really would like to try 5.0 or one of the 5.0 hybrids on my 8330 but i have a mac and cant seem to figure out how or if there is a way? i only see .exe and no mac installers to run so is this impossible? do i need to find someone who will let me use there pc? or am i just not seeing how?
    01-06-10 09:14 PM
    I feel your pain; I can't back up my BB OS (I use Missing Sync, which doesn't allow backing up OS, etc) so I am afraid to update. You can update OTA thru your phone, it takes about 2 hours. I've read about a lot of people who had many problems after updating, so without being able to backup my phone, i am very reluctant to make the leap.
    01-06-10 09:33 PM
    So I can upgrade to 5.0 ota?? How??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 09:36 PM
    I have the same problem. I'm running Tiger which doesn't support BB software, but to be honest, other than upgrading software, BB desktop app doesn't appear to have any great use. I use a friend's PC to update the software, and the rest of the time keep the phone in mass storage mode so you can add/delete mp3s, pics, etc. I can even pop wallpapers on it.

Alternatively you can upgrade to leopard. Last time I upgrade my system I downloaded a torrent and it worked perfectly. I took a while for it to come in though.
    01-07-10 06:26 AM
    ya bdm for mac works good other than not being able to upgrade os

01-07-10 09:05 AM
    did you try a search?

here it is for ya
    01-07-10 11:08 AM
    If u notice all the replys to that are saying it doesn't work and the youtube video was deleted by user so obviosuly that's not right

01-07-10 11:28 AM
    If u notice all the replys to that are saying it doesn't work and the youtube video was deleted by user so obviosuly that's not right

worked for me...LOL Been running the hybrid for several months, no issues...still up level from the recently released .175.
    01-07-10 05:11 PM
    The video would have been nice but how do I get the files all I find is the .exe for 5.0 I need the files for this to work or at least that's what I got from the instructions

01-07-10 05:16 PM
    Correct..you do need to extract the .exe files...I found the ones I needed on this site...someone had uploaded a rar file which I could extract and put on the mac. Find the rar file....for your device
    01-07-10 06:54 PM
    Sweet I didn't know if there was .rar files I'm gunna try this when I get home thanks for the help

01-07-10 06:56 PM
    01-08-10 11:02 AM
    why not use VirtualBox and run WinXp virtualized?

that's what i did to make life simpler. there are ways to install unofficial updates using bdm, but no matter what, it all comes back to having to use a Windows machine to extract the OS files no matter what method you use.
    01-08-10 01:46 PM
    just wanna see if anybody ever open .exe on a mac like i did
    using CrossOver?

From the trial version, i was able to install that exe and open
    the new OS Java folder and could see all the .cod files.

and one more thing i heard that after u copy the .cod files into
    your bb device app folder you should delete the folder? so that once u
    open the bbdm > applications > update it will ask to download
    the correct update files. just want to be sure.
    01-08-10 09:13 PM
    and one more thing i heard that after u copy the .cod files into
    your bb device app folder you should delete the folder? so that once u
    open the bbdm > applications > update it will ask to download
    the correct update files. just want to be sure.
    Don't know about that...I didn't! I use bootcamp to extract the cod files from the exe.
    01-09-10 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD