08-06-09 09:47 AM
128 ... 3456
tools
    I have a BB curve. I have been trying to sync it to my Ical, and Address book for weeks. I was successful with Mark/space 1 time, and Pocket mac 1 time. Now all I get is errors, and lots of frustration. My masters is in the medical field not computers. Is there any chance that i will be able to do this without an outlay of cash and weeks online. I am in the middle of trying the gmail route. I have an account and attempted to download A to G to sync my contacts to gmail, but the website is asking for a donation. No more money from me until I am assured this will work. I already fell for that scam with Mark space. $39.99 for more frustration. My 15 year old provides plenty of that Gratis. Is there a way around the donation or am I forced to pay more, and more? I need guidance. Is there any chance of 1 to 1 assistance?
    Ray J
    06-13-09 12:11 PM
    Hey there. I don't want to make another new thread so i'm hoping you guys could help me!!
    I downloaded the pocketmac for blackberry from the bb site, and everything installed just fine, i restarted my mac, but then, when i want to run the program a notice comes up and it says that the application quit unexpectedly and that the mac OS ant other applications arent affected and if i want to quit report or run again.... I uninstalled and installed many times over and over, and always the same thing... I don't get it, help please!
    Regards,
    D
    06-14-09 02:52 PM
    Hard life for us!!
    06-14-09 06:24 PM
    BB 8110 + White MacBook cooperate perfectly!
    06-14-09 07:39 PM
    Mac user. New bb user. PocketMac seems to only sync media. Can I sync contacts, etc?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-09 02:50 PM
    It's like having a WIN CE PDA after PALM just went under water all over again. No possible way of working correctly with the machine if you don't have a PC to sync with.

I heard that Mac version of desktop software is coming but until I see it, I will be syncing my BB with a PC at work. Can some freelance dude develop a competent software for RIM? I will pay for that.
    06-17-09 04:59 PM
    So here's a multiple platform puzzle: I have a Palm Treo that synchs nicely with my Macbook Pro. Unfortunately, Verizon is essentially dropping the Palm line and it is the only provider with decent service in my area. So I want to switch to BB, but also need to move 9 years worth of data (on memos, contacts, calendar etc) from the Palm OS to the BB OS. So, I got PocketMac, but all the advice I get on how to dump Treo data onto a BB involves a wizard program that I think is only on the BB desktop program. Ha! Am I just doing wishful thinking here, or might there be a solution?
    06-23-09 10:48 PM
    Yikes! Glad I checked in here. Committed mac user (MacBook) and contemplating my first blackberry...now I'm not sure sure! I have been coaxing a Palm along for a while and it has to go. Iphone is shiny and lovely and all, but I use my handheld as a reference at work and I need expandable memory. Question for all of you mac folks: it is possible to set up and add programs to your blackberry on a mac? The only other functions that I will really need are a calendar and my contact list.

Thoughts? Thanks.
    06-24-09 05:40 PM
    I'm also a dedicated mac user but I have never synced my bold on my iMac or on my Macbooks. I have both Pocket crap and a Missing Sybc but I never managed to get them working. I suppose I could if I invest some efforts into it but it is just too much hassle foth not much. Get yourself an XP and install on Bootcamp. That is the only feasible way of using your BB conveniently on your mac. If not get yourself an iPhone.

06-26-09 09:23 PM
    hey everyone.
    I just purchased my first BB last night 6/27 and was looking to sync my BB curve 8330 up with my mac pro.
    Love this site. The other site can not even come close to the helpfulness and fast ocean of information this site.
    Thanks again
    looking forward to being a PITA to all of you with a bunch of questions.
    06-27-09 08:38 AM
    Yikes! Glad I checked in here. Committed mac user (MacBook) and contemplating my first blackberry...now I'm not sure sure! I have been coaxing a Palm along for a while and it has to go. Iphone is shiny and lovely and all, but I use my handheld as a reference at work and I need expandable memory. Question for all of you mac folks: it is possible to set up and add programs to your blackberry on a mac? The only other functions that I will really need are a calendar and my contact list.

Thoughts? Thanks.
    BBs are still a little clunky with your options as a Mac user. So far, we've yet to see a mac version of the Desktop Manager software that comes with the BB for loading software to the device, backing up device info, syncing contacts, alendar entries and email, etc. The software that IS available for Mac users doesn't do any of the advanced file manipulation that is possible for Windows users. You can't update your device OS, but you ca nsync contacts, email, calendars, etc. Most programs are added via Over-The-Air links (directly from your phone's browser).

The memory is swappable on BB, which means lots of room for data, but the iPhone had 16GB of device memory to begin with. Depending on your device, all your apps on a BB will have to fit in 64, 128, or 256MB. That's not really a problem as BlackBerry apps are very light-weight and fast. BBs are faster and more secure than iPhones, they can multitask, and essentially I find them much more useful. iPhone has a great sexed-up screen, browser, and fun accellerometer-based apps.

I love my Bold and would never even consider replacing it with an iPhone, but I would probably have gone with something else if I didn't have a Windows partition on any of my computers. The utilities available for tweaking the BB are numerous on the PC, non-existent for Mac.
    06-27-09 10:40 PM
    When I first started loading data on my BB, I just took my microSD and plugged it into the computer (after formatting, of course) and placed what I wanted in the folders. This won't work with software. I bought my husband to the darkside this year. When he downloaded his pocket mac (in April), it was different than mine. After uninstalling my pocket and downloading a fresh copy, I did find a way to sync software from my macmini to my BB 8330.
    I didn't read the whole thread, so if I'm repeating - much apologies. I've only successfully done this with themes so far...
    Connect BB to data cable. Open PocketMac. Sync (shhhh, I know.) Add the software you want on your BB to the pocketmac dialog box under the proper tab. Sync again. Phone will restart and everything.

I personally would love to build my own themes. Has anyone come across a themebuilding software that is set up for Mac?

Thanks
    ~Sher
    06-29-09 03:10 PM
    I'm getting incredibly frustrated with my Storm... I'm an avid Mac user and always have been, however I'm also a big fan of Verizon, so I decided to go with the Storm (instead of switching over to AT&T and the iPhone) earlier this year. There are many features that are great, however I don't even have time to list the problems I've had with this phone.

Most recently I had to reset the phone back to the manufacturers settings to resolve duplicate contacts, calendars and crashing. Solved the duplicate contacts and minimized the crashing, however I now have another set of problems on my hands. Calendars won't sync, I'm not able to set up my bluetooth devices (were set up before with no problems), inconsistent syncing of contacts, unreliable syncing using PocketMac (at this moment I'm getting errors, although last week I had no problem) and unable to install updates because of the lack of memory. Needless to say, I'm pulling my hair out over this thing!

At this moment my memory is as below:
    0.0 KB Application Memory - however I have not installed any additional apps than what the device originally came with
    878.9 MB Device Memory
    5.7 MB Media Card Memory

Currently I would like to do the following:
    ~ Sync reliably with my Mac using PocketMac. Any ideas? I've downloaded and installed the patch twice now.
    ~ Install the BB update I recently downloaded.

Question: When I originally bought the Storm Verizon told me I could use it for mobile broadband with my Apple PowerBook. When the software that came with the phone was incompatible, I went back to Verizon asking them again and he told me I would have to download third party software for it to work. Any idea where this third party software is to download?

Thanks for your help - I obviously need it!
    07-01-09 04:08 AM
    Hi bfrazm. I ditched PacketMac and Missing Sync. Here's how I sync instead:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f62/mis...2/#post2929557

I also was able to get internet access on my MacBook using my BlackBerries as bluetooth modems, but I'm on AT&T... the keywords you want to search for are "tethering" or "BlackBerry as bluetooth modem." I guarantee you'll get some good search results that will at least have things worth trying.

I don't know for sure but I bet it will work on Verizon the same way it does for AT&T. If not, the leading 3rd party tethering apps seem to be:

MobiShark: Use your Blackberry as a Modem | BlackBerry Bold Modem | BlackBery Storm Modem

and

TetherBerry: TetherBerry | The Web Anywhere

Good luck!

P.S. - Also, I don't have a Storm so can't say for sure, but I highly recommend Bold users get their phones to a Windows machine at some point so they can upgrade the OS. 4.6.0.247 works so much better than 4.6.0.167, which is what AT&T ships the phone with. If there are newer OSes available for the Storm, they're worth checking out as they may solve some of the problems you've had. Sadly, RIM left us Mac users without a way to upgrade the OS. The ONLY software for doing this so far is for Windows only.
    07-01-09 04:32 AM
    I have a Macbook and just got a BB Bold its my first blackberry and i'm really diggin' it. I'm using pocketmac to sync and its working fine but how do i pull up my ical to do list on the blackberry? I turned show tasks on and can't view the list. does each specific task have to have a due date in order to view it?

thanks
    07-01-09 09:40 AM
    Just got my 8330 last night and my macbook a few months ago.
    07-03-09 08:19 AM
    I'm a new BB user, & went to BB Storm as I would have had to early terminate my contract with Verizon. So here I am with a Storm. No way to use the utilities including Desk Manager, because I am a committed Mac user (yeah, I have a PC at work).

Anyway, I don't know what I'm doing with this phone. I don't really need to sync it to my Mac, but I would like to be able to manage downloads, upload pics etc from my phone to my mac . . . & what's this about music on my phone.

I'm off to read what I can in the forums. I hope I like this phone and don't spend much more time wishing I'd bit the bullet and gone with the iPhone. Wah
    07-03-09 09:44 AM
    I'm a new BB user, & went to BB Storm as I would have had to early terminate my contract with Verizon. So here I am with a Storm. No way to use the utilities including Desk Manager, because I am a committed Mac user (yeah, I have a PC at work).

Anyway, I don't know what I'm doing with this phone. I don't really need to sync it to my Mac, but I would like to be able to manage downloads, upload pics etc from my phone to my mac . . . & what's this about music on my phone.

I'm off to read what I can in the forums. I hope I like this phone and don't spend much more time wishing I'd bit the bullet and gone with the iPhone. Wah
    Both PocketMac and MissingSync will allow you to install applications and transfer music and pics to your device, but to do upgrades of the device software you will need the Desktop Manager (DM) software running on Windows.

A lot of us mac users run either VM Fusion or Parallels with Windows so we can run the DM software. Give you much more control over applications on your device, etc.

Give it some more time and I'm sure you'll be a crackberry addict too.
    07-04-09 04:27 PM
    How do I sync BB and Mac contacts without duplicating contacts?
    07-05-09 05:55 PM
    How do I sync BB and Mac contacts without duplicating contacts?
    The first few times you sync with pocketmac, it should recognize inconsistencies and notified you. It would then ask if you how you want to handle extra contacts or differences on your device or mac. You could choose copy phone to mac or copy mac to phone. I even think there was a choice to cross information from both to make them match. If you made a selection and chose 'do not ask me again' then that setting would continue. I know pocketmac isn't the brightest apple, so I can't think of a way to manually change the preferrence unless prompted. Check under the tab for contacts in your pocketmac control panel, perhaps there is a check in a box that causes this. If not....Worst case, unistall pocketmac and reinstall to force the prompt to come up again and read carefully before you choose. Uninstalling doesn't affect the info you're sync'ing with.

Hope this helps!
    07-06-09 02:01 PM
    I'm new to blackberry and very computer illiterate. I was wondering if blackbery can pick up wi-fi connections. I have terrible cell service in my area. So I have trouble getting a cell signal in order to connect my browser. Does anyone know about this, or have solutions?

07-07-09 10:50 AM
    heyy i just bought the 8900..i have a macbook and was wondering how to transfer games themes etc that i download onto my mac to my bb ? if anyone could pls help, i wud be very grateful

Thanks !
    07-07-09 04:52 PM
    I just got my curve 8330 and love it. I have no problem getting files onto my phone now that I added a memory card. Now to get it sync'd up my old OS mac. I am running 10.3.9 and the computer doesn't have the capability to upgrade. Any suggestions on software to get these two to talk?
    07-08-09 03:15 PM
    little problem. i just bought a macbook (thats not a problem trust me). i bought the 3g i phone theme a few months ago, and i had windows vista. i saved it on my outlook and now that i have my mac i don't have it anymore any ideas on what i could do to get it back?
    07-10-09 01:35 AM
    ok so heres the deal. i just got the storm as my first blackberry. i have a power book g4 now but i just ordered a new macbook pro. what the **** do i have to do lol. i guess theres a new update for it but verizon said something about me having to back up my phone to the computer, erase my apps, install the update and then restore my phone? someone help me!
    07-10-09 02:32 PM
128 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD