I have the Verizon broadband access managere software on my PC and use my Berry as a modem and love the service, but cannot find out if they support a mac version. Anyone run into this?

Thanks!
    09-04-08 05:01 PM
    I have the Verizon broadband access managere software on my PC and use my Berry as a modem and love the service, but cannot find out if they support a mac version. Anyone run into this?

Thanks!
    I PMed you the link you need to get the latest software for VZAccess Manager. It supports Mac
    OSX 10.3.9*
    OSX 10.4.7*
    OSX 10.5*

Have not yet configured a MAC with the software yet though.
    09-04-08 05:04 PM
    There is No VZAM that will work with a BB and a MAC. Look for yourself.

VZAccess Manager click on the supprted devices link
    09-04-08 05:06 PM
    I went in a while ago to ask a VZW rep about tethering my BB to my laptop and they said it's a NO-GO. I've seen posts in forums that people have had the same issue but then someone posted ways that you can actually do it.
    09-04-08 05:09 PM
    It can be done, but not supported by VZW. You need the additional TEathering feature. This will cost you either $15 or $30, depending on your data plan. THen set up a manual connetion. It might work, it might not. Might even work for a while and then stop.
    09-04-08 05:14 PM
    I tether my Curve to my PC and use VZAccess all the time and it works great. BB not supported on Mac, though.
    09-04-08 05:27 PM
    PC is supported absolutly
    09-04-08 05:33 PM
    Maybe this guide can help with creating a manual connection on a Mac:

• From the Macintosh desktop, click Apple> System Preferences.
    • Click Network.
    • From the Location dropdown list, select New Location.
    • Enter a unique name (e.g. test) then click OK.
    • From the Show dropdown list, select the desired device (e.g. Pantech USB Modem, Qualcomm CDMA Technologies MSM, etc.).
    • From the Modem tab, ensure the Verizon 1xEVDO Modem Script is selected.
    • From the PPP tab, enter the following settings, click Apply Now then click Dial Now:
    • Account name
    • 10-digit MDN@vzw3g.com
    • Password
    • vzw
    • Telephone number
    • Click Connect.
    09-04-08 05:44 PM
    I used to have evdo as a modem but after wiping my mbpro i no longer have it. I have done all the updates. Any help would be appreciated!
    01-26-09 08:22 PM
    I don't know why its not listed on their site, but I randomly found VZAM v.7.0.4 2378g to support the Tour 9630 on Macs. I'm tethered to my Mac workstation right now via the USB cable and 9630 on VZ network.

Nothing special at all, just install the software, reboot, hook the phone up w/ the USB cable and boom .. I'm online and posting to this forum right now.

For some reason the newer version no longer seems to support it but this particular version does. Good luck!
    01-15-10 06:39 PM
    I have searched for the VZAM you listed in your post but I can not find it anywhere? Can you tell me the filename you downloaded and the size of the file so I may find it elsewhere.

I hope to replicate your connection between a MacBook Pro and a BB Tour 9630. Please share with the forum any additional information that might help us.

Thanks.
    03-21-10 05:11 PM
    I have the file handy but need a place to put it as its too large for this site. Got anywhere for me to dump it?
    06-17-10 11:04 AM
    I connect my blackberry to my MacBook Pro via Bluetooth and access the net that way. I pay Verizon for internet service as part of my plan.
    I found out how to do this here on this site....Verizon did not show me how to do this and I can remember how....all I can say is - it can be done, if it couldn't - you would not be reading this !!!
    06-19-10 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD