08-06-09 10:47 AM
128 1234 ...
tools
    Is this possible. I have tried as an mms (does not work) I have also tried sending via a jpeg file (does not work either) any suggestions?
    06-05-08 02:24 PM
    The curve doesn't have GPS as far as I know. You"ll need the at&t 8800 for that.

But yes, there is a way to sync them. You're just limited on what syncs.

google search pocketmac. You can check to see if it fits your needs
    Curve 8310 has GPS, download google maps (it's free) and use that rather than telenav. if you don't use it for dir. and just for the map, it'll show you your location and the map So you just gotta (somewhat) know where you are going and it is cool. Telenav costs, so I avoid it. I think GPS may be disabled on VZW, I am on AT&T and it works just dandy.
    07-17-08 09:53 PM
    I posted this on another thread but looks like it will be more appropriate here.

Could anyone verify for me that they have successfully connected there BB Curve 8330 via USB cable to their macbook using your BB as a modem. I have successfully configured the BB but I am unable to connect to the internet. I have successfully connected using bluetooth with the curve which seems to be the only supported way to connect at this time.

Thanks for any help.
    07-18-08 11:45 AM
    Does the GPS work with the BB pearl 8130? If so what do I need to do get it working?
    Thank you for the tip on using pocket Mac.
    Also, does the cable for the tethered modem work with a Mac powerbook OS X? I sure hope so.
    Thanks in advance.
    07-19-08 04:22 AM
    i am using macbook with OSX 10.5.4, i've downloaded PocketMac version 1.0 (1.0.9) i can't seem to get it to connect to my BB8707G. Would like to know has anyone manage to get it to connect?
    07-19-08 01:13 PM
    i am using macbook with OSX 10.5.4, i've downloaded PocketMac version 1.0 (1.0.9) i can't seem to get it to connect to my BB8707G. Would like to know has anyone manage to get it to connect?
    Be sure to download and install the driver update for pocketmac as well, Peter.
    07-20-08 07:36 AM
    Hello friends, I will soon be replacing my first gen iphone for the bb curve 8310. I hope to sinc it with my imac g-5 without any problems. If anyone has any advice for me regarding the curve having issues with my imac, please let me know. thanks.

frank
    07-21-08 12:09 AM
    My MacBook Pro has windows XP - but I'm using PocketMac to sync my new BB curve. It worked, but got stalled during sync. Am going to try again tonight.

Can I add ringtones from the Mac? Trying to find directions...
    07-21-08 07:17 PM
    Mac/Berry user here! I use Missing Sync, and although I have had to restart mac and soft boot BB when I want to sync, I do have address book, calendar and music on my BB!
    I've seen threads that say you can "drag & drop" music from mac to BB...never heard of that. Any opinions?
    07-22-08 11:39 PM
    I had pocket mac and it wasn't perfect. Now running windows x/p using boot camp on my mac air. It's great using the BB desktop manager again after being without my old pc laptop. Upgraded to 4.5 for my OS and desk top.
    07-22-08 11:50 PM
    Hello friends, I will soon be replacing my first gen iphone for the bb curve 8310. I hope to sinc it with my imac g-5 without any problems. If anyone has any advice for me regarding the curve having issues with my imac, please let me know. thanks.

frank
    Download PocketMac and hook your BB up to your USB directly. It's painless, seemless, flawless...
    07-23-08 12:59 AM
    My MacBook Pro has windows XP - but I'm using PocketMac to sync my new BB curve. It worked, but got stalled during sync. Am going to try again tonight.

Can I add ringtones from the Mac? Trying to find directions...
    You just simply drag music from iTunes or from your music folder onto the mounted Blackberry disc in Finder. If it isn't mounted, go to Utilities, Disk Utility, and fix permissions.
    07-23-08 01:00 AM
    I am a fairly new Mac user and a brand new BB user and I'm having trouble figuring out how to sync my contacts and calendar to my computer. I downloaded pocketmac but it isn't recognizing my blackberry as being connected. My BB has the charging symbol on the screen but the computer does not show the BB in the finder. Any suggestions? Thanks!!!
    07-23-08 02:01 PM
    I currently have verizon wireless and a mac at home. I am looking to buy a blackberry and download pocket mac to it so that I can sync my ical to my phone. This would be the primary reason/function that I would need to use. Can anyone offer me advice, tips, experiences. I am not techno savvy and could use some advice before purchasing.

Thanks a bunch !

Craig
    07-23-08 02:30 PM
    love my powerbook G4 and just got a new Curve..hoping to do great fun things with them both!!
    07-25-08 01:10 AM
    I currently have verizon wireless and a mac at home. I am looking to buy a blackberry and download pocket mac to it so that I can sync my ical to my phone. This would be the primary reason/function that I would need to use. Can anyone offer me advice, tips, experiences. I am not techno savvy and could use some advice before purchasing.

Thanks a bunch !

Craig
    That's primary what I NEEDED to do on my mac, and for that I just used PocketMac. I mainly use my BB to manage the Calendar so I used the settings to let the BB be the main winner if any conflicts. I haven't had any problems so far! I use a Pearl and it seems to work ok with my macbook. The only problem I haven't figured out yet is how to mount my BB on the Desktop in order to access my media files on the memory card.
    07-25-08 10:32 AM
    Hey fellow Mac junkies! I am sporting the following:
    MackBook Pro 2GHz (1st Gen) 2GB Ram, 500GB HDD (recently Upgraded), Dual Boot w/Solaris 10, running OS X 10.5.4, w/ VMWare Fusion running WinXP Pro, and Win 2k3 Server.
    Since Pocket Mac does not sync well or install apps at all, I just use PocketMac to sync my addressbook in OSX, but I use VMWare and WinXP to install apps and the BB OS. This works flawlessly as if I were to run WinXP naitively on the MacBook.
    I will do my best to contribute here for Mac users and Blackberry devices.
    I recently upgraded my Blackberry 8830 to 4.5.0.51 using VMWare, and again ahd no problems what so ever!
    08-05-08 08:04 AM
    How do I synch my palm for mac desktop to my blackberry?

thanks
    08-07-08 07:04 PM
    You should be able to sync music from iTunes to your blackberry and I am at this point unable to do so. I use pocketmac to sync the basics but I am blackberry user gone iphone and now im back. im only missing the music and video. How can I get it to sync to it?
    08-09-08 02:04 AM
    Has any one use google sync with there BB? if so how did it work out?
    08-22-08 10:48 AM
    Has anyone had any success in accomplished this configuration yet? Any help would be appreciated.

I posted this on another thread but looks like it will be more appropriate here.

Could anyone verify for me that they have successfully connected there BB Curve 8330 via USB cable to their macbook using your BB as a modem. I have successfully configured the BB but I am unable to connect to the internet. I have successfully connected using bluetooth with the curve which seems to be the only supported way to connect at this time.

Thanks for any help.
    09-04-08 11:38 AM
    Mac and BB...what more can anyone ask for?!
    09-04-08 10:32 PM
    I have a mac and a bb curve. love it!
    09-14-08 12:23 PM
    Hey...I am a Mac and Blackberry 8310 lover...

I have a dilema I would love some intellectual IT perspective on. The pursuit of this solution is driving me a little mad so any help would be most welcome!

I am assisting my boss to implement a synchronised system across three Mac and Blackberry users. As security is the highest requirement, we have both a Microsoft Exchange Server and recently purchased a Mac Server on a recommendation and not interested in a internet based solution.

The requirement is:
    - synchronising all three Macs to see a shared calendar and contacts database i.e. we can all see and update a shared calendar and use and update the same contact database

The issues:
    - We tried Sync together with Missing Sync over the Mac serve and it failed
    - We now cannot even sync Mac to Blackberry

The hope:
    - Blackberry Exchange Server over Microsoft Exchange Server?
    - Anyone know about this option? Thoughts/Feedback
    - Cost/Capability?
    - Do we need to use Entourage as the software or can we stick to iCal and Address Book?...

Please help...I really am going a little insane!!

Thanks for any help
    09-15-08 01:12 PM
    I just bought the new pearl 8130 and am terribly confused with a.) how to use this pocketmac or anyother program to help sync music from my mac to Bb. b.) how to download ringtones. I traded in my Dare for this thing which Im very happy about, aside from being able to get ringtones efficiently and to get music. Help would be so greatly appreciated!

This forum is excellent by the way. thank you
    09-18-08 03:15 AM
128 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD