08-06-09 10:47 AM
128 123 ...
tools
    Welcome to all of the Mac users out there! This will be the place to discuss using your mac with a BlackBerry...

Lets get the ball rolling here. Any issues, concerns or questions regarding Macs + BB's goes here!
    06-27-07 03:39 PM
    I have a 20" iMac and a BlackBerry Curve...don't sync them though! My Curve is synched to my office exchange server.

06-27-07 03:48 PM
    Very nice!!!! Just what the DR. orderd!!

Thanks for making this happen!!!

Running my 8800 with my MacBook Pro and pocketmac

Of course, I would like more sync capabilities, but all my "must haves" are accounted for with pocketmac
    06-27-07 06:46 PM
    You guys are aweseome I must say. I don't know if this was in the books or not but I asked the other day if there could be an area for Mac users. Ask and ye shall recieve. You guys are amazing!
    06-27-07 11:32 PM
    MacBook here but only use it with the Curve for Mass Storage. ALso use a PC at work to do all BB repairs and syncing.

If RIM were to make a DM for Mac - It would be incredible.
    06-28-07 04:45 AM
    I am in the middle of contemplating on which BB to go with either the 8830 from Verizon, or switch back to AT&T for the Curve. However is it safe to say that neither one of these will sync with my MBP? Another reason for not being able to decide is the GPS features which seem to be disabled on the VZW but I am not sure if they are on the Curve.
    06-28-07 06:38 AM
    The curve doesn't have GPS as far as I know. You"ll need the at&t 8800 for that.

But yes, there is a way to sync them. You're just limited on what syncs.

google search pocketmac. You can check to see if it fits your needs
    06-28-07 10:20 AM
    You can also go with Missing Sync. It costs money vs. PocketMac (which is free), but it's worth it in my opinion.
    06-30-07 12:03 PM
    I used to be a MAC user - still LOVE them!! I have always had Windows machines as well (I know, I know....the beauty is in MAC )

Missing Sync is great and worthwhile.

You can also go with Missing Sync. It costs money vs. PocketMac (which is free), but it's worth it in my opinion.
    06-30-07 12:17 PM
    I am a mac user too, I have an 8830 and i really like it. I had a treo before and I loved it, then again I did not know about black berries. My BB syncs with my mac with no problem. I use pocketmac. Have not looked into missing sync yet, what is the difference?
    06-30-07 03:09 PM
    Count me too
    Another one MAC user here... Actually, mac/linux/windows user :P
    06-30-07 03:52 PM
    I've just learned of a software that is supposed to be great with syncing BB to macs. it's called the Missing Sync and you can find it on markspace.com.
    07-01-07 12:20 AM
    Avid Mac user here. Newbie to blackberry though. Sync fine with pocketmac.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-07 10:25 AM
    I have an iMac and use pocketmac. I never used a PC with a blackberry so I'm not missing that much.
    07-06-07 07:48 PM
    Just bought my first BB - Pearl this month

Love it and MacBook for the avid, BUSY college student

Sync w/ PocketMac - but having probs w/ bluetooth?

anything you guys can offer is awesome!
    10-30-07 08:17 PM
    New BlackBerry user here, old Mac User!

I've got a MacBook Pro with my Curve 8300, synced using Missing Sync! It's a lifesaver.
    11-02-07 07:07 PM
    I have a Mac Book Pro and a Blackberry 8830, and use the Pocket Mac software to sync. Is there any way to view all of the files/applications on my Blackberry, other than just those on Mass Media Storage?

Also, just posted a question about MPEG4 and Roxio ... Anyone out there have experience with ITunes music and Blackberry 8830?

Glad to see this site
    11-02-07 07:26 PM
    I've recently bought the BB curve through AT&T and I need to change the themes. The orange is driving me crazy along with icons. How do I change them. PLEASE HELP!!!!
    11-02-07 09:20 PM
    Macbook Pro user here! Any one know where I can find a video encoder/converter for my BB videos on a mac? I haven't been able to find one that is compatible.
    11-03-07 11:23 PM
    I've owned my BB 8830 (VZW) for about 6 months now but recently began to mess around with ringtones, pic, software, etc. Currently I do not have a memory card but plan to purchase one in the next few days. I use Pocketmac to sync my address book and iCal but do not see any way to transfer media and software; is this even possible and I am missing it?

I've tried emailing ringtones that I've created in Garage Band to myself but I receive an error stating that the MP3 is an unrecognized format. When I email pics (JPGs) to myself the attachment does not appear on the in my email on the BB but does on the Mac...odd? To get pics to myself I have to go to verizonwireless.com and use their pix messaging service.

Lastly, how can I check the amount of memory available on BB and how/where does the memory card get installed?

Thanks!!
    06-01-08 10:45 PM
    Hey, I posted this on a thread in the Pearl section but anyways it might make sense to put it here as well. I have Leopard on my MBP with my Pearl and I transfer songs via bluetooth, is there another way to do it maybe via USB?
    06-02-08 12:23 AM
    Thanks. Unfortunately I do not have bluetooth on my Mac and I am sporting a BB 8830. Is there a way to mount the BB via USB and use it as a disk (ie. drag and drop files on to it)?? Thanks.
    06-02-08 09:26 PM
    I converted to macs about three years ago and haven't looked back since. I have an imac (G5) an Ibook (G4) and two mac mini's with an enormous bunch of accessories. All was well with the world until the company that made my smart phone (Palm) started doing stupid things with their line up and providing less support for the OS, favouring windows. So along comes the Pearl and the Curve from RIM and I'm interested enough to get in on some of this Blackberry hype, only to find that they too aren't interested in the "better" OS and are strangely all but ignoring the hundreds possibly thousands of requests to provide a DTM for mac users just from this forum alone. This doesn't even begin to cover the Mac/Blackberry users that haven't made it to the pages of this site or other similar sites.
    As a user of both these pieces of kit, I'm getting a bit fed up with them crowing at the tops of their collective voices how well they are doing against the competition. Before starting this rant I read on this very site how Rim are kicking everyone else's ****'s in the smart phone market, especially the iphone! If you were to go to the apple website, it's full of similar rhetoric,for example with those "I'm a mac and I'm a PC" tv ad's. You have to ask yourself, do these people actually read anything other than their OWN press?
    My curve is a great device and because of that I'm going to stick with it for a little longer. It doesn't like talking to my computers without a low rent interpreter, and even that I can get around. I have managed to get pictures and music over to the device and when I have the odd couple of minutes to spare I get it out and delete the annoying duplicate entries that it made using that wonderful piece software called Pocketmac. I'm still not sure what they were smoking at RIM when they thought mac users would be happy with that! Anyway, rant over, I'm sorry it went on so long. I just wanted to vent some frustration. The Mac is an amazingly capable computer as is the Blackberry, and I have faith that they will get together with a worthwhile program. I just hope it's sooner rather than later. ....oh and RIM if you read these pages... PAY ATTENTION!!
    06-03-08 04:52 AM
    I am a huge Mac user and just got my first BB the 8330 from Sprint
    06-03-08 06:33 AM
    I have a Macbook and 8330. I use Pocketmac, everything is pretty sweet.
    06-05-08 11:51 AM
128 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD