is it possible to use pocketmac to install OS updates?

if not, how would you do it otherwise?
    06-28-08 10:17 PM
    unfortunately, the only program to update the os is the DM from RIM and that only runs on windows.

trust me it sucks, i am still running an os three updates old and have no way to update
    06-28-08 11:52 PM
    unfortunately, the only program to update the os is the DM from RIM and that only runs on windows.

trust me it sucks, i am still running an os three updates old and have no way to update
    What type of mac do you use? also if you have mac OS 10.5 (leopard) you can get a copy of vista or xp, and run bootcamp to partition your hard drive, then its like you have two computers in one, one windows, one mac. So you can run DM on your windows side and have it just for your Blackberry. Its what I do, and it has saved me a lot of hassel and a lot of crappy mac syncing software.
    06-30-08 03:38 AM

Yup truly sucks!!

I am still in process of grovelling to the wife to let me install DTM on her work windows laptop!!

"but its my work laptop and they wont like it" is the standard response LOL!

I will crack it though!! as the saying goes "if in doubt install and hide.......while she is out"
    06-30-08 04:12 AM
    What type of mac do you use? also if you have mac OS 10.5 (leopard) you can get a copy of vista or xp, and run bootcamp to partition your hard drive, then its like you have two computers in one, one windows, one mac. So you can run DM on your windows side and have it just for your Blackberry. Its what I do, and it has saved me a lot of hassel and a lot of crappy mac syncing software.
    yeah, i know about parallels/vmware software and bootcamp. I just have never gotten the balls to spend the couple hundred bucks for a copy of windows.
    06-30-08 07:11 AM
    I am a proud Mac User and have been my whole life

When it comes down to my Berry, to make this story short, I use Windows!!

This saves a ton of unneccessary hassle and frustration. Attempting to get things working 100% on your Mac is a pain in the a$$ and is not even possible! PocketMac is troublesome and irritating and Missing Sync is not FREE and not fully capable of backing up your device and loading OS updartes, etc. So, basically, there is no complete solution to sync your Berry with your Mac, and it can be quite infuriating!!

That being said...

yeah, i know about parallels/vmware software and bootcamp. I just have never gotten the balls to spend the couple hundred bucks for a copy of windows.
    I highly recommend using either a different computer (running Windows) or using some alternative to get Windows on your Mac. I have used Boot Camp, Parallels and Fusion (currently running Fusion with XP Pro SP3). As for dishing out the money for a copy of XP, it sucks... so find an alternative method to obtain the OS
    06-30-08 07:19 AM
    How bout going to the carrier(Sprint) store? will they do it there?
    10-03-08 09:53 AM
    How bout going to the carrier(Sprint) store? will they do it there?
    If they can do it in the store, they would only install whichever version was officially sanctioned by Sprint at the time. Pretty sure that would NOT be 4.5 i.e. latest version (certainly isn't for Verizon)...
    10-03-08 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD