I downloaded the new 9530 leak but I'm not sure what to do next. I have desktop manager for mac. HELP PLZ. I've done it about 5 times before but it was on a PC.
    05-04-10 05:41 PM
    Desktop manager for Mac automatically reads the list of official OS releases for your carrier and will only download and install those releases.

That being said, I'm pretty sure you can change the preferences to trick the DM into downloading a different carrier's list, but idk
    Last edited by grahamf; 05-04-10 at 05:59 PM.
    05-04-10 05:53 PM
    The problem is that the OS file you're trying to use is a Windows executable file (.exe) which your Mac can't read. The only (easy) way to upgrade to non-official OSes on a Mac is to not use a Mac, or to run Windows via Bootcamp or something similar.
    05-05-10 12:33 AM
    Thanks for reply....
    05-05-10 01:51 PM
    There was a thread in the Mac section where somebody was converting .exe OS's to .dmg for use with the Mac DM. Not sure if that project is still going on though,
    05-05-10 02:15 PM
    It's not. You can do it yourself by installing the .exe files on a pc, zipping them, moving them to the mac, and unpackaging them in the right folder.

But if you're already at a PC, you should just be doing it there.

But yeah, Bootcamp is the best way to do it.

With Windows7...I don't like Windows, but damn that's a pretty nice OS...(I use BootCamp with Windows 7 Ultimate )
    05-05-10 02:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD