I added some photo's to my BB via mounting the unit as mass storage.

FOr every picture I add, there is a second file that shows up on my BB. ie.

IMG_6697.JPG
    and then this
    . IMG_6697.JPG (what is this?)

the new/wierd file can not be deleted

Can someone help?
    02-20-08 08:13 AM
    I added some photo's to my BB via mounting the unit as mass storage.

FOr every picture I add, there is a second file that shows up on my BB. ie.

IMG_6697.JPG
    and then this
    . IMG_6697.JPG (what is this?)

the new/wierd file can not be deleted

Can someone help?
    Shane,
    First question, do you have a media card installed?
    Not sure what the issue is, but my question is, you were able to use mass storage? Reason I ask is, there is a know issue with the 8130 and going into a constant reboot while trying to use mass storage.
    02-20-08 08:37 AM
    Shane,
    Also read thru the first part of this. It talks about some of the issues you posted here today as to mass storage, and battery.

I know this is for MissingSync, but it does talk about the 8130's know issues.
    The Missing Sync for BlackBerry - Known Issues
    02-20-08 08:55 AM
    Shane,
    First question, do you have a media card installed?
    Not sure what the issue is, but my question is, you were able to use mass storage? Reason I ask is, there is a know issue with the 8130 and going into a constant reboot while trying to use mass storage.
    Yes, it does reboot most of the time ... but I have just enough time to move files ... Also, it rebotted everytime or didn't even work with 10.5.. but when i switched back to 10.4.xx it worked a lot better.

Yes there is a 1GB card inserted.
    02-20-08 09:26 AM
    Yes, it does reboot most of the time ... but I have just enough time to move files ... Also, it rebotted everytime or didn't even work with 10.5.. but when i switched back to 10.4.xx it worked a lot better.

Yes there is a 1GB card inserted.
    Ah, that's why you were able to. I'm running 10.5.2 I just use a card reader. Seems easier for me.
    02-20-08 09:34 AM
    I might resort to that or actually buying The Missing Sync ... but for now can you shed any light on these files?

Update, they don't get deleted when I remove the original file. I would have to format the card.
    02-20-08 09:59 AM
    Shane, sorry to say it doesn't look like I'll be of much help. Since I am using 10.5 and a card reader, I don't get those files so I don't know where they are coming from. Can't pin down if it's the 10.4 doing something weird via usb upload, or that fact as you stated you can only connect for a short time before the BB crashes.
    I'd be interested to know if you get the same issue with 10.4 but loading via a card reader.
    02-20-08 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD