Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced the disappearing media phenomenon. I've used pocketsync, then tried missing sync 2.0x (latest version, I bought it yesterday) and finally tried doubleTwist. DoubleTwist is the only way to reliably sync tunes i've found without the music disappearing randomly after either disconnecting or a batterypull. Very annoying. I think I've actually changed modes so that mass storage is off right now and that seems to have helped in actually being able to play music on my storm. This is my 2nd new unit (same storage card, maybe thats an issue?) and this has been a consistent problem. DoubleTwist, like I said works but its a pain because you can only really copy 15-20 songs at a time or it will lock up and freeze.

If anybody has some thoughts on this I'd appreciate it. I searched around but haven't really found any info related to this issue.

Also I've experienced this issue mainly with .113 and .132, straight installs though I didn't opt to put like games and extra crap like that on during the upgrade process.

Thanks,

-bravo
    04-30-09 07:16 PM
    When you have you're phone in mass storage mode, an icon should appear on your desktop for a Mac as if the phone were just an external hard drive. Double click the icon and you'll have access to all the folders and media on your media card. Just copy and paste your media from the Mac into here and you'll be golden. I've never tried using any of those programs and I haven't had any problems doing it this way
    04-30-09 10:13 PM
    I've had this same issue too. And I've done the whole copy and pasting music thing, all 2,030 of them. every time i get between 800 and 1,900 of them copied over, the rest disappear. And usually after a day of having the files on my phone, they randomly disappear again. Really frustrating. Any ideas how to fix this?
    05-27-09 03:09 AM
    are some of your files DRM protected?
    05-27-09 03:11 AM
    not that i nkow of. its totally random. sometimes they'll load up, sometimes they wont. i just need to find a friend with stupid Windows
    05-27-09 04:13 AM
    I've been using Missing Sync for a while and haven't noticed any problems with disappearing music. Personally, I've been very satisfied w/ the 2.x version of Missing Sync. Might want to double-check that you're using the latest and greatest release, though. I've used it on everything since .75 using BBCM hybrids, Lyric's 5.0 hybrids and the non-hybrid leaks and haven't had a problem with any of them except for the 5.0 hybrids. I only used the 5.0 hybrid for a short time, so I didn't invest a lot of time in investigating why it didn't work for me, because other Missing Sync users have been able to use it with the 5.0 hybrids. Must've just been something specific to my phone.

I'll have to check out DoubleTwist, though, just to check it out. Hadn't even heard of that one before!
    05-27-09 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD