Ok,

this may have been covered before and I did search but I really am too new at this BB thing to understand it all. I just got my 8830 curve through verizon and i have a macbook (not pro). How do I go about connecting them as I go the normal message of skipping or not found when trying to connect to the pocketmac. I would greatly appreciate any help.

Benjamin
    08-15-08 12:22 AM
    Please read the forums, as this has been covered MANY MANY times.

Also to note the Curve is model #8330 and the World Edition is 8830.
    08-15-08 08:41 AM
    Hey,

I've read the other ones and can't even seem to find the updates on the list of downloads from pocketmac. Also, which is the most current pocketmac? Direct links would be greatly appreciated.
    08-16-08 07:35 AM
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry for Mac

Try uninstalling and then reinstalling pocketmac. See if that works! the link at the top should give you the latest version.
    08-16-08 07:54 AM
    Or you could trade you BB in for a device whose maker actually cares about its Mac customers. BB has had plenty of time to write good and fully functional software for Mac.

I am so SICK of jumping through 1,000 hoops to tether via bluetooth, which is still very unreliable, no USB tether option, no firmware update option, and sync that often results in duplicate entries.

If it weren't for the great discount I have with Verizon, and the lousy discount I have with AT&T I'd be gone already.
    08-17-08 07:04 AM
    Yeah, my pocket mac worked at first with my 8330 Curve from Verizon and then one day it stopped. I deleted it and reinstalled it. Still not working.
    What next?
    08-26-08 09:00 PM
    Yeah, my pocket mac worked at first with my 8330 Curve from Verizon and then one day it stopped. I deleted it and reinstalled it. Still not working.
    What next?
    Download and install the newest version. It should work just fine for ya!
    08-26-08 09:53 PM
    Latest version of PocketMac is working flawlessly for me...
    08-26-08 10:02 PM
    Latest version of PocketMac is working flawlessly for me...
    Now this is what I like to see. I had yet to install PM because of so many problems other people were reporting. As long as I have a PC to hook up to I didnt worry too much about it.
    08-26-08 10:07 PM
    Now this is what I like to see. I had yet to install PM because of so many problems other people were reporting. As long as I have a PC to hook up to I didnt worry too much about it.
    Exactly Lex!! I despised the old PocketMac

I absolutely abhorred it and when I heard it mentioned, I literally cringed!!

I decided, what the hey... might as well check out the new version. And, to my surprise, it has be a pleasant experience.

Don't get me wrong, I still run Windows XP Pro SP3 on a virtual machine using VMWare Fusion... so I can backup, restore and load OSes.

But, PocketMac is at least more stable and usable now!!
    08-26-08 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD