03-28-09 08:04 PM
36 12
tools
    With BIS its free. Exchange is a different story. Go to m.google.com for a free download.

And according to this website "Google Sync Makes a Step Toward Cloud Synchronization for Mobile Devices" posted on March 16th 2009, it's $95 to do it your way.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 11:14 AM
    I was using Google Sync for a while, and it was doing a fine job. Sadly some issues with the Google Calendar itself (not the sync portion, which worked great) has kept me from continuing with Google Sync. Google Calendar has a nasty habit of randomly deleting events on subscribed calendars, and having no way of putting them back. It has been an ongoing issue for about 2 years, but one that is a deal breaker for me.

If you do not use subscribed calendars and can tolerate the syncing limitations (I think it is 4 weeks prior to 24 weeks after), then Google Sync is definitely a great thing to use.
    03-27-09 01:47 PM
    I was using Google Sync for a while, and it was doing a fine job. Sadly some issues with the Google Calendar itself (not the sync portion, which worked great) has kept me from continuing with Google Sync. Google Calendar has a nasty habit of randomly deleting events on subscribed calendars, and having no way of putting them back. It has been an ongoing issue for about 2 years, but one that is a deal breaker for me.

If you do not use subscribed calendars and can tolerate the syncing limitations (I think it is 4 weeks prior to 24 weeks after), then Google Sync is definitely a great thing to use.

I sync 4 subscribed calendars without any random deletions that you mention.

You are correct, 4 weeks in the past and 24 weeks in the future. To me this limitation is well worth not being shackled to syncing with a computer.... but thats just me.
    03-27-09 03:02 PM
    My laptop PC is near death. I also have a Mac desktop. I would very much like to sync my Storm with it. I really do not have the cash to purchase another laptop at this time. So if this thing fails I am basically screwed.

I like all the features on the Storm. I need the bberry components for my advertising job, yet I enjoy browsing the Internet and watching videos. I must be a rarity for the Storm because I think the browser is brilliant and video plays just fine.

Not to mention .pdf viewing is awesome for me as well via email. It took a while to get used to the phone, but looking back I love it!

RIM needs to get its act together though and allow syncing to either form of personal computer.
    03-27-09 03:26 PM
    Hi,

To reliably sync my Bold and MacBook I am forced to use Entourage 2008 and Pocket Mac.

iCal and Mail.app get too many mystery deletions and inaccuracies with Pocket Mac, Missing Sync 1 and 2. I used Google Sync and BusySync but can't sync Tasks, etc.

Of course on Windows everything syncs fine.

It also depends what you want from your Mac and phone. iPhone is a great media player but so-so smartphone. Blackberry is a great smartphone but so-so media player. And I like a physical keyboard.

-- Robert.
    Last edited by rob7100g; 03-27-09 at 06:56 PM.
    03-27-09 06:52 PM
    The iphone battery could not get me thru my workday so that was and still is the deal breaker.
    I really miss the easy syncing with my Mac more than anything though.
    03-27-09 07:02 PM
    The iphone battery could not get me thru my workday so that was and still is the deal breaker.
    I really miss the easy syncing with my Mac more than anything though.
    I know how you feel. I often felt what good is it as a phone if the battery is dead.
    03-27-09 10:19 PM
    I loved my iPhone. If you think the Storm's browser is good, you haven't spent much time using the iPhone's browser. It's not perfect, but leaps and bounds better than the Storm's. At my old job I never had an issue with battery life because I could just plug it into the dock at my desk and use it all day and have a full charge when i left work. I realize not everybody can do that though. Now I live far outside AT&T's coverage, and had to go to Verizon. They have great service, and the Storm is a nice phone, but one way or another I'll be going back to iPhone when I can. Either it comes to Verizon or I move back into AT&T coverage, whichever comes first. And somebody mentioned something about translating your Storm typing skills to the iPhone keyboard? You'd be amazed at the superiority of the iPhone's accuracy not only hitting buttons but in error correction. The click screen sucks for typing (but is good for other things) and the Storm's accuracy and error correction or horrible.
    03-28-09 03:28 AM
    If the iPhone wasn't touch screen I would be posting on an iPhone forum right now. The touch screen is the only thing keeping me with RIM. I love my BB to death because it can do soooo much but the iPhone within the next patch will be able to do almost everything the BB can. Now if only it wasn't touch screen.
    03-28-09 02:36 PM
    This is subjective but after getting used to the touchscreen I would never go back. It's just great having all that screen real estate for pictures, video, whatever. And in my experience the keyboard on the iPhone is great. Best error correction of ANY phone I've ever used.
    03-28-09 07:29 PM
    This is subjective but after getting used to the touchscreen I would never go back. It's just great having all that screen real estate for pictures, video, whatever. And in my experience the keyboard on the iPhone is great. Best error correction of ANY phone I've ever used.
    For me Clint, the keyboard was a drawback. I have very long nails so using the iPhone was slow and tedious. I don't mind so much on the iPT because I rarely use the keyboard.
    03-28-09 08:04 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD