Connected my 8830 to BB DM for mac tonight. told me there was a software update. Did the update and now I have completely lost my browser. It tells me that "your device does not currently have any Browser configuration service book entries. Please contact your service provider to enable the browser on your device"

What the heck happened? And how do I get the browser back?
    12-17-09 07:20 PM
    just resend your service books....which should be done anyway when you upgrade the software.
    12-17-09 07:58 PM
    just resend your service books....which should be done anyway when you upgrade the software.
    Yeah after I restarted my heart I found that and sent them. I hate how it erases all my settings when there is an update.

Another question for you: why do my alarms "delete" in my calendar after syncing? They are still in the ical but not in my calendar on my BB.

Even if someone sends me an invite to a mtg that has an alarm included it does not "create" in my calendar.
    12-17-09 08:04 PM
    Yeah after I restarted my heart I found that and sent them. I hate how it erases all my settings when there is an update.

Another question for you: why do my alarms "delete" in my calendar after syncing? They are still in the ical but not in my calendar on my BB.

Even if someone sends me an invite to a mtg that has an alarm included it does not "create" in my calendar.
    It's your sync settings. You have you Mac "to win" and it just overrides whatever is on you phone, after it pulls new info. Set it up as a "give/take" and you should be good to go.
    12-18-09 01:46 AM
    It's your sync settings. You have you Mac "to win" and it just overrides whatever is on you phone, after it pulls new info. Set it up as a "give/take" and you should be good to go.
    Ok not sure if I'm understanding right so I'll say it this way,
    Someone sends me an email invite to by BB email address that has an alarm.

The alarm is not "taking" when it is saved to the BB calendar. However, when I enter an appointment in ical with an alarm the alarm is on my mac, but again not on my bb calendar after I sync.

So, does that change what you were saying to do?

Also, ever since the update last night, when I delete an email on my BB it used to say: "delete on BB" -or- "deleted on BB and macmail box" -or- "cancel". Now it just says delete. Any ideas how to get this back?
    12-18-09 02:29 PM
    delete option should be under options > general for email.
    12-21-09 04:48 PM
    click on email>options>general options>confirm delete (yes)
    12-21-09 06:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD