ok i know this topic has been covered a hundred times--but i have still yet to find a simple answer.

what i have:
    verizon curve 8330
    macbook pro

what i want:
    to synch CONTACTS--dont care about calendar or any of the fancy stuff, just want to keep my contacts on my computer in case my phone crashes (its already freaked and erased my call logs/texts/bbm convos--cannot lose contacts too!)

what i need:
    software (free) and instructions on how to accomplish this. ive tried the pocketmac-couldnt find these elusive drivers-is there any simple way or SPECIFIC steps to find, downloand, install, run, and sync this *#*$)#* phone to my mac? why cant they just get along???

much appreciation for anyone who has a simple and effective solution!!
    08-26-08 05:45 PM
    Do a battery pull on your BB and restart your Macbook then it should work. that's what I had to do. I'm assuming you downloaded the latest version of PocketMac 1.2 from BB website.
    Do you have a memory card in your BB? if so do you see it on your desktop?

Goodluck!
    08-27-08 12:34 AM
    Pocket Mac IS the answer. The elusive drivers are right below the Pocket Mac download file on the RIM download page. Uninstall the current version on your Mac. Do a search and also delete those pesky files that won't leave with the uninstall. Download the newest version of Pocket Mac (don't start it up) then download the driver update. Make sure mass storage is "on" on you BB and the phone is plugged in via USB before you start up Pocket Mac. It should now recognize you phone. This is what I had to do with my Intel MacBook Pro.
    08-27-08 04:36 PM
    Any chance someone can update this response for the latest version of PocketMac on the BB website? They took down the prior version (there is no driver update available). I've downloaded, installed, deleted and re-downloaded, installed and deleted the new version several times with the same result--it does not find my BB on the Mac and the sync freezes (Error 04). The new version of PocketMac does not fix the problem!
    08-29-08 09:56 AM
    yes! what bygreen said! you can only download the previous version of pocketmac--the new version says "download software" but there isnt actually a link to click to download any such software...nor are there drivers available...

does anyone have a real valid actual link? or the name of the exact version to download, along with the names/file numbers of the necessary drivers?

this is maddening and it seems alot of people are having similar issues, however the solutions only work for a select few....
    09-12-08 05:27 AM
    Any chance someone can update this response for the latest version of PocketMac on the BB website? They took down the prior version (there is no driver update available). I've downloaded, installed, deleted and re-downloaded, installed and deleted the new version several times with the same result--it does not find my BB on the Mac and the sync freezes (Error 04). The new version of PocketMac does not fix the problem!
    Here are the instructions right from the Blackberry website to uninstall pocketmac. After you have uninstalled it download the most recent version of the Blackberry websites.

Procedure
    To completely uninstall PocketMac for BlackBerry smartphones, complete the following steps:

Log in to the Apple Macintosh computer with an account that has administrator-level permissions.
    Open the hard drive icon on the computer.
    From the left menu bar, select Applications, and then open PocketMac Sync Manager.
    Click Uninstall PocketMac.
    When prompted to continue uninstalling PocketMac, click Yes.
    When the uninstall process is complete, click Quit.
    Open the hard drive icon on the computer.
    Select the Users folder. The current user is indicated by the Home icon.
    Click the Home icon to continue.
    Open the Library folder, and then open the Preferences folder.
    Delete the PocketMacBlackberry.plist file.
    Delete the PocketMacAdvancedPreferenceData.plist file.
    Delete the PocketMacSyncManager.plist file.
    Open the Library folder, and then open the Application Support folder.
    Delete the PocketMac and PocketMacSyncManager folders.
    Empty the Trash from the Dock by right-clicking and selecting Empty Trash.
    Restart the Apple Macintosh computer.
    09-12-08 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD