Downloaded new DM today.

Apple tech support can't explain why media card or the BB won't mount on Mac. Used to show up as BB1 and BB2.

I have inserted the media card and removed it. The DM doesn't recognize it.

Have not had a problem syncing my i-cal, address book, notes or tasks with the new DM.

Any suggestions.
    10-03-09 07:48 PM
    i can't get it to see my storm. the mac does not see the phone at all. I can sync contacts and calendar and access apps but no memory card. Tried two different cards.
    10-03-09 08:08 PM
    I think it's because you're on an OS 5 as opposed to 4.7. Seems to be a common theme across the forums that there is problems with OS 5.xx having problems mounting the media card.
    10-03-09 08:34 PM
    actually i am on .148 official. My phone was replaced and i never updated the OS. Forgot to change my profile. I tried two memory cards and i can't see either one in Dm for mac.
    10-03-09 11:51 PM
    Unplug from the USB cable and close Desktop Manager, try turning Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) off under options> memory, save the change, plug back in and open DTM last...see if you get a different result....just outta curiosity...MTP seemed to be a booger with Pocket Mac
    10-04-09 01:15 AM
    Also, in the Device Options screen of DTM for Mac under General there's a option to check off to "Show as disk on desktop"...just saw that...
    10-04-09 01:41 AM
    A few other things to keep in mind...

– If you eject the Blackberry using either the eject button or the eject option from the device menu you MUST disconnect and then reconnect the Blackberry in order for it to be detected again.

- Closing/reopening the Desktop Manager will not cause the Blackberry to be detected again.

- If you close the Desktop Manager you must still dismount the connected media drive(s). You can do this by either:
    * ejecting the mounted drive from finder
    * dragging the drive from the desktop to the trash in the dock
    * by selecting the drive on the desktop and using command + e on the keyboard

Hope some of these tips help to make your DTM for Mac experience a little less stressful

10-04-09 01:57 AM
    Also, in the Device Options screen of DTM for Mac under General there's a option to check off to "Show as disk on desktop"...just saw that...
    can you point me in the right direction for this check box cause im not finding it anywhere.
    10-04-09 11:10 AM
    Yeah, this is not an option on mine...here is a screen shot of that window
    10-04-09 01:10 PM
    Yeah, this is not an option on mine...here is a screen shot of that window
    Yup, my window looks the same as yours...no option to "Show as disk on desktop".
    10-04-09 01:12 PM
    tried everything. still no luck.
    10-04-09 04:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD