Hello

Is there a tutorial or some instruction out there in the Universe on how to upgrade the OS for us Mac users? I have a Curve 8320 that I just got in May but apparently my OS (4.2x) is already horribly passe and I need to upgrade.

Any help is appreciated.

- Tania
    12-19-08 06:32 PM
    Sorry no there isn't. It's not possible to upgrade the OS on a device natively in Mac. You would need to install virtualization software like Bootcamp and install windows in order to do so.
    12-19-08 07:00 PM
    (@ RIM)

Ok, thanks....

(iphone in 5...4...3...)
    12-19-08 07:06 PM
    (@ RIM)

Ok, thanks....

(iphone in 5...4...3...)
    Naw..
    Take it in and get it upgraded... they do it for free....
    I'd have a iPhone in a HEARTBEAT if ATT didn't' suck so bad.. but you know what...? I'm digging this Storm...
    12-20-08 06:07 PM
    so if I take my BB9000 into ATT, they will update my software to whatever is currently out?

anyone know which OS ATT currently is using for the Bold?
    12-21-08 04:43 PM
    so if I take my BB9000 into ATT, they will update my software to whatever is currently out?

anyone know which OS ATT currently is using for the Bold?
    Verizon did it for me on my enV's and my Voyagers...

I'm failing to see the gains in doing this upgrade.. ?
    I just got my Storm 4 days ago and it's working great.. What are the benifits of doing this upgrade?
    12-21-08 05:22 PM
    Get to a PC, download and install Desktop Manager, the OS to install and my utility CrackMem and you are off and running. It is the ONLY way to do the job right. Mac can't do it and AT&T will probably hand you back a non-optimized phone.
    12-21-08 05:23 PM
    Att will not update your software. You have to do it from a pc.
    12-22-08 12:14 AM
    What does this new software do ? That are the improvements? Why should I do it? I hear nothing but issues... Why isn't it on my auto update on my Storm?
    12-22-08 11:29 AM
    For the record, Sprint won't upgrade my 8330 phone with the latest OS.
    12-26-08 05:25 PM
    What does this new software do ? That are the improvements? Why should I do it? I hear nothing but issues... Why isn't it on my auto update on my Storm?
    Good question. All software has problems and bugs as any Mac user knows very well.

BlackBerrys are the same. You make the phone do something and it does it wrong. You fix this and make it do something else. This causes problems with what you just fixed and anyway the new feture does not work proprly ad has to be fixed so, you fix..... and so it goes on.

I think that the Blackberry OS is about as complex as Windows 3.0 and it has features and it has bugs. Later versions are a lot less buggy that earlier versions but they all have bugs just like your Macs. With each release, things tend to get better. The problems occur less with releasd by carrier software but they are still there. I am running OS 4.5.0.110 on my 8310 and it is prett solid and gives me no troube at all.

My advise is to read the threads and pick a version that looks in your judgement to be stable enough for daily use.

Auto update will only show up if your carrier has released a new version. Most of what goes on here is un-carrier-released software.
    12-26-08 05:34 PM
    All the mac people just need to install XP on their macs and just be happy... Maybe I should make a post on this...
    12-29-08 10:14 AM
    All the mac people just need to install XP on their macs and just be happy... Maybe I should make a post on this...
    Not in a million years! There is a reason why I got a Mac.

Blackberry really needs to step up and make Mac compatible software. This lack of Mac support is the only thing that has ruined my new Crackberry obesession.

JD
    12-30-08 10:11 AM
    Not in a million years! There is a reason why I got a Mac.

Blackberry really needs to step up and make Mac compatible software. This lack of Mac support is the only thing that has ruined my new Crackberry obesession.

JD
    I agree.. but I got XP on there to do the updates on the OS is all.. lol
    Come to Cali, I'll update your OS for ya
    12-30-08 12:30 PM
    Supposedly, in Q1 or Q2 2009, RIM will release an equivalent of DM for Macs. Then we won't have to rely on VMware or Parallels or BC with a windows Xp or worse, Vista, loaded on our pristine Macs!
    12-30-08 08:45 PM
    Supposedly, in Q1 or Q2 2009, RIM will release an equivalent of DM for Macs. Then we won't have to rely on VMware or Parallels or BC with a windows Xp or worse, Vista, loaded on our pristine Macs!
    VISTA?
    NEVER !!!
    12-31-08 12:29 AM
    I really hope it's Q1 that RIM releases something for Mac, it would be so much easier.
    01-02-09 08:11 PM
    Blackberry really needs to step up and make Mac compatible software.
    JD
    dind ding ding .... hello RIM...anyone there... geez ...At this rate..DM will be released this time in 2010.......Sux to be us,....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 02:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD