Hi
    I am currently using Mac OSX 10.8 on a G4 Power PC with BDTM 1.0.1 to SUCCESSFULLY sync / backup my Curve 8900.

I am going to upgrade my machine to a new iMac running 10.6

Can anyone help with suggestions as to the best way to ensure continued success - apart from making the obvious backups before I start.

i.e. Download new BDTM for the iMac - will I need to re-register the Curve with the new desktop?
    Will I need to re-set sync services?
    What sort of sync should I do for the first time?
    Any other ideas / suggestions / help?

Many thanks

Tony
    11-06-09 04:40 AM
    If your going to have possession of both machines for at least an hour, connect your Macs together via USB or Firewire and go to the utilities folder on your new machine and double click the "Migration Assistant" there should be a setting for to transfer user account from your old machine... It will transfer everything, programs, desktop background setting, whether your dock is set to auto-hide or not, iTunes library, interweb browser settings, etc... I've had three different macs and this little jewel of a program makes changing machines so easy! Enjoy your new Mac!!! Cheers!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 09:35 AM
    Hi
    I am currently using Mac OSX 10.8 on a G4 Power PC with BDTM 1.0.1 to SUCCESSFULLY sync / backup my Curve 8900.
    You mean 10.5.8 I think

I am going to upgrade my machine to a new iMac running 10.6. Can anyone help with suggestions as to the best way to ensure continued success - apart from making the obvious backups before I start.
    As suggested above, there is a migration assistant...you put your G4 in Target mode (restart holding the T button) attach FIREWIRE to G4 and iMac...and off it goes. Now some have had trouble and there are incompatibilities doing this when going from Leopard to SL...I would recommend if you plan on doing this, you get rid of the incompatible software on your G4 first...this program can help Also use AppFresh to check current versions of your software...both are FREE.

another useful link
    11-06-09 10:38 AM
    Many thanks, much appreciated and noted.

I want to do a clean APPS install of fresh downloads / disc install + upgrades & patches to get rid of ALL unwanted clobber. I am a bit of a shareware junkie!
    So, still looking for advice on a new copy of BDTM on a new machine with a Curve that has already been syncd on the old machine.

Hope that's clear and you all can help.
    11-06-09 11:24 AM
    Like I said above, you won't have to install a new copy of DM or worry about remembering what settings you had before if you use the Mac Migration Assistant, it will transfer the DM from old Mac OS/machine to your new Mac OS/machine, then you will already have all the needed settings to continue syncing your berry the way you like it... You were very clear the first time and like I said, I've done this across three machines and I'm not a noob to BB either, trust me, Migration Assistant is the answer to your concerns. In the migration assistant there are also settings to customize what you transfer... So all of your "clobber" will not move to you new Mac if you don't want it to!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 11:40 AM
    AH! Many thanks again!
    11-06-09 11:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD