My husband and I have macs at home, but he uses a windows laptop for work. He hates the phone he currently has and is looking into blackberries and other smart phones. He wants to know which smart phone is best when using a mac and a windows pc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    04-30-09 03:45 PM
    Oh well thats a hard question, I use my Mac's to do everything. I have the Blackberry Storm and use MissingSync to sync, its not my ideal choice, but it works for now. Blackberries are great for getting things done though.
    I can't give you any advice on windows because I blocked them from my memory when I got smart and bought Apple...LOL Blackberries work great with windows... :-)
    Last edited by califjewls; 04-30-09 at 05:28 PM.
    04-30-09 05:25 PM
    I would honestly say the only phone that comes to mind that works flawlessly with both a pc and mac would be the iPhone. All it needs is iTunes. If you come across a pc that doesn't have it at a friends house or some other place you can just get it for free from Apple.com and you're set.

Let the flaming begin.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 01:00 AM
    iPhone hands Down winner...
    05-01-09 01:13 AM
    For this particular case I'd also say iPhone.
    That said though, we can also run Windows on our Macs. Blackberries play best with Windows, unfortunately.

Last edited by skwij; 05-01-09 at 10:05 AM.
    05-01-09 10:02 AM
    @Skwij, that is true. Running bootcamp would be an easier and, frankly, cheaper solution. Although if you didn't want to run Windows on your Mac, the iPhone is the easiest route to follow.

05-03-09 03:08 PM
    All depends what FEATURES matter most to you on a phone. If you can WAIT, I'd say get 3G 3.0 iPhone in June. If you want now compare the Bold with the 3G 2.0 iPhone, and the Android G1.
    05-08-09 12:53 PM
    I currently have a BB and actually have a double boot netbook.

I run Leopard and Win 7 and I have to say tethering the BB via bluetooth is a breeze on Windows.

The Mac OS did a great job of "finding" the BB, but I can't seem to tether it for email/internet.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

05-08-09 06:00 PM
    I personally have a Mac for everyday use. However I also have a pc to help with my BlackBerry tasks lol.

05-10-09 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD