02-08-08 11:51 PM
30 12
    I have been toying with this idea for a while. Well tonight I was in Best Buy, and low and behold, a shinny new Apple display! I fooled around with a few, MacBook AIR, MacBook MacBook Pro, iMac.
    I have a desktop pc, but really want a laptop, but I'm digging the iMac.
    More than likely if I do leap, it will be a laptop. So, my question is which one?
    The MacBook Air doesn't have a cd/dvd drive or speakers, so that is out of the question, so it's between the MacBook and MacBook Pro. Leaning toward the PRO do to screen size. If I go with the PRO it will be the 15.4 screen.
    Now the only difference I can see between the two I looked at was 120 vs 160 gig HD and 2.2 vs 2.4GHz. Both had 2gig of ram. One was 1999 the other 2499. I don't need the extra 40gig of HD, so is it worth the extra 500 to gain only 2GHz?
    Anything else I should know?
    Thanks for any input. I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions one I buy!
    Here are the two:
    Compare Products
    02-07-08 10:36 PM
    The MacBook Air actually does have speakers, you just can't see them. You can buy the external superdrive or use the optical drive of another PC or Mac.

I'd say you need to compate the two and decide which one suits you more.
    02-08-08 01:55 PM
    Well it's all mute now.
    Sitting in front of a 17" MacBook Pro!

Why can't I resist anything shinny!

Now to figure this thing out.
    Load software, sync BB, get a Latte! Oops did I say that!
    02-08-08 03:36 PM
    Fantastic! Enjoy your new Mac. You will soon have another addiction!
    02-08-08 06:30 PM
    I feel your pain man. But hey, it's definitely worth the wait. I got my MacBook Pro about a year and a half ago, and it's probably the most important item that I have, besides my cell phone. I use it for primarily for Music Production. The appearance is another story, Apple never fails to provide superb beauty to all products.
    02-08-08 11:51 PM
30 12