But I am tired and want to get this done so I can wake up and have a working phone in the morning (I am in Europe right now, so it is late). And I googled - clearly unsuccessfully and the first two pages of this Mac forum is full of very specific problems, or I am just missing something.

I wiped the OS off of my phone, so I am getting a 507 error.
    I have never upgraded my OS using my Mac.
    I have the Blackberry Desktop manager, updated etc.

Where am I supposed to download the OS? Just whatever one is released with Rogers, I don't care. All I can find is the .exe, which I thought it just for PC, unless I am missing something and I can use that with my Blackberry desktop manager.

Yes, I know I sound like an ***** and I feel like I shouldn't even have a BB at this point, but my ex got me into this and he used to do everything for me, so now I am lost.
    12-01-09 09:53 PM
    Anyone with .rar file for 9000??? A released version?
    12-01-09 10:27 PM
    plug in your phone. go into desktop manager and click on applications.

click on "check for updates"

click on "show other versions"

a box should come up with some choices. my storm 2 says 5.0.0.320 (Current Version - Reload)

click select

click Reload and let it do its thing. i havent gotten any further than this so im not sure what the steps are from there.

good luck.
    12-01-09 10:43 PM
    Thanks for replying.

However when I plug my phone in, it says "waiting for device to start" and eventually it says that it couldn't connect. So I can't click on applications.

Maybe I should let you know how my OS got wiped in the first place.
    I connected my phone to my Mac and it wanted to do some updates, I went for it, the whole "Do not disconnect your device wile updating" popped up, but then when I was in the middle of updating it said it was no longer connected, even though physically it was connected, the phone was on my desk and it didn't even move.

Anyone?
    12-01-09 10:55 PM
    try this post: hxxp://forums.crackberry.com/f62/how-un-brick-blackberry-mac-336488/

change xx to tt since im under 10 posts....
    12-01-09 11:27 PM
    On "how to un-brick" I get stuck at #5.

5. After about 5 min or so DM will prompt you for the password to your device if you have one. From there it will ask you what OS you want to load onto the device. It will then begin the process of Downloading the files.

After a few minutes it says Blackberry DM could not connect to the device. Which is the exact same message that started this **** in the first place. Help!
    12-02-09 08:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD