Hi,
    I want you guys who uses BlackBerry and Mac book both.
    Im considering to buy Mac Book Pro, but I know there isnt perfect harmony between those two like BB and PC. I want you to let me know some issues you think I should know before buying mac. Now im using PC so ill be grateful if you can compare:
    -Desktop Manager How it works on Mac, and if there are some features that are different from PC.
    -Upgrade/Downgrade OS.
    -Syncing Calendar and Contacts.

Thanks!
    07-06-10 01:06 AM
    The only issue I had had is when trying to update the OS. I believe you can update official OS releases from your carrier (my girlfriends bb does but mine doesn't) but theres no way to update with any unofficial OS releases.
    07-06-10 01:27 PM
    Sync for calendar and contacts is fine really. Not a huge difference there.

As rbayford said, only official carrier upgrades can be done using DM for Mac.

It works the same way with a different interface. Not as much options for customization as the PC version.

Honestly, what I would do is once you get the Mac, use DM for Mac for the normal syncs: calendar, notes, contact, etc.

Put Windows on your computer with Boot Camp, and have DM for Windows for all the things that DM Mac cannot do.
    07-07-10 10:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD