I have VM installed on my MAC and everytime I try to load an OS on my ATT 8900 it will back up my data and Messages/Emails but when it goes to install a new OS it gives me a crazy error message. Any idea why?

The error I keep getting is Unspecified error encountered [A:0x00000001]

Any help would be amazing!
    08-08-09 08:58 PM
    i've had similar issues with the usb dropping out on the VM. are you using any mac software for the bb? pocketmac or missingsync?
    08-09-09 01:09 AM
    Nope I havnt used either on my MAC because at my old job I had a PC so I would back up and install OS's from the PC. When I left the job I got VM Fusion and windows on my mac.

I noticed it seems when loading the OS it turns off my phones radio and it gets stuck when trying to turn the radio back on to install the OS.
    08-09-09 09:17 AM
    Try using Loader to install OS upgrades instead.

In the VM it will be c/program files/common files/research in motion.

I find that loader works better for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 09:20 AM
    Yeah thats where I am trying to load the OS from Desktop Manager doesnt even see the new OS.

It gets to "Connect to the device ROM" and on the loader bar it says "connecting ram image" and then thats when the error message pops up.

My BB wont turn its radio back on ..... I cant figure out why its having these issues. It did the same when I had a tmobile 8900
    Last edited by jekko1; 08-09-09 at 09:54 AM.
    08-09-09 09:39 AM
    Have you just tried booting into a Bootcamp install?
    08-09-09 12:04 PM
    how do you do that?
    08-09-09 12:10 PM
    i also use vmware, and when i update my os i have to make sure i do not leave the the vmware window, otherwise, when the phone turns back on the mac os will recognize it first and it will not connect to loader
    08-09-09 12:29 PM
    My issue is that when my phone is supposed to turn back on it doesnt turn on until I either pull that battery or like 5 minutes later it resets itself.

It wont let me load though...
    08-09-09 03:03 PM
    how do you do that?
    If you're running Leopard (Intel Mac and 10.5.x) you can install Windows native on your HDD (non-VM installation, although most VM's can read it as well). So you can actually boot into a true Windows installation/version.

It's in your Utilities under BOOTCAMP ASSISTANT.
    08-09-09 11:20 PM
    How do you install windows onto your HDD? I am running 10.5.8
    08-10-09 02:20 PM
    You need a Windows install disk.
    Then go into Utilities, and choose Bootcamp and it will walk you through partitioning yoru drive to give Windows space, and installing it to that partition.

Then when you bootup you can either default into one system, or hold down OPTION and choose which one to boot into.

Right now I have OSX 10.5.8 as my main, and a Snow Leopard build as my 2nd.
    08-11-09 12:15 AM
    I had the same problem loading an os onto an 8900. I had to do it on a pc at work, but my storm loaded with no problems.

I should have used bootcamp to install windows, and used vmware to read from it, but oh well.
    08-11-09 03:07 PM
    The newer devices have issues updating the OS via Virtualization software. I've had to keep an old PC laptop around for my OS updates; hopefully the Mac version of Desktop Manager will let me stop doing that. (although there are rumors that the Mac Desktop Manager won't let you install leaked OSes!)
    08-11-09 04:28 PM
    It's no rumor. They said that they have put some things in place to prevent non-official releases.
    08-11-09 04:46 PM
    If i burn the windows xp iso file i have to a cd would that allow be to use the cd as a boot disk? I am trying to figure out how to get windows to a disk
    08-12-09 09:02 PM
    I didn't use a Disc. I just used an Image for my install(s).
    08-12-09 10:34 PM
    When I go to bootcamp asst and it tries the whole windows partition process it says it cant do it "verification failed. The disk could not be partitioned.
    08-13-09 10:12 PM
    How many have used VirtualBox for their VM? I've been playing around with it for past couple of hours and seems not bad. I have Parallels installed and been using that for past few months but thought I would give VB a try.

Those that use it, any tips you've discovered while connecting it with DM?

Update: My only complaint so far is once it's connected to DM it drops the connection and never regains it back. I see the PIN is listed and select Backup and start the process (I get the bar window) and things just stop. Very confusing.

Sure can't wait for the Mac DM to be leaked or released in September. Anyone running it care to share more good news about some recent updates to keep us Mac users in suspense for a couple more weeks?
    Last edited by murrayj5; 08-13-09 at 10:31 PM.
    08-13-09 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD