Hey guys,

I have been searching for some more definitive answers regarding this. I have seen a few people briefly describing the process and i would really like to be able to do this. VMWare fusion has been problems.

"actually you can install leaked OS with Mac DM as well. All you have to do is have Mac DM download the latest OS (in this case .40 for 9630) and then replace the CDMA and Java folders with the respective folders/files from the leaked OS." -- SurrealCivic Had posted that, hope i don't offend anyone by quoting.

and was hoping i could get an explanation of how to get the mac DM to download the latest os. And where in the mac the JAVA and CDMA folders would be located. I've been doing everything through VMWare Fusion and its been nothing but a pain. I have the newer operating system java and cdma folders already extracted and on my desktop. I guess im just looking for a little more detail if someone who has gone through the process gets some time.

Thanks in advance guys!
    09-17-09 03:02 PM
    i need an answer to this too.

bump.
    09-17-09 09:35 PM
    mann you guys cant WAITT to brick a phone... leaked DM ANDDD you want to uploaded a LEAKED os on top?? iono if this is possible, either way i would wait

i have the leaked DM for mac and i havnt had ANY problems updating my 8320 via the DM but you guys are asking for it IMO lol

best of luck,

Chef
    09-23-09 06:21 AM
    does anyone have a answer to the ... i need to update my os for my 8900 using [Mac Desktop Manager]
    09-23-09 04:19 PM
    It looks like it is gonna be possible or is now possible to do this, HOWEVER there is a reason nobody has posted a detailed walkthrough yet and that's cause its just to messy at the moment, I have tried it and had a little sucess but it did not work 100 percent. Trust me as soon as this is up and running you won't have look for the how to it will be all over CB in the form of a 101 guide , sticky and prob homepage blog too.

If you can't wait (like me) have a mess with it yourself, just make sure everything is backed up and you have a windows machine to revive your berry

Hope this helps

Bodisaffa

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-09 01:27 AM
    Has anyone had any luck with downloading a leaked OS and running it through the Mac DM yet?
    09-29-09 08:49 AM
    was wondering this as well... if someone could point us in the right direction would be cool..
    09-29-09 03:53 PM
    BUMP!!!

can someone please help us out here?!?!
    09-29-09 10:38 PM
    i just d.led the new leak, idk what to do now
    09-29-09 10:42 PM
    the file is an .exe ...

I'm new to Mac and completely stuck, either way, i'm very happy with .190 so no prob if i cant upgrade.
    09-30-09 09:04 AM
    Maybe the 2nd when the new mac dm comes out, there will be a way to do this less "messy"

*Keeps fingers crossed*

Thanks bodisaffa, yea, i've already gone through the bricking procedure cuz its messy. I don't mind going through it. Was just hoping one of the more Tech saavy guys on here could give me the down and dirty on doing it. But i suppose ill see what the Official Release of DM for Mac has to offer.
    Last edited by bondguy399; 09-30-09 at 07:29 PM.
    09-30-09 07:25 PM
    Does anyone know where it stores the OS CDMA and Java folders? that's the first big step, if you can find that it's probably just a matter of getting someone to install the exe on windows and sending you those folders, then inserting them into where the OS files are stored.

I poked around the library for a bit but i couldn't find anything
    10-02-09 12:50 PM
    bump.. i wanna install the new os for 8900 but i cant on newly available desktop manager
    10-03-09 03:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD