07-04-09 11:10 AM
44 12
tools
    My first OS update via fusion ...... jump from .162 to 217.. feels good
    01-17-09 02:33 PM
    yes

i am a mac newbie and this was fast and ez.

vm fusion is great (never used parallels) but all i can say is this works how i need it to work.
    01-20-09 09:01 PM
    Parallels has a nicer looking "feel" to it but I could never get easy USB connection with either my former 8830 or the Storm. VMWare Fusion works fast and easy. Nice to have both worlds. And I use XP. Vista is the reason I switched to Mac (and glad I did). Have a solid and fast OS like Mac is worth the sync headaches with Blackberry.
    01-21-09 01:11 PM
    +1 for Fusion.

I tried both recently and I couldnt get BB Dekstop Manger to work properly, but VMWare Fusion is great so far.
    01-21-09 02:07 PM
    Everytime i try to install the Desktop Software on my WinXp via VMFusion .. i get an error saying it can't install cuz my Windows is in Safe Mode.

Did any of you have this problem ?
    I had that same exact problem when I was using parallels with XP Pro, then I went and downloaded VMWare Fusion and it went away.

Odd.
    01-21-09 02:18 PM
    I pitched Parallels 4.0 and "upgraded" to the newest version on Fusion, and wow, the new Fusion is so much better then the past, I am in love...
    01-21-09 06:32 PM
    I've been having trouble with Pocketmac corrupting my address book. It acts like it syncs fine and offers no warnings. But some changes are applied. Some are not. Some new contacts are added. Some are not. I am now syncing contacts thru VM fusion into Outlook. Then when I sync to Entourage I have the Storm overwrite Entourage. But it doesn't really. Creates duplicates. Sure wish RIM would step up and fix this blankity blank problem.
    01-24-09 02:22 PM
    I pitched Parallels 4.0 and "upgraded" to the newest version on Fusion, and wow, the new Fusion is so much better then the past, I am in love...
    Awesome...
    I keep hearing this more and more...
    01-24-09 02:38 PM
    VM is by far better...
    01-24-09 03:12 PM
    VMware Fusion here. Parallels never worked right for me (resource HOG).
    Last edited by skwij; 01-24-09 at 09:39 PM.
    01-24-09 08:16 PM
    I've been having trouble with Pocketmac corrupting my address book. It acts like it syncs fine and offers no warnings. But some changes are applied. Some are not. Some new contacts are added. Some are not. I am now syncing contacts thru VM fusion into Outlook. Then when I sync to Entourage I have the Storm overwrite Entourage. But it doesn't really. Creates duplicates. Sure wish RIM would step up and fix this blankity blank problem.
    when i sync entourage with my bold no problem the first time , then i realized that my new contacts were not added in entourage anymore!.. i uninstall pocket mac but no luck.. i simply gave up and use only outlook adn dm via fusion and never get this problem anymore..
    01-25-09 12:16 PM
    Just wondering, my trial will be almost over, the license is 79.99 USD... anyone have a promo coupon? or aware about any promo before i check in?
    01-25-09 12:21 PM
    Hello!! I'm new to the Mac users and I have XP thru vmfusionware. I have installed the driver for my BB but when I pull it up thru My Computer, it does not recognize my BB when I have it plugged thru either USB port.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I have been going thru all of the troubleshooting XP provides and I have not found a conclusion.

Please help!
    06-23-09 11:50 PM
    Hello!! I'm new to the Mac users and I have XP thru vmfusionware. I have installed the driver for my BB but when I pull it up thru My Computer, it does not recognize my BB when I have it plugged thru either USB port.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I have been going thru all of the troubleshooting XP provides and I have not found a conclusion.

Please help!
    Make sure that you have the USB port enabled under settings on the VMWare program.
    06-24-09 12:17 AM
    Also if you have ever installed PocketMac or MissingSync you need to disable them in Activity Monitor, as those processes hijack the USB connection(s).

Just open Activity Monitor and filter via Missing and/or Pocket, kill the processes, and then plug in the Berry while Windows is your active (front) window.
    06-26-09 07:16 AM
    ok -- looks like I'm getting VMFusion for my Mac. What Windows do I get? I only need to use Windows for downloading a couple of files a month and with the Blackberry. I went the Fusion site and couldn't find a simple list of what Windows versions to get.

Lehane
    06-26-09 11:11 AM
    Funny, i found parallels much faster than vm..
    06-26-09 07:58 PM
    ok -- looks like I'm getting VMFusion for my Mac. What Windows do I get? I only need to use Windows for downloading a couple of files a month and with the Blackberry. I went the Fusion site and couldn't find a simple list of what Windows versions to get.

Lehane
    I've got XPpro and Vista Ultimate in my virtual machine, and I find that XPpro works far better.
    06-27-09 10:28 PM
    supposedly, tiny2003 is supposed to be the best of all (better than tiny xp). but finding the tiny xp or tiny vista (or lite xp/vista) install versions. these are stripped down versions that allow installs to be fast, take up a fraction of hard drive space, and give you the essentials to keep going.

I still have a few windows only programs that I must manage, so I can open a windows desktop just like I open up skype or any other mac program. and when i want to shut down, just close it out.

Oh, VMware Fusion is my choice. Never tried parallels. Read the reviews and saw that VMware 2.x blew parallels away. unless someone can give me a compelling reason to switch right away, i'll try parallels when i get some free time.

btw, i mostly use tiny xp, sp2
    07-04-09 11:10 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD