I know you guys probably read about this before, but I couldn't find anything helpful with the search button.
    So, here's my question, I have a Bold 9700 and a Mac, and they go great together, sometimes, when I connect my bold to the laptop it automatically uploads the firmware, the only thing I have to do is clicking ok. I don't know how it works, have no idea why it's doing that (maybe is a carrier setting?), but it works fine for me.
    Now, I am currently running the .656 firmware and I would try the .743
    Last time I wanted to upgrade on my own I used a pc, but since I've noticed the Mac DM can do firmware upgrading I was wondering if there's a way to force it to use the firmware I want to install, without waiting that my carrier (if I am right saying that it changes the firmware when my carrier decides to upgrade) moves to the .743

Thanks to everybody who will try to answer my question!
    Have a nice weekend!
    07-16-10 07:50 AM
    Macs can only upgrade to your carrier's own official OS builds.

If you want to load any other OS, you'll have to use a PC

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-10 08:02 AM
    That sucks, why shouldn't they allow us to put the firmware we want on ours BB??thank you for the answer though,I appreciated it!
    If anyone knows some tricks to make the mac firmware upload possible, that would be great!

07-16-10 09:35 AM
    I think it has to do with OS download files not being compatible with Mac OS. The DM for Mac upgrade does an internet upgrade.
    07-16-10 10:34 AM
    I was figuring out the same thing whether a mac can upgrade other os and what I did finally is to use windows through vmware on my mac to do the upgrade manually.

07-16-10 12:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD