As far as I can see, PocketMac does everything but load (copy) files. How is everyone uploading files from their macs to the BB?
    06-06-08 04:26 PM
    Newbie here who needs the answer to this question too. Help please!

TIA!
    06-06-08 06:28 PM
    by files...do you mean music and ringtones and videos??

If so, i have a usb card reader that i plug the memory card from my pearl, into my mac. This makes the memory card show up as a removable drive, and then i drag my ringtones and music and videos to the correct folders the blackberry made when i formatted the card. You can but the reader for less than 20 dollars pretty much anywhere they sell mobile accessories. I also send files bluetooth as well.
    06-06-08 10:02 PM
    I connect my BB via USB cable and enable mass media mode (or however it is called) when prompted and this opens up all my folders in my SD card. After doing said task I find lets say all my songs in my folder of my Macbook and I just copy all the files i want. Then paste inside the appropriate SD folder. Once done make sure to eject your drive so that you don't harm any data just transferred.
    06-08-08 03:08 AM
    I have a MacBook Pro and a 8130 Pearl and tried exactly what you say, but did not get the media card to mount. Could it be because I have Missing Sync (which works great for contacts and calendar? I am sure I have the BB's settings correctly set, but perhaps MS is stymying my efforts?
    06-27-08 12:50 PM
    I never had any conflicts with my bb and missingsync on my Mac's. You just need to make sure Mass Storage Mode is set to on and that Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode is set to yes or auto.
    07-02-08 10:56 AM
    For FREE : Just have Mass Storage mode enabled. Connect the Berry. Open the drive that mounts on your desktop ('BlackBerry').

Drag and drop media into the respective folders on the microSD!! You are good to go!
    07-02-08 11:02 AM
    I do have the mass storage mode enabled and all of my media card settings are correct, but it doesn't mount. I checked on Missing Sync's site and they say for the 8130 Pearl there is a problem with BB firmware and BB has promised a firmware update so the media card will mount -- still waiting.
    07-02-08 02:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD